Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young

Started by woodnymph, May 29, 2011, 01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodnymph

Aaaahhh... so again I did a CSNY search, and... though unfortunately could not locate an official thread, managed to uncover this amazing indescribable footage posted back in '08

CSN&Y-Down By The River

And one of my favorite songs..... one of my favorite versions....  the intro banter is awe some (ending banter also pretty classic)

Crosby Nash BBC - Lee Shore (4 of 5)

And two sweet versions of Guinnevere....

Crosby Nash BBC - Guinnevere (2 of 5)

Guinnevere - Crosby, Stills & Nash

Just really aching for a place to hang out when in CSNY mode... or CN mode.. or SY mode... or Y mode.....  any variations are game!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

headhunter

I hear ya Woody.  CSNY and all the variations never grow old.

CSN album with Cathedral is one of my all time favorites of the late 70's.
The early CSN (csny) stuff are magical and need no introduction.

Crosby-Nash combo's are wonderful.  The two of them live continue to special.

GN's solo effort Songs For Beginners and DC's If I Could Only Remember My Name are really special albums too.

Can't even begin to mention NY as he is so special as to warrant his own thread.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

woodnymph

Quote from: headhunter on May 29, 2011, 09:27 AM
I hear ya Woody.  CSNY and all the variations never grow old.

CSN album with Cathedral is one of my all time favorites of the late 70's.
The early CSN (csny) stuff are magical and need no introduction.

Crosby-Nash combo's are wonderful.  The two of them live continue to special.

GN's solo effort Songs For Beginners and DC's If I Could Only Remember My Name are really special albums too.

Can't even begin to mention NY as he is so special as to warrant his own thread.

My mom just saw Crosby & Nash in Pitt a few weeks ago, and she managed to call me throughout the show, and it sounded like they did a stunning Cathedral!!

I do need to hear more Crosby solo and Nash solo, thanks for the recommends! And Neil.... oh Neil.....  :)

rincon

Wow. That Down By The River version is priceless. Too bad in those days they tended to focus on faces during guitar solos, and odd angles. I would love to see that performance recorded with today's technique, which means more documentation of performance than trying to make an arty film.

woodnymph

woodnymph

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Aug 29, 2011, 02:55 PM
Quote from: woodnymph on Aug 29, 2011, 09:56 AM
David Crosby - is it really monday

:thumbsup:
David Crosby - Cowboy Movie
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
YOU DON'T KNOW, SHE MIGHT BE THE LAW YEAH**  (Hhahahahah I knew that....) Solid album, love how the entire Grateful Dead minus Bobby is featured on it (nothing against Bobby, just glad to hear everyone else jam out with David!!), and two musicians from Santana, f'n JONI MITCHELL!!!!!! And Grace Slick and Paul Kantner.......... f'n a.

headhunter

The new release of Crosby-Nash Another Stormy Evening ( from a famous 1971 live show) is a pretty awesome album (great sound quality too) and a great capture of live csn, csny, crosby solo and nash solo stuff.  Highly recommended (especially on vinyl -no surprise).
was some shakin' and some record playin'

woodnymph

Quote from: headhunter on Aug 29, 2011, 08:28 PM
The new release of Crosby-Nash Another Stormy Evening ( from a famous 1971 live show) is a pretty awesome album (great sound quality too) and a great capture of live csn, csny, crosby solo and nash solo stuff.  Highly recommended (especially on vinyl -no surprise).

Ohhh my...... this goes straight to the top of the list!  Thanks for another solid recommend, good sir!!  Can't wait to hear the whole thing, have the samples on Amazon playing as I type!!!   :D

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: woodnymph on Aug 29, 2011, 06:48 PM

YOU DON'T KNOW, SHE MIGHT BE THE LAW YEAH**  (Hhahahahah I knew that....) Solid album, love how the entire Grateful Dead minus Bobby is featured on it (nothing against Bobby, just glad to hear everyone else jam out with David!!), and two musicians from Santana, f'n JONI MITCHELL!!!!!! And Grace Slick and Paul Kantner.......... f'n a.

I was recommended this album by some guy we were partying with before a CSNY show at Star Lake. We were hanging out with these older heads who had wine and even brought they're fancy wine glasses tailgating, great times! Bought the re-release of this shortly after on CD and bought it on vinyl earlier this year at Jerry's (sounds way better on vinyl).
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

woodnymph

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Aug 30, 2011, 12:13 AM
Quote from: woodnymph on Aug 29, 2011, 06:48 PM

I was recommended this album by some guy we were partying with before a CSNY show at Star Lake. We were hanging out with these older heads who had wine and even brought they're fancy wine glasses tailgating, great times! Bought the re-release of this shortly after on CD and bought it on vinyl earlier this year at Jerry's (sounds way better on vinyl).

Holy crap man, I was just at Jerry's my last visit back home, like 2 weeks ago!  And I saw it!!!  Shoulda grabbed it on vinyl too..... but I opted for "4 Way Street" (still a good pick, but I'll be sure to be picking up vinyl IICORMN soon!  (there's an acronym for ya!)

Sounds like you partied with some of the best at Starlake that night!!!  Wish I'da made it to that show!!  D'you have any of the Perro Sessions??  Friggin awesome... you can hear everyone talking, and Garcia plays a couple versions of "Loser."  Hilarious banter..... let me know if you'd like them, I don't know if they're official releases or anything; I could send 'em your way!  4 discs it is!!  (**which I can condense to one or two data discs)

***The Perro Sessions were recorded in 1971 during the making of If I Could Only Remember My Name.... there's like 8 versions of Mountain Song--that song blows me away... you can hear Grace Slick in the background throwing in just a few soft but powerful vocals.... and to hear Jerry's guitar and vocals along with Crosby.... I mean it's like stepping into this deluxe time machine or something........ and being in the mountains down here it just hits extra hard... ("Gonna make the mountains be my hoooome......")

Let me know if ya'd like a copy!

woodnymph

woodnymph

woodnymph

woodnymph

woodnymph

Crosby & Nash Live Page 43