MMJ photo show

Started by 44pics, Apr 30, 2009, 02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluesky

Pennylane,
Well if we are both gone that weekend and they are not doing a pre show on Thursday. We have to plan for a night that following week after work!

Jbones72

very cool, defiantly going to check this out, happy it's in NYC!

AlwxanderD10

tdb810

Who is going this weekend?  I am hoping for Sunday....Totally excited!   :D :D :D
.....Back at the Model Home

searchinbig

Thats a great interview. I love what JJ says about the 70's.

So true, although we did listen to 8 tracks and spent a ton of time spinning cassettes as well as vinyl and the high...Yup!

Funny he says the Golden Age. I never thought of the 70's as that.
I figured that was the 50's. Guess he's talking about music.

I dug my turntable out of it's plastic wrapped mummification and started to spin my vinyl again cause of MMJ. You should see my kids faces watching the vinyl spin. Priceless.

Thanks for that guys!  :)
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

Penny Lane

QuotePennylane,
Well if we are both gone that weekend and they are not doing a pre show on Thursday. We have to plan for a night that following week after work!

i am headed out of town today but next week, let's go!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

TheRoof

On Okonokos:

"So we didn't want to just call it Live at the Fillmore. I wanted to give it some kind of title, and the title just kind of came from a dream. I remember waking up and looking at this piece of paper next to my bed, and I'd written that word on the piece of paper. So I Googled the word, and it turns out it was the last unincorporated town in America. Which is really weird. It's like in Virginia or somewhere. [The town of Okonoko is in West Virginia."
You Are Everything

44pics

The opening party was last night and it was great. Bo and Tom came and there were tons of people. It was personally very exciting for me to see all of my pictures displayed that way in a collection. Some great memories hung on those walls. Hope you guys get to check it out. Let me know what you think. Sam

aMillionDreams

QuoteThe opening party was last night and it was great. Bo and Tom came and there were tons of people. It was personally very exciting for me to see all of my pictures displayed that way in a collection. Some great memories hung on those walls. Hope you guys get to check it out. Let me know what you think. Sam

Good work, Sam.  Thanks for letting us get a little closer to our favorite band!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

tdb810

We checked the exhibit out on Saturday night.  Some really beautiful work, looks like lots of fun memories!  I loved JJ's note at the end too.  I also really liked the JJ/Patrick collage....it's nice to be able to see Patrick's face once in awhile.  Thanks Sam!

Penny Lane

bluesky and i are hitting this sat night  :D :D can't wait...

AMightyCaporal

hopefully going this tuesday- I really want to check this out but its so hard getting some time to go. Can't wait!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

AMightyCaporal

I went with my two friends last night- MMJ came on as we walked in- it was like the universe came together to give us an ultimate experience... if only the band walked in right after us.

The show is fantastic- really beautiful pictures, unique and telling- they show the deep concentration, light heartedness, musicianship, respect and friendship of the band.  Really wonderful- the other exhibit they have up has some truly fantastic shots as well.  

I would recommend any fan to go see this exhibit- its not a huge collection but the pictures are priceless.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

tdb810

So great that MMJ came on while you were looking at the exhibit.  That was the one thing missing when we went.  The John Varvatos store (originally CBGBs) next door was a pretty cool scene with lots of vintage records/posters and live music by the staff.   And the sangria and Tapas at a Cuban place across the street were deeeelish (forget the name).

Go see it if you can!!

Penny Lane

we went today, too....he brought out all the pics he had taken down...*guess they took down half of them last week--and the front window display was Okonokos* MMJ was playing while we were in there, too!! the huge pic from the fillmore was great, but the "Golden" shot of just JJ was my favorite. we checked out the old CBGBs, too----i'm glad they kept it a little the same.....just such a cool, music centered day. wish i had an extra 500$ to blow... :(

we checked out Slainte, the irish bar across the street and down..

AMightyCaporal

Quotewe went today, too....he brought out all the pics he had taken down...*guess they took down half of them last week--and the front window display was Okonokos* MMJ was playing while we were in there, too!! the huge pic from the fillmore was great, but the "Golden" shot of just JJ was my favorite. we checked out the old CBGBs, too----i'm glad they kept it a little the same.....just such a cool, music centered day. wish i had an extra 500$ to blow... :(

we checked out Slainte, the irish bar across the street and down..

my favorite shot was the one of Jim concentrating on the playback of one of the songs off Evil Urges- something about it really grabbed me.