Main Menu

Lollapalooza 2012

Started by Fully, Apr 10, 2012, 10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Consequence of Sound reports on the lineup that is going to be released tomorrow. Black Sabbath, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Jack White headline. Go to the article to read the rest of the lineup.

Taterbug

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

johnnYYac

I could probably enjoy this, but no Lolla this year for me.  Lots of good stuff in this lineup.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

As always, I think Lolla has one of the lesser line ups.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ALady

I think it's one of the better ones among the domestic fests, but not for me personally.  The undercard is pretty deep but not terribly unique or impressive.  Only about four-five acts I'm genuinely excited about.

SMH at the Chili Peppers being a #1 act in the year 2012.  And on a lineup with the only US date for the Sabbath reunion, no less.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Fully

Quote from: ALady on Apr 11, 2012, 03:09 PM
I think it's one of the better ones among the domestic fests, but not for me personally.  The undercard is pretty deep but not terribly unique or impressive.  Only about four-five acts I'm genuinely excited about.

SMH at the Chili Peppers being a #1 act in the year 2012.  And on a lineup with the only US date for the Sabbath reunion, no less.
I concur. I never would have predicted this. :o

oistheone

Looks like it could be a fun time. I've always had a blast at Lolla, but definitely won't have the cash for the whole shebang this year. However, I could easily see myself plunkin' down a hundred bucks for a visit to Grant Park on whatever day Jack White plays.

ALady

I'm hoping he plays an aftershow somewhere and I can avoid the park altogether   ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

oistheone

Quote from: ALady on Apr 11, 2012, 04:36 PM
I'm hoping he plays an aftershow somewhere and I can avoid the park altogether   ;D

That would certainly be ideal!

Even though the schedule is months away from being released, I'm getting pretty pumped to see the day-by-day breakdown. I've officially gone mad and have talked myself into an 8-hour drive (each way), ALL ALONE, for one day of Lolla. Seems like 24 hours in Chicago on little sleep with some sweet tunes would be a fun time. I've always found delirium to be an underrated concert intoxicant.