Football Gambling

Started by murph468, Sep 12, 2010, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

QuoteThat Ravens line scares me. I have no idea why NE playing there first game without Moss against arguably the best team in the NFL is a favorite. Smells like red lobster. Crustaceany.
I agree.  Fishy indeed.  Gotta do it.  NE hasn't shown me anything against a Ravens team that is already diesel with an evolving passing game that finally decided to run last week with Mr. Rice.  I'll take the points.

I feel this is the game the Saints O blows up
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

QuoteI feel this is the game the Saints O blows up

I thought that 2 weeks ago against CAR and was proven wrong. Last week didnt make me any more confident. Maybe Bush is more important than anyone realized?!  :o ;D

They could turn it on against TB, Im guessing what Batch did vs them makes you more confident, but I think TB is actually a solid team, plus theyre at home. NO coming off a loss helps them youd think. That said, probably steering clear of that game
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

I almost never touch college games because I KNOW every game is fixed.  But, due to last evening's success, a small wager on a 3 teamer today.

Pitt -1.5
USC -2.5
Arkansas +3.5

Murph

Already up $65 from the Jets on Monday so here's how it goes:

$50 to win $130

Saints -4
Giants -10

$15 to win $216

Chargers -9
Scravens +2.5
Falcons +120 money line
Bears -6

Ruckus

QuoteI almost never touch college games because I KNOW every game is fixed.  But, due to last evening's success, a small wager on a 3 teamer today.

Pitt -1.5
USC -2.5
Arkansas +3.5
Way to delete your post Trace ;D  I guess I should have parlayed the over on that one.  Seriously...WTF was that game?

Ruckus

Philly and the over got me some play money for this evening although the Bears screwed my big play.

Going against the grain here.  80% have taken the over @44.5 and 83% are taking the Colts -3.

Soooo, I'll be taking the under and the Skins +3

capt. scotty

Didnt have a chance to make my picks for the 1pm games....but did good at 4pm with MIN -1.5 and NJY -3 (phew on that one!)

Im staying away from this Indy game. Theyve been too Jekyl and Hyde for my liking.

Going with TEN -3 for tomorrow

My first week I will be over .500!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

And the public was right.  Doh!

Told ya about the Saints El Capitan ;)

capt. scotty

QuoteAnd the public was right.  Doh!

Told ya about the Saints El Capitan ;)

Wasnt the colts game a push?!  :-?

Yeah, no doubt bout the Saints. I think I picked them every week vs shitty teams expecting them to blow up and had enough of them so they were castoffs this week.

Ruckus

Week 8 - Likin a lot of road dogs here

Niners Pick Em
Cowboys -6.5
Skins +2.5
Jets -5.5
Rams -3
Dolphins +2
Bills +8 (pick o the week)
Titans +3.5
Bucs +3
Seahawks +2.5
Pats -5
Saints pick 'em
Texans +5.5

I parlayed the Cowboys and the over at 42
Also parlayed Skins, Bills and Dolphins...I think.. gonna have to check that

capt. scotty

Took

WAS +3
CAR +3
MIA +3
INDY -5.5

Carolina was a hunch that went wrong, but that WAS-DET game is still pissing me off..They were the winner until god damn Shanahan pulled McNabb and the game went to shit.

capt. scotty

SD -1.5
NYJ -3.5
Indy +3
PIT -3.5

capt. scotty

QuoteSD -1.5
NYJ -3.5
Indy +3
PIT -3.5

Added GB -9 late on sunday and forgot I took NE -4...good week though, +5 shares.

Ive made it a bad habit of waiting til sunday to look at spreads this year, and glad I checked a couple days ago because I like a lot of the early ones this week :

BAL +1 (3 shares)
TB -6 (4 shares)
TEN -1 (2 shares)
DET +3 (3 shares)
HOU +3 (4 shares)
KC -2.5 (3 shares)
NE +5 (3 shares)
PHI -3 (4 shares)

I might have to throw more shares on the NE and HOU games...really like those spreads

Murph

ATL and the under tonight........please

capt. scotty

QuoteATL and the under tonight........please

Not sure bout the O/U but it had to be close with that last TD...didnt realize Ryan was 18-1 at home  :o

Good call.

I'll take a wrong pick any day of the week though when it comes alongside a 30pt fantasy game by Roddy and Ravens loss.

capt. scotty

BAL +1 (3 shares)
TB -6 (4 shares)
TEN -1 (2 shares)
DET +3 (3 shares)
HOU +3 (4 shares)
KC -2.5 (3 shares)
NE +5 (3 shares)
PHI -3 (4 shares)

oof...need Philly to win just to get out of the red. Couldve been a good week if not for JAX miraculous winning that game. That shouldve at worst been a push and couldve easily been a HOU win.

Ruckus

Had a solid week going 9/13.  I take down our spread pick em pool if the Iggles win by three or more.  Between that and a nice chunk o change I put on the Pats +5 last night, may be a lucrative weekend.  Well timed after less than stellar two weeks

capt. scotty

Maybe Ruckus the gambling genius will disagree with 1 or both of these, but I had to jump all over GB +2.5 @ MIN and TB +4 @ SF because both of those opening lines looked terribly off and I think theyre so out of whack theyll change by at least a few points within the next couple days

Ruckus

QuoteMaybe Ruckus the gambling genius will disagree with 1 or both of these, but I had to jump all over GB +2.5 @ MIN and TB +4 @ SF because both of those opening lines looked terribly off and I think theyre so out of whack theyll change by at least a few points within the next couple days
If I was a gambling genius, I wouldn't be working but alas I get drunk and blow my football and basketball winnings on online blackjack ;D

I agree with you about those lines.  However, Troy Smith looks good and they are at home.  At first glance, I would stay away from that game.  

You have to like the Pack coming off of a bye with the quarterback situation in flux and Rice being out for another week.  Minnesota played them well in Green Bay though.  I like GB here more than TB in San Fran.

I have no idea though ;D

mahg33ta

QuoteMaybe Ruckus the gambling genius will disagree with 1 or both of these, but I had to jump all over GB +2.5 @ MIN and TB +4 @ SF because both of those opening lines looked terribly off and I think theyre so out of whack theyll change by at least a few points within the next couple days
If I was a gambling genius, I wouldn't be working but alas I get drunk and [highlight]blow my football and basketball winnings on online blackjack [/highlight];D

oh, ruckus!