The Black Crowes are flying again!!!!

Started by buaawwww, Dec 25, 2012, 08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buaawwww

Yyyyyeeeeessssss!!!!!!

THE BLACK CROWES End Hiatus - Dec. 25, 2012
THE BLACK CROWES have ended their "indefinite hiatus" by announcing 2013 tour dates on both sides of the Atlantic. The rockers will launch a five-show U.K. trek in March before flying home to the U.S. for a 21-date tour that will end in early May in New Orleans.

In a July 2010 interview with Billboard, THE BLACK CROWES frontman Chris Robinson said the band's decision to take a break wasn't the result of any internal strife, like was the case when they split in 2002.

"The real story is it's been five solid years of touring and three records and DVDs, and it's more about having a little bit of space and taking a breath away from the thing," he said.

"I think everyone's in a good space, and our hiatus is for nothing but health reasons, mental and physical, and to have the freedom to do some projects with other people, raise the kids and stuff like that."

When Rolling Stone asked Robinson how long the band will be away, he replied, "Two years, five years, 10 years — you never know when you jump into the void."

He added: "This cycle we've been on has been incredible. Since the summer of '07, when we made 'Warpaint', it's been the three most fulfilling years I've ever had with this band. But if we kept going, we might be playing with fate too much. It would be nice to have a 30th anniversary. But we should walk away from this while everyone's in a good mood."

"Plus, we all have babies," added his guitarist brother Rich. "I'm expecting one any day now. It seemed like a good time. To me, 'hiatus' means there is no plan. We haven't said, 'Let's get back together in 2012.' And we haven't said, 'Let's not.'"

Shug

Halla-fuckin'-luyah!  see ya in chicago in april!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Fully

I need this!!!!!1 And I'm drunk from xmas. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Penny Lane

very excited...and i love jackie greene
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

LBSUNFLWR

Also very excited! And I like Jackie Greene, but I would prefer Luther again!

Looks like Nashville and The Ryman for the first time for me!!

Shug

The Ryman is pretty fucking sweet, you will dig it there.  If you are on the floor, try not to be under the balcony.  If you can get the first several rows of the balcony, you are VERY close to the stage, its unusual for a balcony to be that close.  It sounds great in the balcony, too.  I saw two nights of Wilco there last year and we loved that place.  Incredible history and roots of country music vibes.  Hank Williams played on that stage, few chrissakes!

I'd prefer Luther as well, if just for the continuity.  Jackie will do fine, though, I'm sure, although my dream wish was for another blazing guitar shredder in the vein of Marc Ford, but I've resigned myself to the fact that CR doesn't want the Crowes to be that kind of band anymore.

Fully

Under the balcony at the Ryman isn't horrible. I've sat there a time or two. Balcony is great though.

Shug

Not horrible, but that ceiling is soooo low, I felt kinda claustrophobic.  And the seats are tiny down there on the floor.  The venue is excellent overall and you can't go wrong if your are inside at all.  I love that place!

ChiefOKONO

Definitely cool that they're back but i'm not sure about how the lineup will be.
we'll see i guess, i want to check it out!!

LBSUNFLWR

Thanks for the tip guys. I have heard The Ryman is one of the best spots in the U.S. and at about 3 hours away it will be the closest, and so I'm planning on getting tickets for both nights and just spending a weekend in Nashville.

Maybe upstairs one night, downstairs the other...if we can even get tickets!!!

Shug

sounds like a good plan!  that's what we did for wilco, one night balcony, one night floor.  Its pretty fun going to all the country bars on Lower Broadway, too, right around the venue.

Fully

Roberts Western World is my favorite honky tonk down there. Tootsie's is an abomination.

zanjam

Sad to lose Luther, but LOVING the Jackie Greene addition!  I have really missed the Crowes.  I didn't even see much of the RR/CR interim projects.  Happy to have these guys back on my radar.  I am sure we will have some Fillmore multi-night run announced at some point. 
anything + reverb always = better

buaawwww

Very sad to hear Luther won't be back... but I am curious to see how Jackie Greene holds up.  Them some mighty big shoes to fill!!  Regardless... so happy to have them back!

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: zanjam on Dec 26, 2012, 11:44 PM
Sad to lose Luther, but LOVING the Jackie Greene addition!  I have really missed the Crowes.  I didn't even see much of the RR/CR interim projects.  Happy to have these guys back on my radar.  I am sure we will have some Fillmore multi-night run announced at some point.

If you never went to see the Chris Robinson Brotherhood you missed out. They were pretty damn fantastic!! and played a 3 hour show every night!!!  I happen to love Neal Casal and the combination of him, Chris and the Crowes' piano player from the last several years made this band!!   

Though I will take Chris and Rich back together anytime!!

BH

Excellent news!   We are thinking about doing St. Louis and both Ryman shows.  Loved the CRB shows too but I'm ready for more Crowes!   With no Luther, I wish they would have added Casal.   Jackie Greene will be great though.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

lucylew

We are definitely hitting the Nashville shows.  Stoked!

LBSUNFLWR

cool news for those of us planning on the Nashville shows!!

For The Black Crowes, it's always been about musical exploration, and on their "Lay Down With Number 13" world tour in 2013, for which tickets go on sale January 11 at 10:13 AM local time, they'll keep their shows as fresh as ever. The iconic and influential band will reach deep inside their songbook and extensive catalog, performing greatly varied set lists. Ticket link information is now available at www.blackcrowes.com. The tour's first leg will encompass dates in the U.K. March 24-30 and the U.S. April 2-May 4.

For their two-night engagement at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium April 20 and 21, the band--Chris Robinson (lead vocals, guitar), Rich Robinson (guitar, vocals), Steve Gorman (drums), Sven Pipien (bass), Adam MacDougall and new member Jackie Greene (guitar, vocals)--have announced that the second night (April 21) will mark the tour's only acoustic show, featuring special guests performing with the band.

"The Black Crowes road has come calling again for us," says Chris Robinson, "Our music is a living, breathing thing, and we go where ever it takes us. In a world of rock and roll tourists, we look forward to seeing our friends and loyal travelers who will join us and be a part of the shows. The musical horizon beckons."

BH

I saw that!   I was hoping to keep it low key as I will be trying for tickets on Friday!

10:13 am????  wtf?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.