Looking For a Band With a Meaty Live Act

Started by EverythingChanges, Mar 05, 2013, 12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

If Doug wasn't awkward that would be strange
There's Still Time.........

ManNamedTruth

Currently one of my favorite live albums these days. Awesome mix of surf rock, psychedelic rock, bluegrass, garage rock, etc... Lots of cool guest vocalists on here too like Neko Case, Gary Louris, and Jon Spencer.

http://www.dustedmagazine.com/reviews/3061
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

sweatboard

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Mar 08, 2013, 12:43 AM
one more, last song on the album, cutting my grass one day and towards the end of the middle trance work and the lyric : when you feel the darkness shining through, what are you going to do? and I came as close as I have ever come to just turning the mower into traffic just to see that's next.

Built to Spill - Untrustable-Part 2 (About Someone Else)

Is it a rideing mower?  It seems like every other day that I envision just twisting the wheel of my car into oncoming traffic....but then I think...a telephone pole would be much better.

sweatboard

easy way

"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

sweatboard

Quote from: easy way on Mar 08, 2013, 01:42 AM
Quote from: sweatboard on Mar 08, 2013, 01:11 AM
Get Fucked!!!

Built to Spill - Cortez the Killer (Live)

Yup! This Cortez is unparalleled...

Yup, You are Exactly Right....I had it on my mp3 player with my headphones on one time while I was mowing my lawn and I ended up mowing my lawn three times.....in the same day. 

EverythingChanges

Quote from: sweatboard on Mar 08, 2013, 01:11 AM
Get Fucked!!!

Built to Spill - Cortez the Killer (Live)

Damn! Why hasn't MMJ covered this song yet?

And remind me to never let any of you mow my lawn.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Tracy 2112

I have a push mower, but it's self propelled.

I seen BTS about 6x and some shows were better than others. Brian, I think the one we saw in K'ville was the least energetic. I think the Meat Puppets left joojoo on the stage
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Jaimoe

Nice version of "Cortez", but the song has been over-covered to death for at least a decade now, and you can thank the (thankfully) near-dead-but-once-thriving jam band scene. The only band that should be allowed to do it is Crazy Horse, with all due respect to Gov't Mule.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Mar 08, 2013, 01:00 AM
Currently one of my favorite live albums these days. Awesome mix of surf rock, psychedelic rock, bluegrass, garage rock, etc... Lots of cool guest vocalists on here too like Neko Case, Gary Louris, and Jon Spencer.

These guys cover Lucifer Sam? That's pretty legit.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Crispy

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Mar 08, 2013, 11:09 AM

WOW. I really want to see The Sadies.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Jaimoe

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 08, 2013, 12:29 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Mar 08, 2013, 11:09 AM

WOW. I really want to see The Sadies.

I saw them when they opened for The Raconteurs a number of years ago. Killer show. They've been known to collaborate with Crazy Horse disciple Dallas Green and City and Colour from time to time. Check him/them out too. The Sadies still aren't household names in Canada, which is surprising.

buaawwww