Main Menu

Phish

Started by capt. scotty, Dec 24, 2010, 12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey_rogo

any of you folks going to the VT flood benefit show?? i shall be there. a great cause, and surely a great show. first VT since coventry if my mind isn't playing tricks on me.

walterfredo

wish I could make it.  Pack your rain gear, looking like it could be coventry part II.

Jahmazed

Quote from: joey_rogo on Sep 08, 2011, 09:41 PM
any of you folks going to the VT flood benefit show?? i shall be there. a great cause, and surely a great show. first VT since coventry if my mind isn't playing tricks on me.

Yup!  :D  it is a great local cause.. but please god no more rain!

joey_rogo

if it does rain... those grandstand tickets that no one seems to want could become more valuable.

also, waiting in line in burlington yesterday morning wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, but god damn, there are some real assholes out there.

i'm excited. just hope my boss, who doesn't yet know i'm going, doesn't get too upset.

capt. scotty

Just decided tonight that Im headin' North with a buddy who drove out from Colorado today for this show. Yep, first Vermont show since Coventry. Havent been able to see them yet this year, pretty stoked for Wednesday. Hoping they pull out the big guns.

Any idea about this venue its at? Is it a regular venue or is it going to be festival style? Grass or concrete grounds?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jahmazed

Quote from: capt. scotty on Sep 12, 2011, 10:18 PM

Just decided tonight that Im headin' North with a buddy who drove out from Colorado today for this show. Yep, first Vermont show since Coventry. Havent been able to see them yet this year, pretty stoked for Wednesday. Hoping they pull out the big guns.

Any idea about this venue its at? Is it a regular venue or is it going to be festival style? Grass or concrete grounds?

Aren't the fairgrounds the same place MMJ payed last summer?   If so it was pretty much just a grass field and a stage.  It's almost all GA too so I think so it will be more festival than regular venue.    For MMJ it was a mellow scene although I'm sure it will be a lot more hectic for Phish.  Not sure about grandstands though I don't remember any around close by so maybe they are portable or show is on another part of the fairgrounds.  I can't believe this is happening tomorrow already..it only got announced last week!

joey_rogo

The venue mmj played at (the midway lawn) was in the same fairgrounds complex, but in a different area. This show will be at the coca cola grandstand, which is a big grandstand with field space in front of it. For some shows, they put chairs in the field, but I'm assuming they wont do that for this one (I hope not).

The weather is looking pretty good. Sunny, chance of showers, a little chilly perhaps... but certainly no coventry.

Jahmazed

Quote from: joey_rogo on Sep 13, 2011, 12:13 PM
The venue mmj played at (the midway lawn) was in the same fairgrounds complex, but in a different area. This show will be at the coca cola grandstand, which is a big grandstand with field space in front of it. For some shows, they put chairs in the field, but I'm assuming they wont do that for this one (I hope not).

The weather is looking pretty good. Sunny, chance of showers, a little chilly perhaps... but certainly no coventry.

Thanks.  and yes please no chairs  ;D

walterfredo

ericm

Quote from: walterfredo on Oct 11, 2011, 02:59 PM
http://phish.com/newyearsrun/

So if Phish can announce NYE dates in October, does that give us some hope that it's not too late for MMJ to announce one too?  ;)

"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

Quote from: jones on Dec 22, 2011, 12:09 PM
NYC, BE WARNED:
http://christwire.org/2011/12/controversial-rock-band-the-phish-plots-mayhem-in-manhattan-this-new-years-eve-2/
I love that, when I clicked on the link here at work, I got this...

"christwire.org is categorized as adult

The requested page has been blocked by the content filter because it is in violation of the internet acceptable usage policy set by the administration."
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 22, 2011, 01:06 PM
Quote from: jones on Dec 22, 2011, 12:09 PM
NYC, BE WARNED:
http://christwire.org/2011/12/controversial-rock-band-the-phish-plots-mayhem-in-manhattan-this-new-years-eve-2/
I love that, when I clicked on the link here at work, I got this...

"christwire.org is categorized as adult

The requested page has been blocked by the content filter because it is in violation of the internet acceptable usage policy set by the administration."

;D

This is what came up for me:

"The Websense category "Tasteless" is filtered."
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

walterfredo

joey_rogo

Were any of you folks at the new years run? I was at the 3rd and 4th nights. Got to hear Farmhouse, always wanted that one. Also, dat 46 days was super sick. I had heard it before a few times, but holy hell they tore it up.

br00ke

i hit all four shows @ MSG and sorta didn't think this run was all that great. there were definitely some hot moments but no show had a solid start to finish flow (at least for me).

sounds like they will be returning to bethel for memorial day. if your an east coaster / in the area and are a phish fan, you should definitely make these shows. i went last year and it was sheer perfection ... super fabulous venue (site of orig. woodstock), gorgeous farm country, easy drive up from NYC, and really sweet locals (every night we had little old ladies standing by the entrance waving and saying good night and thanks for coming). there are a ton of vacation rentals up there and it makes for a perfect long weekend get away be it with your crew of friends or for a family. we rented a bunch of cottages with the most badass owner ... on the last night she had a huge bon fire waiting for us by the pond when we got back from the show :thumbsup: i had alot of friends bring their kids too - babies, toddlers, etc... everyone had a fantastic time.

Luna Moth

Quote from: br00ke on Jan 11, 2012, 03:21 PM
i hit all four shows @ MSG and sorta didn't think this run was all that great. there were definitely some hot moments but no show had a solid start to finish flow (at least for me).

Alot of Phish fans have said the same thing but alot of people who arent Phans seemed to have loved it. Was streaming night 1 & 2 today. Looks like everything was great with every show accept if they would do 3-4 song encores, at least on 30/31 it would have made the difference. whatever they do what they do, wouldnt be upset about it, you could just be a spoiled Phan.

Where is the best place to stream their stuff? was on Phishstream (sp?) or somethin and had to click every song to hear it instead of it just playing through like on Panicstream, which Zman was at the NYE run for ya recording solid AUDs.  he's got 12/31 up here: http://www.panicstream.net/vault/category/phish/ but his other recordings are on the Phish sites.. wheres the best streaming phish site?

br00ke

well as a phan that see's them quite often .. there's no way i'm gonna love every show and it's also true that every show can't be GREATEST SHOW EVER. onward to the next show though  :thumbsup:

so are you looking for streaming audio or video? for audio check out http://yawningdrone.com/  :)

joey_rogo

Quote from: br00ke on Jan 11, 2012, 03:21 PM

sounds like they will be returning to bethel for memorial day. if your an east coaster / in the area and are a phish fan, you should definitely make these shows. i went last year and it was sheer perfection ... super fabulous venue (site of orig. woodstock), gorgeous farm country, easy drive up from NYC, and really sweet locals (every night we had little old ladies standing by the entrance waving and saying good night and thanks for coming). there are a ton of vacation rentals up there and it makes for a perfect long weekend get away be it with your crew of friends or for a family. we rented a bunch of cottages with the most badass owner ... on the last night she had a huge bon fire waiting for us by the pond when we got back from the show :thumbsup: i had alot of friends bring their kids too - babies, toddlers, etc... everyone had a fantastic time.

I hear ya about the NYE run. I thought the atmosphere was fun and all, but as a rather recent and largely phish uneducated fan, I thought it had a bit of a 'greatest hits' show feel. Can't really explain it, but it didn't feel as special as I thought it would.

I was at Bethel for 2 nights last year and had a blast. That venue is amazing. Very beautiful and clean. The bathrooms were so fucking clean that I took a dump just for the hell of it. I'll most likely be back again if they do indeed play Bethel this year.