NBA 2012-2013

Started by bearass, Feb 15, 2013, 12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 22, 2013, 06:50 PM
The fact you have to nitpick the things Lebron says, tweets or Instagrams is a testament to his greatness as a player.

Hey dude, do me a favor and write this down:

I never said Lebron James wasn't a great player.

Got it? Wrote it down? Cool. Next time you want to infer that I don't think he's a great player, read that out loud.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 22, 2013, 06:50 PM
Have you ever watched Michael Jordan's HoF speech?  He addresses every hater he ever felt he had, real or perceived.  It was pure Mike and I don't mean that in a positive way.

apples and oranges

MJ was addressing a handful of specific people and organizations; kudos to MJ, he earned it.

Lebron asked people, "That shit stank, don't it?". Lebron is talking to millions of people; embracing it, saying it doesn't bother him and encouraging it. He's a confused child.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Mahgeetah34

The Lebron video is awesome!

parkervb

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jun 23, 2013, 04:31 PM

dude's just having some fun.  Like those dudes from Vermont sang, "can't I live while I'm young?"

I like that he's finally showing some personality, he let his guard down in the ESPN interview after game 7 and it was cool to get a peek passed his crafted, image-conscious half-speak. 
Don't you ever turn it off

Mahgeetah34

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 27, 2013, 12:01 PM

dude's just having some fun.  Like those dudes from Vermont sang, "can't I live while I'm young?"

I like that he's finally showing some personality, he let his guard down in the ESPN interview after game 7 and it was cool to get a peek passed his crafted, image-conscious half-speak.

Right on! Nobody ever talks about Kobe's rape charge and cheating or Michael Jordan cheating on his wife also. Lebron isnt even a bad guy. I can't believe people still hate on him for his tv special. Just the let the guy have fun.

manonthemoon

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jun 28, 2013, 03:33 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Jun 27, 2013, 12:01 PM

Right on! Nobody ever talks about Kobe's rape charge and cheating or Michael Jordan cheating on his wife also. Lebron isnt even a bad guy. I can't believe people still hate on him for his tv special. Just the let the guy have fun.

If people who don't cheat on their spouse is going to be a requirement for liking athletes then you aren't going to have many of those left.  I am pretty sure most of the big ones are pretty well known to sleep around.  How else did Magic get HIV?

The reason people don't like Lebron overall is the way he acts, plan and simple.

I don't think anyone can deny he is the greatest player in the world right now, but that doesn't mean people will like him if does all of the self aggrandizing things he usually does.

I for one was never really a fan or hater of Lebron, but since the decision and the move to Miami he has slid in my mind of someone I would root for.  I have never been one for people who seek attention to that degree.

I mean Ty Cobb batted .400 in three different seasons, yet he was a noted bigot and intentionally tried to injure opponents.  Jim Tatum tried to knock people out each and every play.  Babe was a noted drunk, during prohibition.  The list can go on forever of reason to not like players.  That's why there are so many different teams to choose from to cheer for.

Alive or Just Breathing

iLikeBeer

Can't wait to see how Heat fans react to LeBron if he decides to return to Cleveland or go somewhere else after next season...

Although, judging from the fact that Miami fans are arguably the worst fans and biggest bandwagonners in sports as evidenced by their predictable premature exodus in game 6:

http://youtu.be/YweZv8SJSrA

...I doubt they will give much of a rat's ass...  :grin:

capt. scotty

Id actually love it if he went back to Cleveland. Im not a hater, but Lebron has soured on me to a degree since the decision. He'd have Kyrie Irving, and whoever they picked yesterday  :tongue:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jackets N Pones

I thought it was pretty neat how LeBron turned his finals weakness into his strength in Game 7 to clinch the finals.

Also, I love Kawhi's game, and his shoes.

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire