Main Menu

Futurebirds

Started by Ruckus, Mar 30, 2011, 08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justbcuzido

This is a new song of their upcoming album. I am really upset I couldn't see them during SXSW, Jim James came between us and I am ok with that.

Enjoy!

http://soundcloud.com/futurebirds/heavy-weights
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Fully

Their new album comes out April 16, I think. I'm looking forward to it.

wolof7

Saw them in Charlotte last week. First time seeing them. They were amazing. Was hoping for but did not get Happy Animals or Megachills but this did not detract from the show at all.

The Visualite in Charlotte is a great little venue. Was lucky to snag front row, eye level seating in front of the very small pit area. All the new songs were great probably got 4 or 5. They also covered Neil Youngs Unknown Legend which blew my mind away. Closed their set with Wild Heart which was also incredible.

Will see them again when they swing by my home front in Pawtucket, RI. See them if you get a chance probably my favorite newer band of the past 3 years.

Pre-ordered the new album. Can't Wait!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

iLikeBeer

Quote from: wolof7 on Apr 02, 2013, 05:54 PM

Will see them again when they swing by my home front in Pawtucket, RI. See them if you get a chance probably my favorite newer band of the past 3 years.

Pre-ordered the new album. Can't Wait!

My wife got me tix yesterday for their show in C'bus in May which also happens to fall on my birthday!  :beer:  I saw them at Forecastle last year so I'm totally looking forward to seeing them again!  I'm in agreement with you about them being my favorite newer band of late.   :thumbsup:

easy way

This live session is up for free download. Enjoy! This version of APO is killer... Gonna miss Peyton on the drums (and as a songwriter), but really looking forward to the new record!  :beer:

http://www.hearya.com/2010/08/03/futurebirds-live-session-75/
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

iLikeBeer

Hey wolof,

How long was their set when you saw them in Charlotte?

wolof7

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Apr 03, 2013, 08:57 PM
Hey wolof,

How long was their set when you saw them in Charlotte?

I actually did not keep track and it was really tough to tell bc I was so into it. I would say they played 4 new songs, 3 covers Wild Heart included and probably another 7-8 songs. Ski Chalet had some mini (song or cover) in the mid-section and was a very extended SC which is likely a staple of their set.

I would say it was between 1hr and 20 and an 1hr 40

I assume the upcoming shows may be a little heavier on the new album.

zanjam

So stoked they are on the lineup for High Sierra this year.  Woot!   :cheesy:
anything + reverb always = better

Ruckus

Grabbed tix for their show at Ortlieb's Lounge in Philly on 5/22.  Have any of you Philly peeps been there before?  I'd never heard of it before but the idea of a venue I'd never been to as well as avoiding the awful DC Futurebirds scene made it an easy choice.  Plus the ticket was only 10 bucks, half the price of a DC ticket.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

kotchishm

Record apparently has leaked.  I can't find it though
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Fully

They are going to be in Nashville Saturday. I'm looking forward to going to this one.

justbcuzido

Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

spence

I was at the Visulite concert as well.  They were very good and would definitely recommend checking them out.

Listening to the stream of the new album now, sounds really good.

johnnYYac

I'm only half listening to the stream at work but like what I'm hearing... a lot!  Can't wait for the vinyl to arrive!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

wolof7

Couldn't resist holding off til the wax comes in...yea it's a great album, need more time with it to list favs... I knew Virginia Slims, Keith and Donna and Death Awaits well....def heard Tanlines and Serial Bowls at the Visualite....Impressed with banjo beards (dont know his name) tracks on this album Strangers is beautiful. Just a solid album

Spence did you recognize the song they teased during Ski Chalet @ the Visualite show? It was short but monstrous

Ruckus

Quote from: wolof7 on Apr 09, 2013, 08:03 PM
Couldn't resist holding off til the wax comes in...yea it's a great album, need more time with it to list favs... I knew Virginia Slims, Keith and Donna and Death Awaits well....def heard Tanlines and Serial Bowls at the Visualite....Impressed with banjo beards (dont know his name) tracks on this album Strangers is beautiful. Just a solid album

Spence did you recognize the song they teased during Ski Chalet @ the Visualite show? It was short but monstrous
Tom Johnson I think
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 08, 2013, 07:44 PM
Grabbed tix for their show at Ortlieb's Lounge in Philly on 5/22.  Have any of you Philly peeps been there before?  I'd never heard of it before but the idea of a venue I'd never been to as well as avoiding the awful DC Futurebirds scene made it an easy choice.  Plus the ticket was only 10 bucks, half the price of a DC ticket.

We got miracled 2 tix for Saturday night Album release party

http://mercylounge.com/calendar/venue/mercy/2013/04/13/futurebirds-baba-yaga-album-release-party/
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Fully

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Apr 09, 2013, 09:31 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 08, 2013, 07:44 PM

We got miracled 2 tix for Saturday night Album release party

http://mercylounge.com/calendar/venue/mercy/2013/04/13/futurebirds-baba-yaga-album-release-party/

Wait! You mean we will actually be at the same show? Watch out. If a strange woman comes up and seems like she's stalking you, I actually don't know who that will be, but I'm going to look for you recluse. I had forgot that I'm taking my mom out for her birthday that night, so I may just have a 71 yo with me although I doubt she'll really want to go or stay up that late. It depends on how much she drinks at dinner  :rolleyes:

BH

I can't friggin believe these guys were just in St. Louis and I somehow overlooked it.   Dangittt!!!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.