Top 10 MMJ songs you'd skip

Started by johnnYYac, Apr 12, 2012, 10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blucas

Quote from: Fully on Apr 13, 2012, 09:24 AM
The Day is Coming - unless I'm in the mood to feel like I'm at the grocery store which never happens.
Aluminum Park
Movin' Away

That's pretty much it.

Underline + Bold + Scathing Commentary...Fully has declared war on TDIC   ;)

When I first heard TDIC before Circuital came out, I thought it was kinda cheesy (the "da da das" and corny lyrics), but when I heard the entire album, it started to make sense. I do appreciate its lushness.

When in an impatient mood, I too am guilty of skipping Off the Record (blasphemy I know) and the middle of EU.
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

Penny Lane

Agree with Fully:

really hard to choose but i guess:

Remnants
The Day is Coming
Movin' Away
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Jahmazed

Librarian.  The only thing I like about is if it they play at a good time to pee  :thumbsup:

e_wind

Quote from: buster douglas on Apr 13, 2012, 01:53 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Apr 13, 2012, 01:21 PM
If we're talking live, I enjoy all of em except I'm amazed and first light

Whaaa??  These songs are monsters live, no?
I thought they were the type of songs that really blast off live compared to on record.  IMHO.  Do you skip them listening at home too?

I would hardly say I'm Amazed is different live. It's not jammed out or anything. First light isn't changed up either. They're both just so damn repitive
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

lucylew

No way do I have 10 but I do have a few:

They Ran
Librarian
Phone Went West

Yes, I went there.  Don't really get all the PWW love.  But if I find a PWW doorbell, I'm totally getting it.   :)

jimsflyingv

Butch Cassidy but I have to say I am not a big fan of the whole Tennessee Fire Album in general, too slow for my taste. I do like the Tennessee Fire Songs when played live and the versions of the songs on the AC EP though.

Jon T.

Quote from: jimsflyingv on Apr 14, 2012, 01:54 AM
Butch Cassidy but I have to say I am not a big fan of the whole Tennessee Fire Album in general, too slow for my taste. I do like the Tennessee Fire Songs when played live and the versions of the songs on the AC EP though.

You know who else doesn't like Butch Cassidy?

Al Qaeda

jimsflyingv

Jon T.

Ruckus

Oh my.  A thread that tugs at my heart :-*

1.  Day is Coming
2.  First Light
3.  Outta My System
4.  You Wanna Freak Out
5.  Moving Away
6.  Two Halves
7.  I'm Amazed
8.  Highly Suspicious
9.  Librarian
10.  Golden
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

e_wind

Not really shocked by anything in the thread except Golden.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

blucas

I typically like what MMJ has done with most of the TTF songs with alternate arrangements or when they play them live.  However, after hearing them open a show with The Dark in 2008 I put that on the top of my skip list.  It definitely dragged the energy down and it took a few more songs for them to get into a groove after that.

Ruckus, I have to give you big props for actually following thread direction and listing 10  :), but Outta My System is a masterpiece. ;)
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

jimsflyingv

Quote from: blucas on Apr 14, 2012, 05:15 PM

Ruckus, I have to give you big props for actually following thread direction and listing 10  :)
Well I can not find 10 MMJ songs I would skip  :D

Fully

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 14, 2012, 03:59 PM
Not really shocked by anything in the thread except Golden.

I kind of understand the Golden inclusion. It's a beautiful song, but one thats included so much in the setlists that we've all heard it so many times. If there could be one song that might be overplayed, it's this one. Sometimes I skip it too even though I love it, because I've heard it so many times.

johnnYYac

Well, I created this thread in response to the recent top 10 songs thread, when I realized, while its easy/hard to list 10 great Jacket tunes, I cannot honestly say I'd bother literally skipping any track.  There is never a "right" or "wrong" answer to these kinds of threads, but I find them a bit more interesting.  Granted, I'm taking the easy way out saying I wouldn't skip any song, but that's based on reality.  If I had a "Sophie's Choice" situation, I'd probably omit... Hmmm.

Two Halves
Into the Woods
It's Been a Great 3 or 4 Years
Good Intensions
Breathing'
Good Morning Dove
Year in Review (that retread at high speed from Split EP)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

capt. scotty

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 15, 2012, 08:50 AM
Into the Woods

Blasphemy! although I am surprised youre the first to list it.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

BigHerm

Everything on EU besides EU and Highly Suspicious. Also YWFO, First Light, and The Day is Coming.

johnnYYac

Quote from: capt. scotty on Apr 15, 2012, 01:13 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 15, 2012, 08:50 AM
Into the Woods

Blasphemy! although I am surprised youre the first to list it.
The novelty is wearing off.  Honestly, I don't skip it, but... 

Jahmazed

Quote from: lucylew on Apr 14, 2012, 01:33 AM

They Ran
Librarian
Phone Went West

Yes, I went there.  Don't really get all the PWW love.  But if I find a PWW doorbell, I'm totally getting it.   :)

PWW doorbell  ;D

johnnYYac

Quote from: Jahmazed on Apr 15, 2012, 08:04 PM
Quote from: lucylew on Apr 14, 2012, 01:33 AM

They Ran
Librarian
Phone Went West

PWW doorbell  ;D

Remember, from My Morning Straighjacket?  We figured out how to get one, but it was a bit expensive.  I don't think anyone followed through and got the PWW doorbell.

Dec. 7, 2009

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/forum/index.php?topic=1451.msg19414#msg19414