Main Menu

Forecastle

Started by e_wind, Jan 19, 2012, 02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgriff73

If y'all would like to have the Thursday meet up at my brothers bar it would be no problem.  It's a new bar so it's not a dive but I promise that the bartenders and everybody will take care of us.  We can book whomever to play that night.  There is live music there every night with no cover anyways.  It's downtown on barret avenue.  If y'all are interested let me know and I will take care of everything I can.

aMillionDreams

The Monkey Wrench is cool with me for sure.  I just didn't know what the status was with that.  BBC would be good too, but the day before Forecastle I imagine we'll be pretty busy.  We can keep it as a fall back though.

Thanks for the offer mgriff but I think we're set.  No offense to Diamonds but I don't really think it's our scene.  I'd personally much prefer Monkey Wrench or BBC.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

rmpotsy

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 19, 2012, 09:31 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Apr 19, 2012, 05:28 PM
Quote from: tbear on Apr 19, 2012, 04:24 PM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 19, 2012, 11:09 AM
Quote from: tbear on Apr 19, 2012, 11:08 AM
Got Tix, Hotel and Flight.

Yippeeeeeee!!! :D

Nice!!

ewind---any word on the Thurs night festivities? aMD?

I am definately gonna be around Thursday night with a fun crew - - it would be nice to meet some of the forum peeps....

i was trying to put something together, but it kind of fell by the wayside. i havent talked to amd in a couple weeks, but he and some other bands were going to/still can play at the monkey wrench as a spot for us all to hangout at on thursday night

if not, pick a dive bar and we'll all show up  :)

i think he just did.  its a great dive bar with a glorious roof top, but a dive bar nonetheless
out go the lights it begins

e_wind

Yes the wrench is especially spectacular when the roof is open during warm seasons
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

rmpotsy

im surprised we do not see each other there.  dennie and i have been friends for years and its about the only bar we go to... although i have been a little limited on my social life since the kiddo was born.

my baby girl has already made her first (of many im sure) trip to the rooftop though.
out go the lights it begins

Penny Lane

Let's do it, then! The Monkey Wrench it is...it's only about 2.5 miles from the hotel, too, so perfect...

Very sad there won't be a trip to Ear X-tacy this trip.  :(
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mgriff73

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Apr 20, 2012, 11:45 AM
The Monkey Wrench is cool with me for sure.  I just didn't know what the status was with that.  BBC would be good too, but the day before Forecastle I imagine we'll be pretty busy.  We can keep it as a fall back though.

Thanks for the offer mgriff but I think we're set.  No offense to Diamonds but I don't really think it's our scene.  I'd personally much prefer Monkey Wrench or BBC.

No worries.  By the way we are opening a concert hall there.  Tonight is the first official show.  Vessel is playing at 9.  Johny Neal played on the stage on St. Patty's which was great but the hall wasn't done. 

oistheone

Finally, some more Forecastle news!

http://blanknews.com/festivals/224-an-interview-with-jk-mcknight-forcastle-festival

Highlights include:

- two shows on the Belle to be announced in April (any day now, hopefully?)
- more artist additions ("There will be more to come. The new additions will solidify the desires that people have from previous years. We're still working on the final offers so it's hard to tell what bigger pieces will be added. There will definitely be more artists announced.")

Forecastle buzz has died considerably with all lots of other cool summer shit announced, so hopefully they step up their game and add a solid band or two!

Mr. White

Here is a short film highlighting the past, present and future of The Forecastle Festival in Louisville, KY. It showed up on YouTube yesterday (Sept. 30, 2012).
THE FORECASTLE FESTIVAL :: Music.Art.Activism ©
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011