Let It Roll.... A George Harrison Thread

Started by woodnymph, May 21, 2011, 12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

George on the cover of the new MOJO (November) + free CD: George Covered ft someone called Yim Yames?!  ;)

http://cover.mojo4music.com/Item.aspx?pageNo=1829&year=2011
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

johnnYYac

Premier on HBO Oct. 5 (Part 1) and Oct. 6 (Part 2).  DVR is primed.  The promo on just before Boardwalk Empire was great.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

woodnymph

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 27, 2011, 11:16 PM
Premier on HBO Oct. 5 (Part 1) and Oct. 6 (Part 2).  DVR is primed.  The promo on just before Boardwalk Empire was great.

I don't has HBOs  :(  But I'll see it soon enough!!  :D

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

woodnymph

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Sep 27, 2011, 11:31 PM
Billy Preston - That's The Way God Planned It        for u Woody

Oh I LOVE this version!!!  He gets so into it!!  That Concert for Bangladesh I'll tell ya.................... ....

headhunter

Loved the 2 night HBO special on George. Some great footage and terrific interviews.
For one who was sometimes known as the quiet Beatle, he was truly one of the world's great seekers.

Thought of you Woody, hoping you were able to watch.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

Quote from: headhunter on Oct 07, 2011, 10:29 AM
Loved the 2 night HBO special on George. Some great footage and terrific interviews.
For one who was sometimes known as the quiet Beatle, he was truly one of the world's great seekers.

Well worth the price of HBO this month, along with Boardwalk Empire and Bored to Death.  Amazing footage, great stories, such spirituality.  And I only saw 2 segments out of context; it really sucks you in.  It sits on my DVR awaiting the full viewing.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

the_wizzard

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 07, 2011, 01:37 PM
Quote from: headhunter on Oct 07, 2011, 10:29 AM

Well worth the price of HBO this month, along with Boardwalk Empire and Bored to Death.  Amazing footage, great stories, such spirituality.  And I only saw 2 segments out of context; it really sucks you in.  It sits on my DVR awaiting the full viewing.

Going to go see this in one hour on the big screen here in Portland.  Can't wait!  Grateful for the NW Reel Music Film Fest.  We get Louisiana Fairytale on Tuesday night  :-*

woodnymph

Aaaahhhhh all in due time I'll be able to seeeeee thissssssss :-D   Glad you guys got to catch it though!!  Thanks for thinkin of me, I'll letcha know when I catch it!!   :D

<3 George  :-*

woodnymph

Whoooooa big screen!!  That's the way to go!!!

woodnymph

the_wizzard

Quote from: woodnymph on Oct 07, 2011, 09:12 PM
It was really amazing.  I guess the exact copy that the NW Film School showed last night went from Martin>Roger Ebert>Gus Van Sant>to our showing.

So many laughs, a few tears.  Olivia Harrison describing his passing was powerful.  It will stick with me forever. 

woodnymph

Quote from: the_wizzard on Oct 08, 2011, 11:09 AM
It was really amazing.  I guess the exact copy that the NW Film School showed last night went from Martin>Roger Ebert>Gus Van Sant>to our showing.

So many laughs, a few tears.  Olivia Harrison describing his passing was powerful.  It will stick with me forever.

Oh my GOD!!  How amazing & beautiful!!!   Wish there were an Asheville film fest of such ranking!!!!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:   Can't wait to see it though, hopefully soon!!

the_wizzard

Quote from: woodnymph on Oct 09, 2011, 12:42 AM
Quote from: the_wizzard on Oct 08, 2011, 11:09 AM

Oh my GOD!!  How amazing & beautiful!!!   Wish there were an Asheville film fest of such ranking!!!!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:   Can't wait to see it though, hopefully soon!!

It is being released on dvd 10/10 in the UK.  No release date in the US yet, which makes me a little antsy to buy the UK edition.  I bet that they will release it here in time for the holidays.

woodnymph

Apeskies

Quote from: Im The Dude on May 22, 2011, 07:29 PM
All Things Must Pass is one of my favorite albums of all time.

I've been completely obsessed lately. I never appreciated George as much as I do now...what the hell took me so long? Yim does such a beautiful job covering his songs.

woodnymph

Pretty beautiful, both versions... a good cover by Ben Bridwell (Band of Horses)

George Harrison - "Your Love Is Forever"

YOUR LOVE IS FOREVER by George Harrison, cover Ben Bridwell, photos Linda Anne Brown

Found that on the Iron & Wine message board  :)

woodnymph

Shug

For how much I love the Beatles and George, its surprising that I'd never watched The Concert For Bangladesh before.  First time this weekend and I was really surprised how tight the band was.  A lot of times these all-star concerts are underrehearsed and sloppily performed.  I suppose its a testament to how skilled these musicians were that this concert did not sound that way, especially given how out of it Clapton reportedly was (according to his own bio as well as Pattie Boyd's bio).  Gotta give props to Klaus Voorman on bass and Jim Keltner and Ringo on drums for keeping it tight.  Wonderful playing by the horn section and the backing vocals, too. Billy Preston really fires up the band when he gets out front to do a little get-down boogie dance and then returns to the organ and totally nails That's The Way God Planned It, what a talent he was.  I'm not a huge fan of Leon Russell's vocals, but his turn was solid as well and I can see why so many hold him in such high regard. 
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"