2011 Circuital Tour Posters

Started by walterfredo, Jun 16, 2011, 11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahg33ta

Quote from: rusty95 on Jun 21, 2011, 07:35 PM
Can someone tell me if the Z t5 bramer poster was screenprint?  or the previous Chicago one he did?.  Looking at pictures neither looks to be screen printed.  Maybe the no screen print has something to do with the artist.

I for one thought the card stock was of good quality.  Jeez, could hardly roll that thing up.  The design is amazing ImO.  Has a great looking eye, (he has done eye art in the past), the heavenly rainbow, (as Jim put it), great color, and graphics all around.

As far as LE, Jason's other two he did for the band were very limited.  I picked mine up early, as soon as I got there and they had a decent stack,  went to get a drink right before encore and there were only a handful that I could see, they even had them rolled and banded.  As I was leaving the show I didn't see any, not even the ones hanging on display.

Maybe there were some still there but if so, I didn't see them. 

I prefer the screen print posters as they have more of a retro art feel to them.  OTOH, I am loving the color and graphics of this one, that would be hard to accomplish with a screen print.

Neither were screenprints= that's not Brammer's thing.  Each was a lithograph of an original piece of art.

Tieoptional

Quote from: rusty95 on Jun 21, 2011, 07:35 PM

I prefer the screen print posters as they have more of a retro art feel to them. 

I think that's what I also like about the screen prints as opposed to the more standard lithograph print offered in Chicago. It's the "hand-made" quality of the screen prints that has made MMJ posters special in the past, IMO.
The river's long... it is cold. It chills the body but not the soul.

status_serigraph

Quote from: JDUB on Jun 19, 2011, 05:37 PM
Can anyone speak to the quality of the Milwaukee poster? I missed out on buying one, but from afar it appeared that it was a traditional paper poster rather than the heavy duty poster that we are used to seeing. I was also bummed that they didn't have the "bracelet system" in place this tour. The merch guy had no idea what that even was.

The Milwaukee poster is screen printed on 100# Cougar Natural cover stock paper. 3-color screen print with one of those being metallic gold ink. i think its as nice a screenprint as you'll find out there  ;)
[url="http://www.statusserigraph.com"]http://www.statusserigraph.com[/url]
[url="http://www.myspace.com/status_serigraph"]http://www.myspace.com/status_serigraph[/url]

faz09

Quote from: e_wind on Jun 19, 2011, 12:04 PM

i have way more posters than i could ever find places to hang up around here, its a completist/collectors thing. I agree the quality of the poster was whack. also, they didn't sell out of them so i have a feeling there is no real run amount that matters

The posters did sell out at the Chicago show...I know since I got the last one.  This was about 15 mins before MMJ arrived on stage.  After the show I did not see any posters on display on the merch tables.

1eyed_jack

Quote from: faz09 on Jun 22, 2011, 10:34 AM
Quote from: e_wind on Jun 19, 2011, 12:04 PM

i have way more posters than i could ever find places to hang up around here, its a completist/collectors thing. I agree the quality of the poster was whack. also, they didn't sell out of them so i have a feeling there is no real run amount that matters

The posters did sell out at the Chicago show...I know since I got the last one.  This was about 15 mins before MMJ arrived on stage.  After the show I did not see any posters on display on the merch tables.

yep, absolutely right. I ran to the bathroom about 15 minutes before the show and when i passed the merch table they were all gone. they did for sure sell out.

e_wind

i thought i saw them when i was walking out, but if you got the last one i can't argue that knowledge. knowing brammer doesn't screen print makes me lass anxious about the quality. i guess its because he uses so much color and detail? its a great looking poster either way, i just love the feeling of screen printed posters
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Tieoptional

Yeah, that kind of photo realistic like art would not not work as a screen-print. I don't have any real issue with Brammer's work. It just doesn't grab me like the more organic art on posters past.

Check out "all" of MMJ's past concert posters here:

http://www.gigposters.com/bandposters/4794/1_My_Morning_Jacket.html

A couple of favorites in my MMJ collection:

[All 3 of the above are by Ryan Nole.]

[Monsters of Folk, actually, from the Chicago Auditorium show, by Jay Ryan.]

[Was lucky to be able to snag one of these beauts!]

1eyed_jack

see, it's all opinion, but i didn't care for the chicago theatre 08 ones. The monsters of folk one is cool, but the rest didn't stand out to me the way the Auditorium Theater one did

Tieoptional

Quote from: 1eyed_jack on Jun 22, 2011, 02:58 PM
see, it's all opinion

I agree 100%. What's important to me is (1) whether the image grabs me and (2) the quality of the execution (printing and paper quality).

The images I like, others might not, and so on.

That's what makes the world such an interesting place.

Reverend ToneZone

Here's my stand out favorties, in order, from my collection . . .

None of this is physical . . . at least not to me.

e_wind

Those first two are my two favorite MMJ posters ever, that I doubt I'll ever get cause they're expensive
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

mahg33ta

man did this thread get YacAttacked.   I will start a new thread about favorite posters as it's something I'd love talking all day about.   re: 2011 tour posters, the Milwaukee poster is up for sale at Status Serigraph if anyone wants one. 

Reverend ToneZone

Quote from: e_wind on Jun 22, 2011, 04:32 PM
Those first two are my two favorite MMJ posters ever, that I doubt I'll ever get cause they're expensive

I LOVE those 2, have them framed up nicely in my guest bedroom. 

Best of luck pal!  Just keep your eye out and I'm sure you'll be able to snag them eventually.  Luckily I attended both shows.  Although the owl poster wasn't actually for sale at the venue I don't think . . .

ryno11111

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jun 22, 2011, 04:42 PM
man did this thread get YacAttacked.   I will start a new thread about favorite posters as it's something I'd love talking all day about.   re: 2011 tour posters, the Milwaukee poster is up for sale at Status Serigraph if anyone wants one.

Good idea on the favorite posters thread.  I also think it would be fun to compare with fellow Jacketeer's collections.... perhaps name a King or Queen of MMJ poster addiction.  I have way more posters than wall space.  I hope I am  not the only one with this problem. 

Reverend ToneZone

Quote from: ryno11111 on Jun 22, 2011, 05:38 PM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Jun 22, 2011, 04:42 PM

Good idea on the favorite posters thread.  I also think it would be fun to compare with fellow Jacketeer's collections.... perhaps name a King or Queen of MMJ poster addiction.  I have way more posters than wall space.  I hope I am  not the only one with this problem.

Good idea indeed!  My bad for perpetuating the delinquency of this thread.

And no ryno, you're not the only one with this problem.  I think if I had 10 house I still wouldn't have enough wall space for my addiction, haha.  I love art and just can't stop collecting!

bicyclejoe

elzar

bluesky

subinai

subinai

i was only going to buy posters for shows i went to but this poster might change that.