Main Menu

Tyrone

Started by millerjustin, Oct 21, 2012, 06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millerjustin

What's in here won't disappear

exist10z

My favorite Jacket cover and one of my favorite songs they do period (blasphemy, not an original!).  Wondering when I will be able to vote it off 'Jacket Bracket'...
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

e_wind

I´ll do it... I won't be mad if  I never see this cover again, or if Badu never shows up as a guest again. I guess I'm glad I saw her with them, but I feel like ive seen the cover wayyyyy too much
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

I love the song. I think JJ stole it away from her though. His voice is so much smoother than hers. She screeches a little too much in that performance for my ears. Also something about hearing him sing like as a sassy female protagonist may be just about the sexiest thing I've ever heard.

Mr. White

I was at the UNSTAGED show at The Palace in Louisville (and have watched the video many times) and don't really like that particular version so much. Jim's guitar playing was great, but it felt a little off, in my opinion. It was still very, very cool to have Ms. Badu in town to make the night that much more special. However, I believe the band does it better when they are on their own. I especially liked this year's Red Rocks version! It was very tight and inspired.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

zanjam

anything + reverb always = better

exist10z

Quote from: e_wind on Oct 21, 2012, 08:12 PM
I´ll do it... I won't be mad if  I never see this cover again, or if Badu never shows up as a guest again. I guess I'm glad I saw her with them, but I feel like ive seen the cover wayyyyy too much

Bah-humbug...
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

Willard1979

Ive got the Ch. 2 version on repeat right now. Love it!