ACL Live Stream?

Started by firesofcanning, Aug 31, 2011, 01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buster douglas

Mr. Yac Thanks for replying it to me and not calling me a fucking idiot!  Ok peace everyone enjoy the webcast!!

capt. scotty

Just found out about this, badass!  :bath:

Why dont they post this stuff on the site's homepage?!!

Also, I gots no probs with teachers talking about their musical interests, or personal interests/hobbies. IMO it helps build a rapport and student-teacher relationship. 2 of my 3 favorite teachers in high school did this. 1 was a Lenny Kravitz fan and another a Phish fan and each told multiple stories about various experiences with their music, concerts, road trips, etc. The latter was even more fitting since the classes he tought were Psych and Sociology. Since we had similar music interests, I even burned him some bands he had never listened. Im all on board with this aspect of teaching.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: buster douglas on Sep 16, 2011, 08:28 PM
Mr. Yac Thanks for replying it to me and not calling me a fucking idiot!  Ok peace everyone enjoy the webcast!!

don't be such a little bitch.  you dis on yac it's like killing my mother.  don't fucking do it.  in fact, you dis on anybody other than ewind and I'm going to bust your face. 

johnnYYac

So... ::)

Less than 12 hours to showtime!  :D

First performance in over 3 weeks!

90 minute set...

Hard to imagine many/any surprises.

I'm thinking Lollapalooza minus a few.

Hope the weather cooperates.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

mahg33ta

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 17, 2011, 09:56 AM

90 minute set...

yup, that pretty much sums it up.

We are getting spoiled with this live streaming.   Great quality.   Looking forward to it!

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 16, 2011, 08:22 PM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Sep 16, 2011, 07:30 PM
Quote from: smhoffmann02 on Sep 16, 2011, 06:47 PM
Gaaaaa!  Just realized I won't be able to watch this since my company party is on the same night.  Damn.   :(  Dare I say I'd almost rather stay home?

it's being repeated Sun night 8:30 central

Hey, Fully!  That's the one you record.  I'll probably be on it, too.  Good luck!
That is the one I will record then. I've downloaded Stream Transport and I've practiced using it on a couple of youtube videos. It looks rather simple. Perhaps after I've recorded it, you can walk me through what I need to do to upload it to megavideo.

Also, I teach high school English and I also promote my favorite bands to my students. My AP English class is reading William Bowers article, "I Think I'm Going to Hell" for one of their nonfiction readings. The vocabulary is elevated enough that it is a challenging read for them. I think the kids respond to things that they see that their teachers love. However, I don't try to completely push it on them either. I've always got several kids that are true budding music lovers and sometimes my taste in good music will reach them when other things won't.  I wish I had ink in my printer at school this week. I would have downloaded your poster and put it up in my room as well.  :thumbsup:

br00ke

johnnYYac

That pic is awesome, Brooke!  The boys is havin' fun.  Bodes well for this evening.

(though, on second glance, it appears Bo's arm is on fire :-\)

I've been through nonstop troubleshootin' as my interweb has been on and off all day.  Finally got 'er fixed, I think (you're seein' this post, so...).

Also, to Fully et al, recording either tonight's live or tomorrow night's repeated stream might not be ideal, as both will suffer from signal consistency, lag, and pixelation issues.  Its still worth a try, and I will be working on it, if not tonight then Sunday.  The hi-res captures of Unstaged and Lollapalooza came from posted video made available later, not streamed but archived, so the picture was more pristine.  I guess we can't guarantee they'll make tonight's MMJ set available in full after Sunday, so best of luck with the capture, one and all.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I'm pumped.  it's the first webcast of the year where my show doesn't fall after it.  no spoiler alerts to worry about.  just pure rocking going down tonight.  sucks they are only giving them 90minutes.  kind of a cocktease.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

90 minute set...

so we're looking at like 20songs then you think?  looking at the lolla set length, it seems to leave room for a little spontaneity.  if they drop Out of my system, Golden, and I'm Amazed they could throw in a lowdown or something for sure.  or a phone went west.  the one negative thing my friend said to me at meadow brook was in reference to the one big holiday closer.  he's seen them about as many times as me and turned to me and said "do they always close with this?" and I said "yeah, pretty much", and he replied "oh, that's sorta gay.". one big holiday should be used early so the n00bs get that shit out of their system and the vets can end on something they consider premium grade jammage.  opposed to the predictable. 

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I tweeted jim, tom, and patrick telling them to bust out the deep cuts tonight.  and suggested Cobra and Lowdown.  hopefully they appease my wishes.  tweet them up before the show, who knows what could happen.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Sep 17, 2011, 02:32 PM

90 minute set...

so we're looking at like 20songs then you think?  looking at the lolla set length, it seems to leave room for a little spontaneity.  if they drop Out of my system, Golden, and I'm Amazed they could throw in a lowdown or something for sure.  or a phone went west.  the one negative thing my friend said to me at meadow brook was in reference to the one big holiday closer.  he's seen them about as many times as me and turned to me and said "do they always close with this?" and I said "yeah, pretty much", and he replied "oh, that's sorta gay.". one big holiday should be used early so the n00bs get that shit out of their system and the vets can end on something they consider premium grade jammage.  opposed to the predictable.
Remember, spring 2010 every show OPENED w/OBH after to "Eminence Front" intro.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 17, 2011, 03:13 PM
Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Sep 17, 2011, 02:32 PM

90 minute set...

Remember, spring 2010 every show OPENED w/OBH after to "Eminence Front" intro.

yeah but the last time we saw them in person was 08 , evil urges tour.  it closed a lot that tour.

smhoffmann02

Quote from: br00ke on Sep 17, 2011, 01:50 PM

Good luck with that, Fully.  Hopefully, if anyone is successful at downloading it, they'll post it for us hungry forum folks.  Still irked about missing this, but will catch the Sunday stream.

Hope the weather cooperates for the boys.  No matter - they'll give 110% like they always do. 
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

got my whiskey, got my herbs, got my munchies, now all we need is some MMJ.  surprised this thread isn't more bumpin yet.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

sweatboard

HELP!!!!  I can't get a picture, just that red thing spinning in the middle of the screen   >:(
There's Still Time.........

Clarkwork

Got the beer ready. Looking forward to the show.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: sweatboard on Sep 17, 2011, 08:08 PM
no help?

maybe update adobe or restart your computer real quick?  close any opened programs?