MMJ Goosebump Moments

Started by meltingaway, Sep 15, 2012, 04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armando

Quote from: Fully on Sep 18, 2012, 11:41 AM
All of I Will Be There When You Die. Just all of it.

YES
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

dylyn

I am suprised(Maybe it just goes unmentioned because it is just understood) to see no one has mentioned the last "COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN" belt in Gideon... he hits notes that angels have never even witnessed....

Also, when the beginning chords of "Run Thru" breaks through the rare silence... I have always felt that their transitions between songs have made them so so even more unique but that silence before Run Thru is so perfect.....

armando

Quote from: dylyn on Sep 18, 2012, 01:20 PM
Also, when the beginning chords of "Run Thru" breaks through the rare silence... I have always felt that their transitions between songs have made them so so even more unique but that silence before Run Thru is so perfect.....

And the way those opening notes hang in the air for what seems like a blissful eternity before the whole band thunders into the song.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

MamaKel

Where To Begin...

Hahaha...Jacket Puns...

Jim during Storytellers Dondante...the explanation had me crying...but when he played the solo, Jesus...otherworldly.

ACL Outta My System...don't quote me, but I think it was the first time where the scream "OUTTA MY SYSTEM" happened. I fucking lose my shit EVERYTIME that happens.

Patrick playing drums at Soundcheck will ALWAYS give me chills...

Tom on Run Thru at ACL...I feel like that was the first time I really SAW Tom...

When they started turning Bo's piano up...in Europe last year...I remember listening to a show, maybe Trix, Antwerpen? where it was like everything changed, ad all
I could hear was what was in store.

And I'm not gonna lie, Carl has been the goosebumps master lately...since Red Rocks, it's like he's possessed!

But personally, at shows, Steam Engine always wins. Instantly. Especially the "moonlight" at Tuscaloosa.

Black Metal at Jools Holland
TMIGTS at ACL, in Amsterdam at the Paradiso, and Somerset.
Dondante at Shibuya, AX
All of Newport gave me a certain kind of chill
Isn't it a Pity at Forecastle...and Rocket Man with the Lantern
The Way That He Sings/Anytime in STL
Strangulation in Tulsa
Butch Cassidy at the Paradiso and Red Rocks
Highly Suspicious Red Rock
Librarian in Detroit

I'll think of more. Don't you worry none.

Haldon

I can think of 2 times when I had serious OMFG goosebump moments....

1. Picture of You at T5....I like the song, but its far from my favorite...however at the point when Jim is just repeating, "you don't say I'll wait up," the venue was completely silent and they had the spotlights focused directly on Jim, and everyone in the venue was looking up at him and the sound was so beautiful....or maybe it was the confluence of all the substances that had been building in my body at that moment...but for me it was really magical.

2. Dondante at JFWPt2....."everything changes" Those words repeated after that awesome jam just blew my mind.

I'm sure there have been more, but those two really stand out for me.

MamaKel

I JuST WATCHED THaT "EvErYtHiNg ChAnGeS"...so rad

MamaKel

Picture of you is one of those songs I don't understand...what does it mean?

oistheone

Quote from: Haldon on Sep 20, 2012, 04:54 PM

1. Picture of You at T5....I like the song, but its far from my favorite...however at the point when Jim is just repeating, "you don't say I'll wait up," the venue was completely silent and they had the spotlights focused directly on Jim, and everyone in the venue was looking up at him and the sound was so beautiful....or maybe it was the confluence of all the substances that had been building in my body at that moment...but for me it was really magical.

2. Dondante at JFWPt2....."everything changes" Those words repeated after that awesome jam just blew my mind.

YES! That moment was amazing -- night one at T5 still stands as the ONLY concert I've ever been to where the quieter songs got COMPLETE silence. It was amazing and I can't wait to hear a recording of it. Also, is my memory hazy or did they go into a really hardcore heavy jam at the end of Picture of You at T5?

Willard1979

I get chills anytime Jim holds out the "Ohhhs" on Rollin Back, and live versions of War Begun.

Haldon

Quote from: oistheone on Sep 21, 2012, 11:39 PM
Quote from: Haldon on Sep 20, 2012, 04:54 PM

YES! That moment was amazing -- night one at T5 still stands as the ONLY concert I've ever been to where the quieter songs got COMPLETE silence. It was amazing and I can't wait to hear a recording of it. Also, is my memory hazy or did they go into a really hardcore heavy jam at the end of Picture of You at T5?

If they did go into a hardcore jam I don't remember it...but then again...its all a bit hazy for me too  :cheesy:

parkervb

on MMJ Storytellers when they do Dondante after Jim gives the background on the song, his voice seems to quake or crack slightly from emotion.  Gives me the chills just thinking about it. 

http://on.vh1.com/usESzf
Don't you ever turn it off

tdb810

Quote from: parkervb on Oct 16, 2012, 11:44 AM
on MMJ Storytellers when they do Dondante after Jim gives the background on the song, his voice seems to quake or crack slightly from emotion.  Gives me the chills just thinking about it. 

EVERY time
.....Back at the Model Home

Fully

Quote from: tdb810 on Oct 16, 2012, 12:05 PM

EVERY time

His cry face makes my cry face activate.

Taterbug

Quote from: Fully on Oct 16, 2012, 12:27 PM
Quote from: tdb810 on Oct 16, 2012, 12:05 PM

EVERY time

His cry face makes my cry face activate.

What about his "O" face ,  I think I saw yours already at Forecastle under the bridge  :thumbsup:
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

MrWhippy

Quote from: Taterbug on Oct 16, 2012, 12:39 PM
What about his "O" face ,  I think I saw yours already at Forecastle under the bridge  :thumbsup:

Ha!  Fully got Fully'd.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Fully

Quote from: MrWhippy on Oct 16, 2012, 01:09 PM
Quote from: Taterbug on Oct 16, 2012, 12:39 PM

Ha!  Fully got Fully'd.
Under the bridge is only one of the places that's happened.... :bath:

CHIMMJFAN

As soon as the lights go out and you hear the jazzed up intro music playing I get immediate goosebumps!

One not mentioned, three times I have seen "Carried Away" performed and Carl's guitar in the heavier parts makes me shiver!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

gardenparty

a couple goosbump moments that spring to mind:

Nashville to Kentucky - Live from Las Vegas - secone verse "My Heart it draws the line"

Butch Cassidy - T5  "defeat just hanging around"

vwxg14a

This is one...

My Morning Jacket - War Begun (Nashville 8/15/08)

This one... 3:36 You had me worried....

MY MORNING JACKET : Dondante : LIVE

This one of course... The entire song...  6:36 that fact's my heart's still beatin...

Jim James - Steam Engine

Pops, Langerado, Lollapalooza, RCMH, Miami Beach, MSG, St Aug, T5.

vwxg14a

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 16, 2012, 08:01 PM
My first show, 2:12 in

My Morning Jacket - Lay Low

At the 2:12 point, every show I have seen, that is the highlight of the night.  Only Skynyrd in the day matches the guitar play with keyboards and drums. 

Of course, Van Zant wouldn't/couldn't pull off this look.

My Morning Jacket--Lay Low--Live at Austin City Limits 2007-09-16
Pops, Langerado, Lollapalooza, RCMH, Miami Beach, MSG, St Aug, T5.