Tom Blankenship Relix article

Started by SaraBananaBear, Jul 27, 2010, 02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

QuoteTommy said:

It should definitely be interesting to see how everything comes full circle. They're songs like "Honest Man," "Just Because I Do," and "Butch Cassidy" that we haven't done in years. I don't even think we've ever done those live.

I don't understand what he's talking about in the last sentence.   What are the THOSE he is referring to - the 3 songs he just listed?   Because they've certainly played those songs live a ton.   I was wondering if he meant with the band in current incarnation - but a quick search of the archive shows those songs played occassionally in 06, 07, 08.... does he really not remember playing them?

I think he meant with the current lineup, or maybe he just meant Butch Cassidy because he says this on the very next question:

I don't think there is anything that I really want to stay away from, not at this point in my career. There were definitely songs like "Just Because I Do" and "Honest Man" that we have stayed away from for a while now. I'm not even sure why we've stayed away from them. It's probably because we played those two songs so much in the first year we started that we just stopped playing them once new material was produced. But I'm looking forward to bringing those songs back. Songs like "Nashville to Kentucky" we've done recently with Carl Broemel doing a sax solo and "They Ran" we did a couple times and had this big kind of loungy ending. So I'm excited to see how these songs work out. It would be boring to plainly watch us go straight through the album, so it's going to be interesting to see what happens to those songs once the five of us get together and improvise on them. It's going to make the songs different for ourselves and switch it up for everybody in the audience as well.

Jim's only played Butch Cassidy three times ever, and I saw one of them.  Nahna na nah na na.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.