What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

According to the picture I got turquoise. I
Just looked at it again and it may be missing the sleeve. I guess I'll find out soon. I'm not too nuts about vinyl, I don't try to get multiple copies of things in different colors or anything, so for 99cents I'm happy no matter the outcome.

Given To Fly may be the best song of all time. I'm also supporting a strong obsession with Release as of late, because the recording of it from Alpine Valley last year as the opening song is out of this universe.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 27, 2012, 11:08 AM
According to the picture I got turquoise. I
Just looked at it again and it may be missing the sleeve. I guess I'll find out soon. I'm not too nuts about vinyl, I don't try to get multiple copies of things in different colors or anything, so for 99cents I'm happy no matter the outcome.

Given To Fly may be the best song of all time. I'm also supporting a strong obsession with Release as of late, because the recording of it from Alpine Valley last year as the opening song is out of this universe.

Release was definitely a favorite of mine... but once I got Riot Act "You Are" hooked me because I didn't even know PJ made music that sounded like that. And of course, Given to Fly is in a whole different realm when it comes to PJ best songs... up there with In My Tree and Present Tense.

I've been pretty unlucky over the past few years seeing PJ. PJ20 fest didn't fit into my schedule last year (vacation) and when they closed the Spectrum here in Philly with 4 straight shows I was in Washington DC for a week for work. Haven't seen them since June 2008  >:(
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

e_wind

i didn't make it to PJ20 either. I opted for MMJ in St Louis>Flaming Lips at Red Rocks>MMJ at Red Rocks. They were too close to afford both. Even though that was the best 3 nights in a row of music ive ever seen, I still question my decision. I feel like I missed out on a major part of rock and roll history. I mean those set lists are insane! I would pay 150$ or whatever it was to see Pearl Jam with Cornell play Reach Down and Call Me a Dog

jones

Ruckus

Quote from: jones on Sep 05, 2012, 11:29 AM

Doesn't get much better than this EP.
Need bananas right about now.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ManNamedTruth

Good day at Half Price Books today! I recommend this store if there's one in your area. Pixies Surfer Rosa was new for only $15, most new vinyl at stores are $20+.

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

searchinbig

Nice! My first Dylan record was Desire. Played the crap out of it. Still do!

I'd buy Pixies Surfer Rosa just for the cover.  :kiss:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

ManNamedTruth

oops, posted a pic of the Desire CD, oh well.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: searchinbig on Sep 11, 2012, 06:46 PM
Nice! My first Dylan record was Desire. Played the crap out of it. Still do!

I'd buy Pixies Surfer Rosa just for the cover.  :kiss:

yeah, whoever it is is gorgeous! Found a great pic of the back photo:

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

headhunter

I didn't love the new one by B of H but I do really like the new Bob Dylan.
Enjoy them all.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Crispy

Took me a while to finally get this:

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

BH

Quote from: Crispy on Sep 18, 2012, 04:26 PM

That's my album of the year, hands down, so far.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Dillsnufus

Quote from: Crispy on Sep 18, 2012, 04:26 PM

Thanks for the recommendation. I will be buying this vinyl soon lol
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

e_wind

not new vinyl, but....

I just bought a new turn table, nothing spectacular, but surely an upgrade from my old one from Target.  :cool:

More importantly, I bought a new Denon reciever thats pretty baller, and some Energy V6.2 speakers. These were 2,500$ for the pair, but they've been discontinued and I picked em up for 550$. I heard them before I bought them, and holy shit. They're the most amazing sounding speakers I've ever heard. I tested them with Old Man, and it sounded like Neil was standing next me.

The first thing I'm gonna do when I get all this shit in the mail  is play Okonokos vinyl. And soon after that I'm gonna watch Okonokos DVD. Can't wait.

headhunter

Congrats Eric.  I had a pair of Energy speakers for a long time.  Loved them.
Should help curtail your time with the television and add to your aural hygiene.

Enjoy the music!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

ManNamedTruth

Come Closer

Yeah those two are crucial. I came home to a package today.

Mirage Rock
#1 Record
Music from Big Pink
Shepherd's Dog
Around the Well
Acoustic Citsuoca
Chocolate and Ice

Devil Ledbetter

A record box arrived in the mail yesterday. I didn't even remember ordering any vinyl, so it was kind of like Christmas. Opened it up and it was Portugal. The Man The Majestic Majesty. YES!

I think the offer was something that popped up on my phone when I was traveling, and I didn't think twice about ordering it. I love Portugal. The Man. (Even if the period in the middle of their name annoys me.)

We understand it's the '90s.