Football Gambling

Started by murph468, Sep 12, 2010, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

To all you degenerate gamblers on the board, like myself, lets here some picks.

Today I hit a 3 team parlay:

Dolphins -3
Titans -6
Lions +6.5

$25 paid $146

Im laying off the 4pm games and probably throwing 50 on the Cowgirls tonight

BH

Quoteprobably throwing 50 on the Cowgirls tonight

you should have seen the flaw in your own sentence!   How bout them Cowgirls!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

touchingmept2

How about that bullshit last call? Booshit Booshit Booshit
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

BH

QuoteHow about that bullshit last call? Booshit Booshit Booshit

You mean the most obvious holding call of all time?   The one where my three year old threw his yellow blanket in the air right when it happened?  (OK, that last part didn't happen but still.)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

QuoteHow about that bullshit last call? Booshit Booshit Booshit

You mean the most obvious holding call of all time?   The one where my three year old threw his yellow blanket in the air right when it happened?  (OK, that last part didn't happen but still.)
;D ;D
It was the right call.  It helped that it won me a couple of bills in my weekly spread pick em pool. ;)
Nice job on the parlay Murph.   :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

touchingmept2

You both have to admit that it would have been a much better game had it went  into ot.

Ruckus

QuoteYou both have to admit that it would have been a much better game had it went  into ot.
But it wouldn't have gone into OT :-?

touchingmept2

It would have if the ref would've gave the boys the td instead of being gay.

Ruckus

QuoteIt would have if the ref would've gave the boys the td instead of being gay.
The Cowboys would have kicked the extra point and won...

touchingmept2

Murph

4 team 13pt teaser:

GB over Bills (pick em)
Cowboys +5
Vikings +7.5
Vikings/Dolphins Over 26

$100.00 pays $73.80

Murph

Quote4 team 13pt teaser:

GB over Bills (pick em)
Cowboys +5
Vikings +7.5
Vikings/Dolphins Over 26

$100.00 pays $73.80

damn not even close.......at least the JETS won!

capt. scotty

GB/Bills was seriously a pick em?  :-?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

Quote4 team 13pt teaser:

GB over Bills (pick em)
Cowboys +5
Vikings +7.5
Vikings/Dolphins Over 26

$100.00 pays $73.80

damn not even close.......at least the JETS won!
Ouch..tough break man.  But yes.....at least the Jets won!  

Hey Headdy,  he teased 13 points.

So far 21/31 ATS this year.

capt. scotty

Im somewhat of a gambling novice, what does that mean exactly? Im assuming its something different than taking GB -13
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

Im somewhat of a gambling novice, what does that mean exactly? Im assuming its something different than taking GB -13
Murph parlayed 4 plays.  He teased the line 13 points meaning he moved them in his favor.  It also significantly reduces your potential payout

capt. scotty

Gotcha, thanks.

I havent gambled serious $$$ since the 07 Colts-Pats game, but Im really regretting not taking Bama -11.5 vs. Penn St a couple weeks ago. I know you dont bet against your team, but not only did I not think we'd have a shot, I was sure we'd lose by 20+ points. I even told my friend who went to Bama Id be happy with a 14 point loss. If they didnt lay off in the 2nd half, they would have beat us even worse than they did. I was seriously thinking bout putting $400 on them which is half my paycheck

Murph

basically a teaser should be a fairly safe bet, especially a 13 point teaser, but when your a mush like me there's no such thing as a safe bet.

Murph

So far 21/31 ATS this year.[/quote]

Damn Ruckus that's pretty good.  Who do you like this week??

Ruckus

So far 21/31 ATS this year.

Damn Ruckus that's pretty good.  Who do you like this week?? [/quote]
That's a lot of pressure man.  I would hate to have my first bad week.  I actually haven't looked at the lines for this week yet.  I will try to post some picks by Sunday morning and see how I do.  Although I'm seeing J Roddy and Shooter Jennings on Sat so Sunday morning posting might be a challenge. ;D  Good luck this week Murph.  Big win for the Jets.