Main Menu

Futurebirds

Started by Ruckus, Mar 30, 2011, 08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkeye

Excited for new Futurebirds tunes!  :bath:

If anyone has not seen this video, here is one I captured from way back in 2014.

https://youtu.be/L0iRpphoXug
We could.

parkervb

jamming this jawn rn
Don't you ever turn it off

subinai

Quote from: Cameron on Jul 22, 2021, 07:07 PMNew EP with Carl out next week!

this EP is awesome

ChiefOKONO

Very cool!  Please post so it reminds me to check it out in case I forget.

parkervb

the Carl sung tune "Blue Eyed Girl" is so good, big fan of "College Try" as well. I could have seen Jacket performing "Blue Eyed Girl"
Don't you ever turn it off

SplatSplatSplat

Quote from: StillWishing on Jun 12, 2019, 05:53 PM
Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Jun 04, 2019, 10:04 PMthe birds rule

I totally second this!!!!
Saw them a few months back at the Beat Kitchen in Chicago. Small club on a Saturday night, and the place was half full. I don't get how they don't have a bigger following as they make killer fucking, and sometimes spacey, music.
Futurebirds and the Felice Brothers should tour together. Hard working musicians who touch on various genres of music.

Dude, when they come through my town, it's literally like 15 people there. A fucking crime against humanity.  Considering we are in the South and these boys have a pretty good southern rock sound and are fucking excellent live, i'm amazed no one shows up to their shows. People around here will bitch and complain about a lack of good live music, which is mostly warranted, but absolutely do not turn up or even try out new stuff.
You need it.  That's for sure.

Cameron

They do really well here in Austin but we haven't gotten a show for a while.

Come Closer

Love these guys. Even when it's just Cartez & Womack it's a great time. Too bad Jacket hasn't given them some shine with an OBH invite. Thought the EP with Carl was a bit disappointing. But yeah the attention to amount of good music ratio is way off.

Hawkeye

Make sure you check out their solo stuff too, both Womz and Carter's.
Love the Futurebirds!
Join the "BirdFam" on Facebook if you have not already!
We could.

Ruckus

Where am I? What is going on?  :cheesy:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Come Closer

Blast from the past

CC

Futurebirds & Carl Broemel - "Buffet Days"

ChiefOKONO

I haven't listened to them before - Which album would you recommend I start with?  Thanks!

rkwedge

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jul 21, 2022, 12:29 PMI haven't listened to them before - Which album would you recommend I start with?  Thanks!
I like Hotel Parties myself.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Cameron

Teamwork is my favorite. Looking forward to seeing them again in the fall.

davymac

Quote from: rkwedge on Jul 21, 2022, 12:51 PM
Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jul 21, 2022, 12:29 PMI haven't listened to them before - Which album would you recommend I start with?  Thanks!
I like Hotel Parties myself.

I'll second Hotel Parties

ChiefOKONO

Since I am a fan of hotel parties in general, I have a good feeling about the album, thank you :)

rkwedge

This new Futurebirds/Carl album is a continuation of an EP they did together in 2021. It was only 4 songs, this one is "The Carl Song"
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Come Closer

Hotel Parties is probably my least favorite. Still good. Keep on flappin.

Come Closer

Is there a 21st century group that has as many good pipes in the group as these guys? Love their voices individually and how they blend. Just found they did this session with Carl.