Black Friday RSD release

Started by Waddy Peytona, Oct 10, 2012, 10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddy Peytona

"It Makes No Difference" featuring Brittany Howard, recorded at the Newport Folk Festival. I was lucky to be at this performance. Hope I can pick up a copy.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2012/10/record-store-day-announces-2012-black-friday-relea.html

e_wind

a couple of us were talking about this. it gets better... theres a new, unreleased song on it! as well as a download code that includes Honest Man live. I'm gonna assume that its from Red Rocks, and that was one hell of a live version of Honest Man.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

Crispy

WANTWANTWANT

Thank goodness there aren't any other MMJ fans in Oklahoma.  :wink:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

headhunter

Quote from: Crispy on Oct 10, 2012, 11:05 AM
WANTWANTWANT

Thank goodness there aren't any other MMJ fans in Oklahoma.  :wink:

NEED NEED NEED.  I love Black Friday and Record Store Day.  See ya all on line at the record store.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

LeanneP

Love RSD!  I'm going to have to mark the calendar ahead of time to bug my record store friends to put one of the MMJs aside.
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

jcoyote

Quote from: e_wind on Oct 10, 2012, 10:58 AM
http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2012/09/record-store-day-rsd-presents-back-to.html]

this is where someone else saw it.

Hey, I am more than "someone else."  I am JCOYOTE!!!  Too bad my handle here is different than my handle on the main page.  Why are there two accounts, by the way? 

CHIMMJFAN

Ok this is all kinds of awesome, a new song, "Grab a Body"!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

robb

Since I don't have any record stores in my area within reasonable driving distance that would be likely to get this in, who wants to help a brother out?  I'd pay for mine+shipping and cover the cost of yours too if anybody would be willing to lend a hand.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

BH

Quote from: robb on Oct 10, 2012, 04:03 PM
Since I don't have any record stores in my area within reasonable driving distance that would be likely to get this in, who wants to help a brother out?  I'd pay for mine+shipping and cover the cost of yours too if anybody would be willing to lend a hand.

I'll certainly get an extra if I can.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TheThird

Could someone also help me out and grab an extra? I'd be happy to pay whatever is deemed necessary of course.
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

e_wind

It's usually incredibly easy to get anything MMJ in Louisville, so ill grab extras

scosby2

i'll try to grab as many as i can from oz in tuscaloosa

joey_rogo

I may also be in need of an extra copy if someone is willing to part with it. There are 2 stores 'near' me that are always on the list of participants, but never actually participate.

subinai

peeps that aren't within areas of record stores, there are a good amount of stores that will ship. i think soundstagedirect.com also gets RSD releases.

e_wind

yeah we ordered the Friends Again/Outta My System AUT from Looney Toons records in NY (i think, could have some or all of that information wrong).

SaraBananaBear

Yay, sounds great! Very excited about the unreleased song!  :cheesy: :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: e_wind on Oct 11, 2012, 11:01 AM
yeah we ordered the Friends Again/Outta My System AUT from Looney Toons records in NY (i think, could have some or all of that information wrong).

Yup, I got my Friends Again/Outto My System from there last year, great! :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

itrainmonkeys

The store I go to doesn't allow people to grab more than one copy of anything since they are limited. I'm hoping for the MMJ release for sure. That's an awesome performance.

bartel