Come on Irene

Started by Ruckus, Aug 25, 2011, 09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kydiddle

It's gross here today. Talk about flash flood. Part of my library flooded, so no work for me there tomorrow. Not sure how the museum I work at fared since we left at 2:00. Gah! There is a creek that runs through Hershey and Hersheypark. Sadly, there is a zoo that's part of the park and the bison had to be euthanized when their area flooded and they couldn't get them out. Not sure why they didn't move them, oh, yesterday when all the flash flood warnings were issued? There's a really disturbing picture someone took of these poor bison standing in muddy water, almost completely submerged. No personal damage yet, just...watching everything get flooded is disgusting. And it's still raining....

Cow temperature.

woodnymph

Goll LEE!!!  Pittsburgh folks, what is happening up there right now???  Is it raining that bad???
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

FiddleCastro

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 07, 2011, 08:25 PM
Quote from: FiddleCastro on Sep 06, 2011, 02:03 PM

My town finally cleaned up this thing in my front yard today!
Good thing!  That is one ugly birdhouse!

Just kidding.  Glad to see and hear of folks slowly getting back to normal.  Did you get power back, Rich?  Anything good in the mail lately?

Yes, Indeed! Thank you! I haven't had a chance to watch it fully!
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Ghosts_on_TV

The levee system in Wilkes-Barre is under "extreme stress" right now. If they fail, it will end up worse than the Agnes flood of 1972, which at the time was considered the worst natural disaster in the country. The river crested at like 42.6 or something, a record high, sometime last night.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ghosts_on_TV

It's not going to hold.

tdb810

oh man Ghosts.....this is scary stuff... be safe!
.....Back at the Model Home

Ghosts_on_TV

I was trying to post a pic, but I'm at work on my phone and its a pain in the ass. Go on Facebook and search wbre news and check out their wall if you want to see pictures of what's going down in the WB.

FiddleCastro

Wow, those pictures are crazy. Stay safe Ghosts.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Ghosts_on_TV

Thanks guys. My house isn't in the flood zone, but many of my family and friends homes and businesses are in danger if these levees dont hold. All of that on top of the fact that there are some towns already pretty much completely under water. It's wild!

lil sis

"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

Ghosts_on_TV

So they held up. I really don't think anyone thought they would. Granted, towns not protected by the levees are pretty much fucked, it really could've been much worse.