2012 posters

Started by mahg33ta, Sep 05, 2012, 01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

ericm

Quote from: mr_reno on Sep 12, 2012, 01:16 PM

I'm right there with ya. Think I'll probably retire it should I get the chance to do any more in the future.
-reno

Didn't mean any offense with my post. I have several of your posters and love em. Circuital eye and all.  :wink: I visited with you at Forecastle, enjoyed the chat,and will continue to purchase your work.  :beer:

I was commenting on others using the eye, as well as you.  I dug it on the first leg of the tour, being it was the "Circuital" leg. I was just hoping to see this leg's posters take on a more spontaneous feel to go along with the "spontaneous curation series".

I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty more of your posters in the future. 

"Where's Jim going?"

Bernard

Quote from: Bernard on Sep 11, 2012, 07:25 PM

Totally agree it's played out.  Reno has beaten it to death.

I'm right there with ya. Think I'll probably retire it should I get the chance to do any more in the future.
-reno

Clinton, I meant no disrespect.  I'm a big fan of your stuff, especially some of your latest.  The Avett Bros. series is absolutely brilliant, and I also really like the Monty Python piece.

I was just offering my critique, and personal opinion.  Music, posters, whatever the art-form or the medium, passionate people will discuss these things passionately.  That's what it's all about right?

I think it's really cool of you to post here as you are a big part of the community.

"Eye" for one look forward to seeing more MMJ Reno posters.  Sorry for the bad pun.

mr_reno

gentlemen, no worries whatsoever. I have a much thicker skin than that (and understand even things that are loved are open to critique). I just thought it'd be fun to pop on here and comment on it. ALL in good fun I swear.

I enjoy the shit out of this amazing band and this amazing community. You all have been good to me and I enjoy putting in as much love as I can into these posters because I know they're appreciated.

scosby2

Quote from: Bernard on Sep 11, 2012, 07:25 PM

Totally agree it's played out.  Reno has beaten it to death.

-reno

Hahaha...no he didn't!!!

Keep up the good work, clint...you do great work. And we love your posters

Ps. I was the guy wearing your deer shirt at forecastle...hope to get a chance to meet u again...thanks for popping in on us and feel free to come back any time...even though it's all in good fun, way to make some folks squirm too!!! Hahaha...I love it

WeeksByDays

Quote from: mr_reno on Sep 12, 2012, 09:04 PM
gentlemen, no worries whatsoever. I have a much thicker skin than that (and understand even things that are loved are open to critique). I just thought it'd be fun to pop on here and comment on it. ALL in good fun I swear.

I enjoy the shit out of this amazing band and this amazing community. You all have been good to me and I enjoy putting in as much love as I can into these posters because I know they're appreciated.

That is great. Ha! Any chance you may be giving us some posters in the future? Say New York Port Chester or maybe Boston? Love your work, tired out Circuital eye or not, a Reno poster is always a great poster.

WeeksByDays

Also, I have updated the main poster page through Los Angeles. Still looking for Berkeley.

e_wind

I asked Burwell if he was doing any of the December shows. He said he he doesn't know but check back in a month. Hopefully he was just protecting a secret
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

dugafola

Matt leuning is the artist for the Greek.   260 prints. 

Image is of 2 animals. I think they are sloths but they are most likely funny looking bears. 

Fully

Berkley Poster. I have another picture of it that looks darker. I'll try to post it too.

Fully

Quote from: dugafola on Sep 15, 2012, 08:36 PM

Image is of 2 animals. I think they are sloths but they are most likely funny looking bears.
Three-toed sloths. Look at the fingers and the eyes. I really like the colors and the eyeball at the top. That's how to not incorporate the big gross eyeball that we've seen so often, but still get your eyeball in.It looks very psychedelic to me. I'd like to see it in black velvet in the back of my seventies van :grin:

dugafola

Quote from: Fully on Sep 15, 2012, 09:07 PM
Quote from: dugafola on Sep 15, 2012, 08:36 PM

Three-toed sloths. Look at the fingers and the eyes. I really like the colors and the eyeball at the top. That's how to not incorporate the big gross eyeball that we've seen so often, but still get your eyeball in.It looks very psychedelic to me. I'd like to see it in black velvet in the back of my seventies van :grin:

Nice.  Reminds me of the ken Taylor posters he just did for phish in SF.

Bernard

Really like that Ken Taylor SF sloth series, not so crazy about this one.

Bernard

Quote from: CC Baxter on Sep 10, 2012, 06:32 PM
Boise

Signed and Numbered, Edition of 125.

http://thebungaloo.bigcartel.com/product/my-morning-jacket-boise-ia-18x24

If you're on the fence about this one, BUY IT!

Just got my copy unrolled, it's freaking awesome!  The green paper really makes this thing pop.

Fully

Here's a much better picture of the Berkley Cosmic Sloths as the artist calls it.

ericm

"Where's Jim going?"

headhunter

Eric, I like the price we paid much better!

was some shakin' and some record playin'

ericm

Quote from: headhunter on Oct 05, 2012, 11:25 AM
Eric, I like the price we paid much better!

Absolutely!  :beer:

If I got shutout though, this is a price I wouldn't be too upset about paying for this one. It's my favorite of the tour.
"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

Don't know if this counts, or if it was ever printed, but its the best promo of the event that I've found.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.