Preservation Hall @ Carnegie Hall w/MMJ, Allen Toussaint, Del McCoury, etc...

Started by NoVa_NoLa, Nov 29, 2011, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

I'm officially out for the show but I'd love to meet up before!

I'm gonna head over to the Brooklyn Bowl afterwards for this NOLA show (Stooges Brass Band and some others) if anyone else wants to see a show but didn't get a ticket!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

subinai

just read on the bowery presents page for this show that ed helms is going to be a guest. pretty random/awesome!

ericm

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 02, 2012, 10:15 PM
I'm officially out for the show but I'd love to meet up before!

I'm gonna head over to the Brooklyn Bowl afterwards for this NOLA show (Stooges Brass Band and some others) if anyone else wants to see a show but didn't get a ticket!

Just name the meetup place and time, and I'll see you there.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

tdb810

Quote from: bluesky on Jan 02, 2012, 09:47 PM
Quote from: tdb810 on Dec 22, 2011, 10:21 AM
Quote from: bluesky on Dec 22, 2011, 10:08 AM
I almost forgot about this show, not sure how that is possibly  ??? Yippy I am first on the list!!! Looking forward to 2012 :) should we all meet up for a drink before the show?
Quote from: tdb810 on Dec 07, 2011, 03:46 PM
Quote from: goldbondking on Dec 06, 2011, 03:40 PM
I'm going. Is this the official roll call thread?  :)  And I might have two extras in the center balcony if anybody is looking for that section (I know it's not sold out or anything).
I Believe it is the official ROLL CALL Thread:

1)bluesky
2)br00ke
3)pennylane
4)tdb810
5)8bobbyb
6)fiddle + 1
7)subinai
8)tsarge
9)tbear
10)B
11)goldbondking

OF course we should meet up for a drink!   ;D

Where we gonna meet up at Trish? midtown  :P
midtown for sure.  bob and i may do dinner first as well, if we can get into the city early enough -- figuring out sitter and stuff.  SO excited to see you ! We will touch base about where to meet up - I really have no clue about the bars in the area, so if anyone has any ideas (ahem - penny or eric) please speak up!
.....Back at the Model Home

Penny Lane

How about McGees for old time's sake?! 55th/Broadway--it's within walking distance of CH and it will bring back old T5 memories  :thumbsup:

(also can't find much non-posh places near Carnegie Hall)

that's only my first suggestion---we've got all week to decide...i need to be out of there by 7:30, also..i can meet as early as necessary.

ericm

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 03, 2012, 12:06 PM
How about McGees for old time's sake?! 55th/Broadway--it's within walking distance of CH and it will bring back old T5 memories  :thumbsup:

(also can't find much non-posh places near Carnegie Hall)

that's only my first suggestion---we've got all week to decide...i need to be out of there by 7:30, also..i can meet as early as necessary.

Good call Penny! We walked past McGees on NYE, and I was hoping to stop in for a drink. We ended up not too far away, and closed the joint, so never made it back.

Here's where we ended up. A pretty cool Pub, not far from Carnegie Hall either.Good food, drinks, atmosphere, and some great tunes playing! It's not as big as McGees, so if we have a decent sized group, it might not be the best place.

http://oldcastlepub.com/Menu.html

Just throwing another place into the mix, as I'm up for wherever everyone else wants to go. Kinda like the idea of re-kindling some T5 memories, so I'll vote for McGees pre-show, and we could always try the Old Castle post show. ;)  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

tdb810

McGee's sounds great! Especially since Bob and I only made it their on the last nite, post-show!  Perfect :) Will know what time closer to the weekend. 

Sweet_pickles

Anyone looking to sell a ticket for the concert on Saturday? Can't believe I missed these when they went on sale!  :-\

bluesky

Mcgee's it is! (midtown bars still  :P ) How we gonna do this though, the show starts at 8! meaning we would need to meet at 6:30ish for a quick one....

Penny Lane

tdb810

We are gonna grab an early dinner and meet you guys at 6:30.  Can't wait!

Jon T.

You guys have fun tonight.  Allen Toussaint is going to be treat.  The joy he has while playing is infectious!

ericm

McGees it is!!

The food was pretty good there for the T5 run, so I'm probably going to show up around 5:00- 5:30, and get something to eat.

I'm guessing we'll meet upstairs again?
"Where's Jim going?"

headhunter

wishing all you guys a good time.  sorry we can't join you.  would have liked to be able to at least stop by and say hello but other plans got in the way.   :'(
was some shakin' and some record playin'

tdb810

Quote from: ericm on Jan 04, 2012, 12:59 PM
McGees it is!!

The food was pretty good there for the T5 run, so I'm probably going to show up around 5:00- 5:30, and get something to eat.

Hey, maybe we will eat there too  :D I was trying to get a "fancy" dinner out of Bob, but I think McGee's with you guys is much more FUN! 

TSarge

Looks like I might have to miss this one.. I have 2 extra - any takers? Center balcony row B

Penny Lane

Quote from: tdb810 on Jan 04, 2012, 02:21 PM
Quote from: ericm on Jan 04, 2012, 12:59 PM
McGees it is!!

Hey, maybe we will eat there too  :D I was trying to get a "fancy" dinner out of Bob, but I think McGee's with you guys is much more FUN!

well the show is fancy enough! jeez...i'm on the same page with Bob...
i'll try to be there by 6

goldbondking

What are you guys expecting to hear from MMJ on this one?  I've got fingers crossed for Jim singing St. James Infirmary with Allen Toussaint on keys.  What else?  Highly Suspicious?

tdb810

Quote from: goldbondking on Jan 04, 2012, 04:28 PM
What are you guys expecting to hear from MMJ on this one?  I've got fingers crossed for Jim singing St. James Infirmary with Allen Toussaint on keys.  What else?  Highly Suspicious?
I've been speculating too...I mean, with all of the acts on the bill for this show, I'm wondering how it's going to flow -- all collaboration/all individual acts/a little bit o both.  I haven't even started thinking about possible song selections yet.  I am just so thrilled to see them and all of the others in this wonderful venue.  SO beautiful!  AND, maybe Jim will have a new outfit?  A girl can dream..... ;D

subinai

guests listed so far on the Bowery Presents page:

Allen Toussaint, Blind Boys of Alabama, Del McCoury Band, Ed Helms, GIVERS, Merrill Garbus of tUnE-yArDs, My Morning Jacket, Steve Earle, Tao Seeger, Trey McIntyre Project, Trombone Shorty, yasiin bey (FKA Mos Def)