Main Menu

Futurebirds

Started by Ruckus, Mar 30, 2011, 08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Apr 09, 2013, 09:31 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 08, 2013, 07:44 PM
Grabbed tix for their show at Ortlieb's Lounge in Philly on 5/22.  Have any of you Philly peeps been there before?  I'd never heard of it before but the idea of a venue I'd never been to as well as avoiding the awful DC Futurebirds scene made it an easy choice.  Plus the ticket was only 10 bucks, half the price of a DC ticket.

We got miracled 2 tix for Saturday night Album release party

http://mercylounge.com/calendar/venue/mercy/2013/04/13/futurebirds-baba-yaga-album-release-party/
Excellent!  Can't wait to hear how all the new songs translate live. 
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

Quote from: BH on Apr 09, 2013, 11:45 PM
I can't friggin believe these guys were just in St. Louis and I somehow overlooked it.   Dangittt!!!
I know you're not a Tweetbook guy so I'll post tour dates here from now on ;). Sorry you missed it man

Fully

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 10, 2013, 08:55 AM
I can't friggin believe these guys were just in St. Louis and I somehow overlooked it.   Dangittt!!!
I know you're not a Tweetbook guy so I'll post tour dates here from now on ;). Sorry you missed it man
I have the songkick app on my phone, and it helps me keep up with shows.

BH

Quote from: Fully on Apr 10, 2013, 11:16 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 10, 2013, 08:55 AM
I have the songkick app on my phone, and it helps me keep up with shows.

So do I.   And I usually go thru the run down on all my local venues every week or two but somehow this one slipped past me.     

Ruckus, please keep me online and in touch!    :smiley:
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

spence

Wolof7,
During Ski Chalet, did it go "four day weekend, that's what the fuck I'm talking about"?  I believe it did, heavy right?  Go to youtube and check out Bandway - 4 day weekend.

Ruckus

And Tom looks a lot like Michael Anthony here :grin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj3IfNqncHU#

This Yer Not Ded kinda rocks... :cheesy:  Who doesn't love a 4 guitar attack?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHDUgPd9eNo#

johnnYYac

Fat Possum just sent me the album mp3s, so I guess I'll give it a proper listen while I wait for my vinyl to be delivered.  Psyched!  :thumbsup:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Futurebirds put in a very joyous, high energy show last night in Nashville. Benny Yurco, From Grace Potter, joined them on stage for quite a few songs. He was there playing guitar for his gf Natalie Prass who opened for them. Even though I've listened to the live stream of it, I only listened one or two times do I can't tell you which of the new songs they played. I will say I enjoyed them all, the whole show was very good. I met some female Trucker fans there too who I'm supposed to meet up with at Shaky Knees. Although I doubt they are as huge of Trucker fans as some on here because they haven't seen Bill at a show ;)

Penny Lane

Quote from: Fully on Apr 14, 2013, 09:19 AM
I met some female Trucker fans there too who I'm supposed to meet up with at Shaky Knees. Although I doubt they are as huge of Trucker fans as some on here because they haven't seen Bill at a show ;)

ha ha and female trucker fans are few and far between! wonder if i know em, too!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

LBSUNFLWR

I got the album too and gave it one great listen through! Must go back for more!!  :beer:

Fully

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 15, 2013, 10:29 AM
Quote from: Fully on Apr 14, 2013, 09:19 AM
I met some female Trucker fans there too who I'm supposed to meet up with at Shaky Knees. Although I doubt they are as huge of Trucker fans as some on here because they haven't seen Bill at a show ;)

ha ha and female trucker fans are few and far between! wonder if i know em, too!

I want to say that her name was either Denise or Jackie. I really don't think she was too deep into following the band although she had been to a few shows. It was loud, and I didn't pay as much attention to their names as I should have. Both of them were nice though.

Penny Lane

I like this album but not as much as the previous ones...none of the songs grab me except Virginia Slims...but I still like it a lot..

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 24, 2013, 11:02 AM
I like this album but not as much as the previous ones...none of the songs grab me except Virginia Slims...but I still like it a lot..

It's tough to top their previous ones.  I too like the new album a lot and it's been playing a lot in my house, in my car, on my back deck as I'm brewing beer, etc.  :beer:  In other words, I can't seem to stop listening to it!   :cheesy:

Death Awaits is one of my faves btw...

justbcuzido

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Apr 24, 2013, 02:19 PM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 24, 2013, 11:02 AM

It's tough to top their previous ones.  I too like the new album a lot and it's been playing a lot in my house, in my car, on my back deck as I'm brewing beer, etc.  :beer:  In other words, I can't seem to stop listening to it!   :cheesy:

Death Awaits is one of my faves btw...

I originally just thought it was ok when I first heard it. I got it on vinyl and have been non-stop spinning it and listening to it both at home and work using spotify. It has really grown on me a whole lot. Love "Heavyweights", "Strangers", "Tan Lines" the most right now. Really an excellent album overall.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

justbcuzido

Also, does anyone else get an REM vibe on the song "Keith and Donna"?

Come Closer

Yeah I've been wearing this out, aoty so far for me.

justbcuzido

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

Loving this album!  Dig is my new fave.  It's so Neil/MMJ and the song structure reminds me of a live MMJ song recorded that includes even tempo changes.  I would love for them to go in that direction in the future with lengthier, more complex compositions

Penny Lane

Quote from: Ruckus on May 02, 2013, 10:49 AM
Loving this album!  Dig is my new fave.  It's so Neil/MMJ and the song structure reminds me of a live MMJ song recorded that includes even tempo changes.  I would love for them to go in that direction in the future with lengthier, more complex compositions

this album gets better with each listen..