Previous topic - Next topic

CountSA

Smitty

So far this year:
1. James McMurtry - Complicated Game
2. My Morning Jacket - The Waterfall
3. John Moreland - High on Tulsa Heat
4. Dwight Yoakam - Second Hand Heart
5. Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit...
6. Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear
7. Alabama Shakes - Sound & Color (most pleasant surprise so far)
8. Steve Earle - Terraplane
9. Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell
10. Waxahatchee - Ivy Tripp
11. Calexico - Edge of the Sun (will probably end up a lot higher by the end of the year)
12. Bob Dylan - Strangers in the Night (on second thought, this may be the most pleasant surprise)

Most looking forward to the new Jason Isbell, Bottle Rockets, Sun Kil Moon and Drive-By Truckers boxset.
"Don't say what you would or wouldn't do, honey, cuz one day you just might have to" - Larry Brown

MMJOwlz

Before The Waterfall drops on Monday, here's a list of all my favorite albums that have been released in 2015:

Dr. Dog - Live at Flamingo Hotel
Alabama Shakes - Sound & Color
Father John Misty - I Love You Honeybear
The Districts - A Flourish and a Spoil
Bright Light Social Hour - Space is Still the Place
Purity Ring - Another Eternity
Houndmouth - Little Neon Limelight
Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit
Mini Mansions - The Great Pretenders
Ryley Walker - Primrose Green
Lord Huron - Strange Trails
Blur - The Magic Whip
Ruby The Hatchet - Valley of the Snake

Come Closer

Father John Misty
Dr Cosmo's Tape Lab
Attic Fowler
Dalton
MMJ
The Amazing
Viet Cong
John Andrews & the Yawns
Districts
Mondo Drag

Need to listen more to Torres, Mikal Cronin, Jacco Gardner, and Michael Rault.

kvgq420

MMPJ6306

The new Mikal Cronin is really good! Some people were disappointed because it sticks pretty close to his last album's formula (after that one was so many miles ahead of his first record) but both are so fucking catchy and cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVtAteilk8s
6/3/06, 10/22/10, 6/7/11 12/14, 7/28/12 8/17 12/27 12/28, 7/26/13 10/12, 7/31/15 11/27, 4/29/16

subinai

based on the songs released by Tame Impala so far. I think Currents is going to be in the top 3

Murph

Early top 10:

Sleater-Kinney
Father John Misty
Mourn
Diamond Rugs
Courtney Barnett
Matthew E. White
Houndmouth
Buxton
MMJ
Built To Spill

...Alabama Shakes hasn't done it for me yet, Modest Mouse and The Districts were both kinda dissapointing

kotchishm

Turnover's Peripheral Vision is probably my AOTY right now. A bit of Real Estate vibe. I've been obsessed with it for the past few weeks.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

debbie

Alabama Shakes - Sound & Color is amazing!!  The Waterfall wins for most highly anticipated.  But the new Alabama Shakes is the Bomb.

And when did The New Basement tapes come out?  I'll never get tired of that album for as long as I live. 

I have a feeling I will soon be adding the new James Petralli to this list.
Touch me I'm going to scream.

Come Closer

Quote from: kotchishm on May 14, 2015, 03:39 PM
Turnover's Peripheral Vision is probably my AOTY right now. A bit of Real Estate vibe. I've been obsessed with it for the past few weeks.
Not sure how I feel about it on the whole, but I haven't been able to get Dizzy On the Comedown out of my head.

kotchishm

Quote from: Osistheones on May 14, 2015, 10:20 PM
Quote from: kotchishm on May 14, 2015, 03:39 PM
Not sure how I feel about it on the whole, but I haven't been able to get Dizzy On the Comedown out of my head.

I get where you're coming from. Sometimes albums just hit me the right way and this was one haha
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Come Closer

ruralt

Quote from: soundgarden1981 on Apr 10, 2015, 09:43 AM
Black Rivers _ Black rivers

Whoa. So cool to see them mentioned here. (I about lost it when I found out MMJ toured with Doves back in the day. I need a time machine.)

Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear
The Amazing - Picture You
Other Lives - Rituals
John Carpenter - Lost Themes
The Waterfall

Really gotta catch up on a lot of stuff, though. The new Attic Fowler is pretty good but I don't know if it'll end up making my year end.

SouthernBelle

Caroline Spence - Somehow

Luke Jacobs - Velvet After Feel (produced by my buddy  :grin: :cheesy: Carrie Rodriguez).
It's funny how your lights are off but your music's on.

Ob1jacobe

I am not sure what my list looks like now.  But a few recent ones that i have been enjoying very much

- Hot Chips - What Makes Sense
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Multi-love
- Chris Stapleton - Traveller
- Rhet Miller - The Traveler

dmooney99

some of my favs so far:

Drenge- Undertow
MMJ- The Waterfall
Muse- Reapers
The Vaccines- English Graffiti
Django Django- Born Under Saturn
The Prodigy- The Day is my Enemy
Moon Duo- Shadow of the Sun
White Shadows- Secret of Life

e_wind

Tame Impala, Wilco, and Jason Isbell are new additions to my list. Anything else great recently?
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Come Closer

Nothing as good as those, but I've been enjoying White Reaper, Joel Magid, Barry Uhl, Triptides.

Murph

new Titus Andronicus is pretty great, although definitely not the place to start if you're just getting into them.