Main Menu

Hank Williams

Started by Paulie_Walnuts, Oct 04, 2011, 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulie_Walnuts

This may be sacrilege to some but I don't own a Hank Williams album. Are there any aficionados on here? And if so, where should I start?
Paulie W

Ruckus

This is completely off topic and I'm not familiar with much Hank at all but there was this mess up that I'd thought you'd enjoy Paulie.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7059514/hank-williams-jr-apologizes-hitler-obama-analogy
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Jaimoe

Quote from: Paulie_Walnuts on Oct 04, 2011, 05:11 PM
This may be sacrilege to some but I don't own a Hank Williams album. Are there any aficionados on here? And if so, where should I start?

Go to the All Music Guide website and check out what they recommend. They are rarely wrong. I believe the site will steer you to compliations since singles ruled in the old days.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Paulie_Walnuts on Oct 04, 2011, 05:11 PM

Hank Sr., correct? Hunting down Hank. Jr. aficionados may actually be a sacrilege.

(follow Jaimoe's advice)
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

weeniebeenie

The only album I have of Hank Williams is 40 Greatest Hits. I love it.
How loud can silence get?

Randall

I will assume that you are referring to Hank Senior.  best song: Kawliga - it is blatantly racist but if you can overlook that as a given in the time it was written, it is cute and humorous.
Kaw-Liga - Hank Williams
I also dig Cold, Cold Heart; Hey, Good Lookin' and Jambalaya.  I bet all are on the Greatest hits.  I keep finding old Country and Western artists that resonate with me (some were probably played by my grandmother before I was able to remember).  someone should start a classic C&W thread to post links to favorite oldies...

subinai

im reading a hank williams biography right now. its pretty boring and reads like a textbook but i cant seem to put it down.