Football Gambling

Started by murph468, Sep 12, 2010, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adam w

anybody know any book that would have the alabama / auburn spread available for action a week in advance? there's only upside in taking bama...

Ruckus

Parlay Toledo -10 and Over 54.5

I'm not a degenerate ;D :-[
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

Not too confident this week:

Chicago +1.5
Oakland +7.5
Houston +7.5
Baltimore -10
Tennessee -7
Dallas -6.5
Green Bay -3
Buffalo +5.5
Cleveland +1.5
Arizona +7.5
New Orleans -11.5
St. Louis +3
San Fran -3
Indy +3
Giants +3
Denver +10

capt. scotty

Had my best week of the year last week...+9 shares..Hopefully it carries over

PIT -6 (5 shares)
JAX +8 (3 shares)
OAK push (4 shares)
ATL -1 (2 shares)
PHI -3 (4 shares)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

QuoteHad my best week of the year last week...+9 shares..Hopefully it carries over

PIT -6 (5 shares)
JAX +8 (3 shares)
OAK push (4 shares)
ATL -1 (2 shares)
PHI -3 (4 shares)
I like Pitt and Jacksonville.  I'm on the fence with Eagles/Bears.  I like Green Bay to smack Atlanta in the dome

capt. scotty

QuoteHad my best week of the year last week...+9 shares..Hopefully it carries over

PIT -6 (5 shares)
JAX +8 (3 shares)
OAK push (4 shares)
ATL -1 (2 shares)
PHI -3 (4 shares)
I like Pitt and Jacksonville.  I'm on the fence with Eagles/Bears.  I like Green Bay to smack Atlanta in the dome

Its my least sure pick of the bunch, which is why I only have 2 shares on it. Only reason I went with ATL is because Ryan is 19-1 at home. I'll take those odds.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

I didnt have a chance to look at the later games yet, but so far

JAX -3.5 (4 shares)
CIN +9 (3 shares)
ATL -7 (5 shares)
TB -1 (4 shares)

capt. scotty

QuoteI didnt have a chance to look at the later games yet, but so far

JAX -3.5 (4 shares) win
CIN +9 (3 shares) loss
ATL -7 (5 shares) win
TB -1 (4 shares) push

was +11 shares thanks to BAL -3 @ 5 shares and that very timely Pick 6 in OT.

This week:
DAL -6 (5 shares)
HOU +1.5 (4 shares)
NO +1.5 (3 shares)
KC +3 (4 shares) Id be amazed if Cassel doesnt start
NE -13.5 (5 shares)
CHI -7.5 (3 shares) I guess Im hedging my bets on Webb  ;D

capt. scotty

INDy -2.5 (3 shares)
BAL -1 (7 shares)

Id still take BAL at -3 which is where its at now

Im really tempted to take SEA +11 but I dont think I'll pull the trigger.

Ruckus

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jan 07, 2011, 11:40 AM
INDy -2.5 (3 shares)
BAL -1 (7 shares)

I'm gonna hunker down and crunch numbers tomorrow but I'll guarantee a Jets win straight up.  I agree with u on Seattle.  At Qwest with Hasselbeck starting

capt. scotty

You guarantee the Jets will win?? I dunno. Colts on a 4 game win streak, Peyton threw at least 2TDs in each of those games (9TD/2INT) with a 100.3 passer rating. Sanchez was 1-3 his last 4 games, 1TD/5INT, with a 59.6 passer rating. LT hasnt broken 60yds rushing in a game since week 5 and only averaged over 4 YPC in 2 games since then. All those things make me like Indy but the biggest reason is that the game is in the big gas station.

I think Im goin to add GB +3 the more I think about it as well, for like 4 shares. GB hasnt lost a Rodgers started game by more than 3 all year, and I actually heard they havent trailed by more than a TD all season.

Ruckus

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jan 07, 2011, 01:49 PM
You guarantee the Jets will win?? I dunno. Colts on a 4 game win streak, Peyton threw at least 2TDs in each of those games (9TD/2INT) with a 100.3 passer rating. Sanchez was 1-3 his last 4 games, 1TD/5INT, with a 59.6 passer rating. LT hasnt broken 60yds rushing in a game since week 5 and only averaged over 4 YPC in 2 games since then. All those things make me like Indy but the biggest reason is that the game is in the big gas station.

I think Im goin to add GB +3 the more I think about it as well, for like 4 shares. GB hasnt lost a Rodgers started game by more than 3 all year, and I actually heard they havent trailed by more than a TD all season.
I got green blinders on but much of the public has Peyton ones on.  Jets played some tough D's down the stretch.  They are a better team than the one that almost pulled it out at Lucas Oil last year and the Colts are not.  I just have a good feeling that we'll be able to move the ball and create a TO or 2.

Pack +3 is a no brainer for me.  They are my NFC favorite.

I don't like the KC/Bmore game but I'll take the Ravens.  Chiefs may be a year away.

I read that all of the Seahawks' 9 losses have been by 13 points or more.  So if you think the Saints are gonna win, they'll likely cover the 11 too right? ;D

capt. scotty

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 07, 2011, 02:27 PM
They are a better team than the one that almost pulled it out at Lucas Oil last year and the Colts are not.

the Jets might be a better team than they were last year, but hard to say. The additions of Cromartie and Santonio would make me believe that, but they lost TJones who was more vital to them last yr than LT this year (although Greene carried them in the playoffs). I had to actually look up Sanchez's stats this year to see if he really got better. He clearly did stats wise, but half his TDs came in September when he had his 3 best games of the year based on passer rating. They might be better on paper this year, but I think they were playing better going into Indy last year coming off 2 playoff wins.

The Colts clearly arent as good as they were last year, but theyre playing better than the Jets going into this game.

1 thing I am pretty sure of, is that this will be the best game of this weekend. It wouldnt surprise me if the other 3 games are decided by double digits (Saints, Pack, Ravens wins).

Ruckus

Can't over analyze here.   We're gonna make it happen.  F the Colts!

Ruckus

Playing two parlays today.

Saints -10/Over 45 - Saints 35 - Seahawks 17

Jets +2.5/Over 44.5 - Jets 24 - Colts 23

Ruckus

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 08, 2011, 01:09 PM

FAIL

Ruckus

FAIL

Oh well, no complaints.  Last night was a great night!  I got the rest of my cash on the Packers +2.5.  Go Pack!

Ruckus

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 09, 2011, 09:12 AM

FAIL

Oh well, no complaints.  Last night was a great night!  I got the rest of my cash on the Packers +2.5.  Go Pack!

Rolling over half of the Pack winnings on Nevada (other pack) in the "FIGHT HUNGER BOWL"  Hilarious

capt. scotty

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jan 07, 2011, 11:40 AM
INDy -2.5 (3 shares)
BAL -1 (7 shares)

Didnt pick the Seattle game, but went with GB +3 for 6 shares....+10 shares for the weekend, I'll take it

Ruckus

An up and down weekend for me and I finished where I started.  Kinda wish I had just thrown it all on the Pack which was my pick of the week.

Pitt -3 and Pats -8.5

My heart and my wallet tell me two different things.  I may have to take the Ravens straight up but concede the Pats on this line so that I win either way.