Football Gambling

Started by murph468, Sep 12, 2010, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 22, 2012, 11:07 AM
They've beaten top quality opposition as well BH!

Green Bay -3.5
Houston -1.5
Tampa +7.5
Those refs denied my quest for 9-0 to start the season.

Week 4

Giants +2.5
Bengals -1.5
Texans -12.5
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Murph

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 28, 2012, 05:42 PM

Green Bay -3.5
Houston -1.5
Tampa +7.5

Week 4

Giants +2.5
Bengals -1.5
Texans -12.5

you may just be a guru... Im still living on my first week wins, havnt won a parlay since.  Cardinals fucked me today

Ruckus

Quote from: Murph on Sep 30, 2012, 10:51 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 28, 2012, 05:42 PM

Green Bay -3.5
Houston -1.5
Tampa +7.5

Week 4

Giants +2.5
Bengals -1.5
Texans -12.5

you may just be a guru... Im still living on my first week wins, havnt won a parlay since.  Cardinals fucked me today
All great things must come to an end right?  I'll take it.  That Green Bay game still haunts me.  Sorry about the Cards.  That game had me scared from the beginning.  Miami is a much better team than the talking heads give them credit for...I think.  I've exhausted all my Texans' capital I believe.  Not gonna mess with tonight's game but I'll be rooting for the Bears.

Ruckus

Hey Murph.  I was in a spread pick'em pool with a hundred people and was leading wire to wire until I choked in the final week to finish in a tie for first.  That seattle/green bay game ended up costing me outright first.  We skipped one week because of Sandy but finished the season 33/48.  My second best season ever.

Any feelings about the playoffs.  I'm not playing these games but in order by confidence level I like:

Texans-4
Ravens-6.5
Packers-8
Skins+3

Murph

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 05, 2013, 11:39 AM
Hey Murph.  I was in a spread pick'em pool with a hundred people and was leading wire to wire until I choked in the final week to finish in a tie for first.  That seattle/green bay game ended up costing me outright first.  We skipped one week because of Sandy but finished the season 33/48.  My second best season ever.

Any feelings about the playoffs.  I'm not playing these games but in order by confidence level I like:

Texans-4
Ravens-6.5
Packers-8
Skins+3

What a travesty that Seattle/GB game ended up being huh?  Im not confident in a single pick I made, but i took:

Bengals +4.5
Ravens -7
Packers -7.5
Skins +3

Should be a great first weekend of playoff football though, im super pumped considering the Jets and Giants are nowhere to be found

Ruckus

Quote from: Murph on Jan 05, 2013, 01:12 PM

Texans-4
Ravens-6.5
Packers-8
Skins+3

What a travesty that Seattle/GB game ended up being huh?  Im not confident in a single pick I made, but i took:

Bengals +4.5
Ravens -7
Packers -7.5
Skins +3

Should be a great first weekend of playoff football though, im super pumped considering the Jets and Giants are nowhere to be found
That Texans game had me worried.  They completely dominated the Bengals and nearly didn't cover.  The pick 6 and Houston's inability to get TDs instead of FGs almost were costly. Thankfully Dalton missed Green open deep over and over again.

For the GB/Minn game, I wonder if the line moved big time at the last second.  I had no idea Ponder was going to be inactive until game time.  Why they didn't just run basic option sets with Webb and Peterson is beyond me.  It was the only thing that worked.  Watching Webb throw was like watching Sanchez.

Murph

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 06, 2013, 12:44 PM
Quote from: Murph on Jan 05, 2013, 01:12 PM

Texans-4
Ravens-6.5
Packers-8
Skins+3

Bengals +4.5
Ravens -7
Packers -7.5
Skins +3

That Texans game had me worried.  They completely dominated the Bengals and nearly didn't cover.  The pick 6 and Houston's inability to get TDs instead of FGs almost were costly. Thankfully Dalton missed Green open deep over and over again.

For the GB/Minn game, I wonder if the line moved big time at the last second.  I had no idea Ponder was going to be inactive until game time.  Why they didn't just run basic option sets with Webb and Peterson is beyond me.  It was the only thing that worked.  Watching Webb throw was like watching Sanchez.

I know man, the Bengals should have lost that game by 3 TDs.  They got beat in every facet and had the ball about half the time the Texans did.  I was fairly sure the Packers would win and having Ponder ruled out at game time didn't help, but damn.  They couldn't do anything which was disappointing, I would have loved another shoot out.  Oh we'll, shitty end to an amazing year from AP.  This WAS/SEA game is shaping up to be the best of the weekend.  Ya gotta love home dogs!!

Ruckus

Can't say I'm too confident.  This has been the year of the favorites so I don't like taking all 4 dogs.
Ravens +8.5
Packers +3
Seahawks +3
Texans +9.5

Murph

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 12, 2013, 12:50 PM
Can't say I'm too confident.  This has been the year of the favorites so I don't like taking all 4 dogs.
Ravens +8.5
Packers +3
Seahawks +3
Texans +9.5

I like the Ravens and Packers, but I really think this is the year Matty Ice and the Falcons prove they aren't chumps in the playoffs.  I like them at home of course also.  I'll be rooting for the Texans, but I dont see it happening.  I got the Pats by two scores. 

Murph

That time of year again!  Anyone take a look at the lines yet?  The only one I've seen is the Jets +3 and all I could think was... The Bucs are a lock  :cry:

Ruckus

You, me, and everyone else Murph.  That line has moved to 4 on most boards and that's a huge full point for a season opening team to gain.  This season likely remind me of my time living in NY from 88-96 when we'd maybe watch the Jets for the first quarter or half and then go do something outside after they went down 3tds.

I've started the college season 4-0 after getting Michigan -5 and BYU +8 last night.  Unfortunately I thought Baltimore +9 was a lock.  Oops.

As I've mentioned a couple of times in this thread, I've had some of my best weeks on opening day but I'm not confident this week. 

If you got the Bucs at -3, I think that's solid.  I also like the Dolphins to go into Cleveland and pull out a close one.  Going against the grain, I like Carolina +3.5 at home and the Bears -3 at home against the Bengals.  Cowboys -3.5 I like as well.

Good luck Murph.

Murph

Yea I just don't have the heart to bet against the Jets, not week 1 at least.  I love the Pats minus that big old 10 points.  I see them winning huge.  I also money lined the Falcons +150.  Scares me a bit playing in the dome, I just love ATL this year though.

Murph

Quote from: Murph on Sep 08, 2013, 01:25 PM
Yea I just don't have the heart to bet against the Jets, not week 1 at least.  I love the Pats minus that big old 10 points.  I see them winning huge.  I also money lined the Falcons +150.  Scares me a bit playing in the dome, I just love ATL this year though.

Lol

Ruckus

Quote from: Murph on Sep 08, 2013, 04:58 PM
Quote from: Murph on Sep 08, 2013, 01:25 PM

Lol
lulz.  i didn't touch the game.  Dolphins came up huge for me!

Murph

The Jets are so enticing tomorrow with the 11 points.  Coming off a game in which they played better than anyone expected, the Pats played worse than anyone expected, and now no Vereen or Amendola?!  I still wont bet them though so when they inevitably end up losing by 30 it won't hurt double

Ruckus

Quote from: Murph on Sep 11, 2013, 07:33 PM
The Jets are so enticing tomorrow with the 11 points.  Coming off a game in which they played better than anyone expected, the Pats played worse than anyone expected, and now no Vereen or Amendola?!  I still wont bet them though so when they inevitably end up losing by 30 it won't hurt double
My book had it at +13.  Maybe it dropped with Vereen on top of Amendola?  Best question is who does the short week hurt the most.  I'm gonna say Geno.  If I was playing this, and I may, I'd take the Pats if it's less than two TDs.

Go Jets!

capt. scotty

Do either of you guys play on Fanduel?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

Quote from: capt. scotty on Sep 12, 2013, 12:35 AM
I've never bothered.  You?  I love the legal loophole (or not so much) that they operate through.  I always see sports gambling as skill vs. obvious numerical certainties involved with table and slot gaming.

capt. scotty

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 12, 2013, 01:04 AM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Sep 12, 2013, 12:35 AM
I've never bothered.  You?  I love the legal loophole (or not so much) that they operate through.  I always see sports gambling as skill vs. obvious numerical certainties involved with table and slot gaming.

I got a free deposit last year, but I never used it for some reason and then did in the playoffs because I wasnt sure if I had to use it before the season ended or Id lose it. What I played were 50/50 leagues, meaning half of the entries win, so in the ones I did 25 of 50 people win. Playoffs probably not the best time to do that type of format I think because of less players and many studs = easier to win for casual fans/gamblers, but I think in the regular season if you know the NFL/fantasy football it could be easy money.

I didnt play last week but Im going to do a few this week and see how it goes. I wont continue dumping money into if Im losing, but if Im successful over the next few weeks, I definitely be playing it a lot for the whole season.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

I ended up making a small play on the Jets.  What an ugly game and I enjoyed every bit of it.  We missed Kerley as much as they did Amendola if not more. 

More for rooting interest but took A&M +7.5 and Ole Miss +3