Christmas iTunes Session Track List

Started by buymycar, Dec 06, 2011, 12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scosby2

Quote from: danz on Dec 06, 2011, 01:52 AM
Amoeba Records in SF didn't even know about it...
that's crazy dan...i figured the smaller one in ttown might not know but i am totally surprised that a bigger one like amoeba didn't know anything about it. if my store has it i am gonna get as many as they will let me for folks on here that don't get one...it's looking like they might be hard to come by

i mean i feel as though we deserve it...especially more than some random casual fan that happens to walk into the record store the day it's released..my luck i will have to work that day

evilurges86

I love mmj, but i am not a fan of this holiday music crap. have they released xmas songs in the past?
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

davymac

Quote from: evilurges86 on Dec 06, 2011, 10:55 AM
I love mmj, but i am not a fan of this holiday music crap. have they released xmas songs in the past?

MMJ does Xmas Fiasco style was released in 2000 i think.

I love this album and the holiday vibes!

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

e_wind

Does Xmas Fiasco Style... the Xmas EP with X Mas Curtain, I Just Wanted To Say, New Morning, Santa Clause is Back in Town, and a hidden track.

I think Jim is a big fan of the holidays.

I don't know if youre the type to gather tons of different versions of different songs, but this EP s worth it for Wonderful (b e a utiful version) and Welcome Home. I like the xmas songs, since I'm a big fan of the Santa Claus, Xmas Trees, etc part of christmas
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

the interview .... !!!!!!
the description of xmas curtain. awesome.

sweatboard

So, if I don't have Itunes am I just out of luck?
There's Still Time.........

EasyRyder

This may be a stretch, but as a Christmas album I like this one better than Does Xmas Fiasco Style.

What a year this has been, MMJ   :beer:

P.S. Wonderful made me levitate.
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

e_wind

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 06, 2011, 11:14 AM

damn this interview has been awesome. i love these guys, especially carl.

lasvegas

Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

buymycar

My favorite part of the interview is when Jim says that the He-Man/She-Ra Christmas Special is their favorite.   ;D

kotchishm

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 06, 2011, 11:02 AM
Does Xmas Fiasco Style... the Xmas EP with X Mas Curtain, I Just Wanted To Say, New Morning, Santa Clause is Back in Town, and a hidden track.

I think Jim is a big fan of the holidays.

I don't know if youre the type to gather tons of different versions of different songs, but this EP s worth it for Wonderful (b e a utiful version) and Welcome Home. I like the xmas songs, since I'm a big fan of the Santa Claus, Xmas Trees, etc part of christmas

Just listened to Xmas Fiasco again and forgot how much I love that hidden track, don't know why just rules
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

e_wind

Quote from: buymycar on Dec 06, 2011, 12:10 PM
My favorite part of the interview is when Jim says that the He-Man/She-Ra Christmas Special is their favorite.   ;D

yeah that was subtle, but I was laughing. Also when Pat says "that was carl and it was a load of crap, hes the most productive person I know" or something along those lines.

johnnYYac

I haven't downloaded this yet (in progress), can't wait, but some comments above had me thinking.

Just as with Live at the Palms, wouldn't this iTunes EP ONLY be available as a digital download, not on vinyl, CD, or other medium? 

I was going to say you don't need iTunes to buy this, but I am wrong.  I thought there was an iTunes website alternative to downloading the iTunes program, but then remembered this is Apple we're talking about, so...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 06, 2011, 11:38 AM
Quote from: e_wind on Dec 06, 2011, 11:14 AM

damn this interview has been awesome. i love these guys, especially carl.

Couldn't agree more! :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Crispy

"It's been a crazy 7 or 8 years..."  :)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

CountSA

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 06, 2011, 12:54 PM
I haven't downloaded this yet (in progress), can't wait, but some comments above had me thinking.

Just as with Live at the Palms, wouldn't this iTunes EP ONLY be available as a digital download, not on vinyl, CD, or other medium? 

I was going to say you don't need iTunes to buy this, but I am wrong.  I thought there was an iTunes website alternative to downloading the iTunes program, but then remembered this is Apple we're talking about, so...

Exactly, no vinyl just digital download.  The Friends Again vinyl is coming next week.

Penny Lane

Quote from: buymycar on Dec 06, 2011, 03:22 AM
Quote from: Goose24 on Dec 06, 2011, 02:41 AM
In the interview they mention that one of the songs is by The Band anyone know which one it is?

Christmas Must Be Tonight.  I felt so stupid when I heard this song and thought, "this sounds like I Shall Be Released" and then I looked it up and found out it was by The Band.

You're kidding! That's my favorite xmas song! woweee....
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

Awww.  Jim got me some Omnichord for Christmas! 

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

evilurges86

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Dec 06, 2011, 11:00 AM
Quote from: evilurges86 on Dec 06, 2011, 10:55 AM
I love mmj, but i am not a fan of this holiday music crap.

What are you saying?

Billy Idol - Jingle Bell Rock (2006) [HQ]

LMAO Tracy, you are too funny! I retract my statement

"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"