Thoughts for our friend John

Started by Crispy, Apr 05, 2014, 12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Here's to JohnnYYac, your friend and mine, who lost his dad today. Love you, brother.  :beer:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Mr. White

Sorry for your loss, John.

We are thinking of you and your family.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Fully

ericm

So sorry to hear about your dad passing, John. You, and your family are in my thoughts.
"Where's Jim going?"

weeniebeenie

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, John.
How loud can silence get?

headhunter

Quote from: Mr. White on Apr 05, 2014, 01:07 AM
Sorry for your loss, John.

We are thinking of you and your family.

Indeed we are.  Wishing you peace, strength and love.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Taterbug

Sorry to hear about your Fathers passing John. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

iLikeBeer

So sorry to hear about your father John. Know you and your family are in our thoughts as well. 

ajclements004

Thoughts and prayers are with you, Yac!

searchinbig

So sorry John. May you and your family find strength in this most difficult time.
Hang in brother.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

parkervb

sorry for the loss.  peace and strength to you and your family
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

So sorry to hear about your loss.  Our thoughts are with you and your family.

manonthemoon

Alive or Just Breathing

oistheone

Really sorry to hear this John, my condolences.

LB

Mr. JYac, I am sorry for your loss.

I wish you the best.
no you never gotta fight with me

davymac

Sorry for your loss, John.  I'll be thinking about you and your family. 

pattilovesmmj

Dear John,
I have never met you in person, yet feel like I know you.  My prayers go out to you and your family.
Your father must have been a remarkable man because, you are such a righteous person yourself.
This comforted me when my parents passed away:
John 14:2
Do not let your heart be troubled;  Believe in God and also believe in me.
In my father's house are many dwelling places.  If it were not so, I would have told you;  For I go to prepare a place for you...

God's Grace to you and yours,
Patti

BigHerm

So sorry to hear this John. You and your family are in my thoughts.

johnnYYac

I am so very touched by this thread.  Its been a tough week, with another to follow after Easter, when we'll do the funeral thing.  My Dad was a great guy.  His passing was a blessing, though, as he never fully recovered from the surgery and treatments that, ironically, cured his pancreatic cancer.

I will share a MMJ-related story from this last week, cut and pasted from Facebook, so some of you have read this already...

I arrived at my Dad's, straight from the airport, at 1:30am Friday. I sent my Mom, brother, and sister away to get some sleep. Dad wouldn't wake up, but I told him I was there and that I loved him. I then played the YouTube video of "I Will Be There When You Die" from Red Rocks as I sat on the edge of his bed. He stirred at the sound of the song's rising volume, yet still remained asleep. After the song ended, I kissed his forehead and watched him draw his last breath.

I called my sister to let them know Dad was gone. I also told her about playing the song. Later, when she arrived to see him before the funeral home got there, she told me my brother (who likes to give me grief for my love of MMJ) said, "So, John killed Dad with My Morning Jacket!" We laughed and laughed. It was not meant to be anything but humorous. I know he meant it that way and hope you all do as well.

Its times like these when you really appreciate the friends you have, and that includes the folks on this forum.  Thanks for the kind words while I took some time away.  It really meant a lot.

-John
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

John, I meant to tell you that when I read your dad's obituary I was struck by how similar the two of you are. It must have made him proud that you took after him so much. I know I feel that way about my children being similar to me.