Let It Roll.... A George Harrison Thread

Started by woodnymph, May 21, 2011, 12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdb810

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 07, 2011, 01:37 PM
Quote from: headhunter on Oct 07, 2011, 10:29 AM
Loved the 2 night HBO special on George. Some great footage and terrific interviews.
For one who was sometimes known as the quiet Beatle, he was truly one of the world's great seekers.

Thought of you Woody, hoping you were able to watch.
Well worth the price of HBO this month, along with Boardwalk Empire and Bored to Death.  Amazing footage, great stories, such spirituality.  And I only saw 2 segments out of context; it really sucks you in.  It sits on my DVR awaiting the full viewing.
OH man, we watched Part 1 of this last night.  Can't wait to get home to watch Part 2 tonight, but will be sad when it ends.  I feel like it's a part of history, a lot  of which I was not familiar with - riveting!
.....Back at the Model Home

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

bartel

HBO special was fantastic... my fav beatle and fav person of all time.

woodnymph

woodnymph

Working backwards from my last post....... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GEORGE!!!!

He'd be 69 today.

George Harrison-Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)

EasyRyder

i was listening to all things must pass (may be my all-time favorite album right now) on a jog today in some beautiful weather, and it really filled me with thought and joy. I also watched the second half of the Scorsese doc yesterday too, such a great film and dedication.

I didn't know he died today, but this coincidence makes me happy to have his music but sad that he's gone. thanks for the tribute, Woody  :)
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

johnnYYac

Actually, Easy, today is his birthday.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

EasyRyder

ha! oops, happy day then, happy day! i got confused between the two posts up above, thanks for bringing the light back Mr. Yac  :thumbsup:
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

woodnymph

Hehe  ;D  Great pic JY!!  Easy, you must've tapped into the "George Stream" that day, jogging to All Things Must Pass on the beautiful day!!  The George stream has been ridiculous for me lately.... crazy coincidences and such... love it!   I've been dabbling through his autobiography that a friend from work lent me, and I just found an old Rolling Stone from 2002 dedicated to him with his face on the cover (and no other words, etc, just purely George's face)  Haven't gotten to read it again yet.  And a girlfriend from Pitt came and visited me down here and found me a copy of George's greatest hits on vinyl-- an awesome listen!! Need more George vinyl!  Love for George!!!  :-*

woodnymph

Just want to swing by and praise my job-- they play some of the best tunes at that place sometimes!!!  Today's special gem was

Stuck inside a cloud - George Harrison

When the good tunes are playin', I go hang out in the Incense aisle, where the speakers are all at, and pretend to straighten the shelves..... and today nobody even interrupted me through the WHOLE SONG!!   :D :D  F'n awesome job.

Shug

This morning I woke up to Clapton's take on Beware Of Darkness from the Concert For George.  Wonderful!  Also fantastic from that show is Paul's version of All Things Must Pass, I love to hear Paul pay tribute to the greatness of George's songwriting and his spirit in that way, it tears me up to hear it. I'm just feeling glad that there is enough love for George and his music on this board to keep this thread going, right on to you all!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

woodnymph

Yeah Shug!!  Tons of George love, it IS a beautiful thing!  :-D  And it is one of the most touching things to hear everyone's tribute on the Concert for George, definitely tearjerking.....

George Harrison - Crackerbox Palace

woodnymph

11 years, we'll always love you George  :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Jim channeled him so perfectly well, not much more can be said. Found the most beautiful picture ever, and hope to have it printed, someday, as a poster  :kiss:

Another George song that gets me all choked uppp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al5lN3vtuHE#ws

headhunter

Jen, always, i love your taste in music, how you celebrate life, and your appreciation of beauty and spirituality. 

All things must pass but its what you do with the ride.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

woodnymph

Quote from: headhunter on Nov 29, 2012, 09:20 PM
Jen, always, i love your taste in music, how you celebrate life, and your appreciation of beauty and spirituality. 

All things must pass but its what you do with the ride.

Jeff! My soul brother, I know we are very much on the same plane. I am blessed to have found this miraculous group of people-- it was and still is just what I've needed in my life, on so many levels. To uplift my heart, brighten my spirit.... crack me up... and melt my face!!!  I only wish I could reach out to everyone and see everyone so much more (more than once a year, and much, much more than letting a year go by without!)  Thanks so much for all the love & light--- may it circle around right back to you!!!  Miss you & Beth and truly truly hope to see you very soon!!

Penny Lane

This is a great read if you ever wanna know about the Patti Boyd-George Harrison-Eric Clapton love triangle--lots of insight into their marriages, the music, and meditation, too..

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

woodnymph

There we go! Even the part about it in the George documentary (Material World) I found contradicting, a bit..... would love the full-on, clear version of the tale-- thanks for sharing!!

Fully

Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 01, 2012, 11:56 PM
This is a great read if you ever wanna know about the Patti Boyd-George Harrison-Eric Clapton love triangle--lots of insight into their marriages, the music, and meditation, too..

I've read that. It was interesting definitely,  but it bothered me how Boyd wouldn't take any responsibility for the part she played in the demise of her marriage to George. She only wanted to blame him. Either she doesn't have enough self-awareness to realize that she had something to do with it as well, or she is someone who can't admit her faults.

woodnymph

Quote from: Fully on Dec 02, 2012, 07:05 AM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 01, 2012, 11:56 PM

I've read that. It was interesting definitely,  but it bothered me how Boyd wouldn't take any responsibility for the part she played in the demise of her marriage to George. She only wanted to blame him. Either she doesn't have enough self-awareness to realize that she had something to do with it as well, or she is someone who can't admit her faults.

Oy..... would still like to check it out, seems interesting. But that's lame of her to be the finger-pointer.