RIP Ryan Dunn

Started by TheBigChicken, Jun 21, 2011, 09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Quote from: buaawwww on Jun 22, 2011, 08:53 PM
Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Jun 22, 2011, 07:51 PM
This selfish act of gettting totally s**tfaced and taking out an ex-SEAL and yourself--not to mention endangering everyone else on the road kind of overshadows however polite this guy may have been.  No excuse for this.

Amen.

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

of all the jackass dudes I'm kinda surprised he was the first to go.  he always seemed to be one of the more intelligent of the dudes, definitely a funny guy.  seemed very undouchebag like.  when I first heard a dude from jackass died, I instantly asked "overdose?" thinking it was Steve-o.  Dunn was one of the shining lights of that show for sure.  can't say news like this is unexpected tho.  they try to kill themselves all the time. 

br00ke

Quote from: buaawwww on Jun 21, 2011, 05:01 PM

@br00ke - forgive me for not realizing the true importance of this discussion.  It really was a waste of a good beard.

the issues people .. we've got to focus on the issues!!! if this were twitter, this is where i'd write #ComedicRelief? but for real though .. dude was hot and now he's not.

el chode .. your lawyerliness (awful made up word right there) is showing!! i believe you could sell anyone on anything, your talk is so convincing and rational.

el_chode

Quote from: br00ke on Jun 22, 2011, 10:06 PM

@br00ke - forgive me for not realizing the true importance of this discussion.  It really was a waste of a good beard.

the issues people .. we've got to focus on the issues!!! if this were twitter, this is where i'd write #ComedicRelief? but for real though .. dude was hot and now he's not.

el chode .. your lawyerliness (awful made up word right there) is showing!! i believe you could sell anyone on anything, your talk is so convincing and rational.

Thanks, I tried to temper myself if only because I almost got in a debate with a vehicular homicide prosecutor over this topic the other day. But then I realized that if I want to get hired, I might want to just bite my tongue and stick to my research project and save the pontification for the MMJ forums if the need ever arose.

But back to the topic at hand - I'm sort of surprised that the beard didn't absorb any of the impact.
I'm surrounded by assholes

kydiddle

Quote from: br00ke on Jun 22, 2011, 10:06 PM

Seriously. He could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves.
Cow temperature.

MarkW

Quote from: el_chode on Jun 22, 2011, 10:53 PM
But back to the topic at hand - I'm sort of surprised that the beard didn't absorb any of the impact.

I don't know - looks like it did a hell of a job to me.  Could've been much worse without a beard.

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mike

Quote from: el_chode on Jun 22, 2011, 08:32 PM
Anger towards those who have harmed you directly? Understandable.

Self-righteous rampage because of a perceived moral high ground? Not at all.

I'd bet money that anyone in this thread who drank something at some point of their life got behind the wheel of a car when they likely should not have, most likely without even realizing it. 99% of hte time there's no harm.

Does it justify drinking and driving? Hardly. But it does mean that we can skip the holier-than-thou approach to the situation and realize that choosing to drink before driving is just as dangerous as choosing to drive while tired, on the phone, with unruly children, or any other of the numerous distractions that pose a threat to our daily commute, and that we're all guilty of dangerous behaviors.

Except me of course. I'm an excellent driver. Everyone else on the road sucks, especially Ruckus (pre-empting any possible retaliation for my inflammatory facebook rants).

What a load of crap. This was a man with 23 driving citations, 10 of those for speeding and reckless driving, 3 for driving with suspended license and 9 out of 10 of those with a guilty plea. Not to mention the previous DUI. To compare that and this particular case of driving intoxicated at a speed of 130+ mph with driving while tired or having unruly kids in the car is beyond silly. I watched my sister at 19 years old killed due to a drunk driver so spare me the self serving bs.

BH

Quote from: mike on Jun 23, 2011, 02:42 PM

I'd bet money that anyone in this thread who drank something at some point of their life got behind the wheel of a car when they likely should not have, most likely without even realizing it. 99% of hte time there's no harm.

Does it justify drinking and driving? Hardly. But it does mean that we can skip the holier-than-thou approach to the situation and realize that choosing to drink before driving is just as dangerous as choosing to drive while tired, on the phone, with unruly children, or any other of the numerous distractions that pose a threat to our daily commute, and that we're all guilty of dangerous behaviors.

Except me of course. I'm an excellent driver. Everyone else on the road sucks, especially Ruckus (pre-empting any possible retaliation for my inflammatory facebook rants).

What a load of crap. This was a man with 23 driving citations, 10 of those for speeding and reckless driving, 3 for driving with suspended license and 9 out of 10 of those with a guilty plea. Not to mention the previous DUI. To compare that and this particular case of driving intoxicated at a speed of 130+ mph with driving while tired or having unruly kids in the car is beyond silly. I watched my sister at 19 years old killed due to a drunk driver so spare me the self serving bs.

That is awful.  So sorry for your loss.  My friends parents were both killed by a dump truck, when the driver reached down in the footwell to grab a bag of fucking skittles.   I think that's all that was being pointed out.   Drive like you have other peoples lives in your hands.   Because you do.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ALady

Please give me a moment to climb up on my moral high ground...

If you have the money to buy a Porsche, you have the money to call a cab.

It's a senseless death and that's what saddens and, yes, angers me.  I'm heartbroken for his family and for his passenger's new bride (well, widow).

I don't think it's moralizing to say "damn, that's a real shame."
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires