Music You Like More Than MMJ?

Started by sweatboard, Mar 05, 2015, 11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

The National.....they haven't had a bad record and they didn't do a 360 after It Still Moves

ericm

My music preferences are like my kids. I don't love one more  than another, I've just loved one longer.

Bruce
Genesis
Grateful Dead
"Where's Jim going?"

MOWJO8185

Nobody more. I'd say Wilco, the National, and Pearl Jam are all equal, or at least close to.

dookie shoot bandit

For the last 10 years of my life, I can honestly say no.
But... The Beatles and Beastie Boys are on the top of my list with them.
Modest Mouse being a close second.

BH

Quote from: sweatboard on Mar 05, 2015, 11:57 PM
The National.....they haven't had a bad record and they didn't do a 360 after It Still Moves

I've been on a big National kick lately.  I wish I could go to the Eaux Claire Festival and see them and Bon Iver.

Not to get too technical Brian but a 360 puts you right back where you were.   :wink:

You are probably already familiar but if not I bet you would like The Amazing.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

headhunter

Quote from: ericm on Mar 06, 2015, 07:59 AM
My music preferences are like my kids. I don't love one more  than another, I've just loved one longer.

Bruce
Genesis
Grateful Dead

Hey you must be one of those old guys!  Probably over 40 or something like that!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

sweatboard

Quote from: BH on Mar 06, 2015, 09:17 AM
Quote from: sweatboard on Mar 05, 2015, 11:57 PM

I've been on a big National kick lately.  I wish I could go to the Eaux Claire Festival and see them and Bon Iver.

Not to get too technical Brian but a 360 puts you right back where you were.   :wink:

You are probably already familiar but if not I bet you would like The Amazing.

Haha, I have not listened to The Amazing but I just pulled it up on Rhapsody.  I'll report back.  I really thought this thread would incite more rage.  I was kind of looking for a little excitement.     :evil:

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Angelo

At this stage in my life I can confidently say I have a top three: My Morning Jacket, Wilco, and Dylan. It has been these three for many years now. Although Conor Oberst in any form ranks too. He's easily the most captivating  performer I've ever seen. Shit this is tough.

Murph

For me it's Neil and Dylan and then everyone else....

Now for the "everyone else" MMJ is far and away number 1

ericm

Quote from: headhunter on Mar 06, 2015, 11:49 AM
Quote from: ericm on Mar 06, 2015, 07:59 AM

Bruce
Genesis
Grateful Dead

Hey you must be one of those old guys!  Probably over 40 or something like that!

Probably?  :wink:  :beer:

I'll take it though, and wouldn't ever trade  the great shows I was lucky enough to see over that time.
"Where's Jim going?"

Bulldog

Jaimoe

Around a dozen or more acts I like better, but MMJ are one of my fav bands of this century. 

EverythingChanges

Mmj is my number 1 followed by Wilco.

Pink Floyd has effected me in a way most other bands haven't.

Songs Ohia, Built to Spill, The National
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Bulldog

I'm down with the Floyd as well....

Mr. White

Pink Floyd
Grateful Dead
Led Zeppelin
Neil Young
Todd Rundgren
Tom Waits
Rush

My Morning Jacket is my favorite ACTIVE/MODERN band.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

johnnYYac

Currently, MMJ is tops.

Previous winners include:
Pink Floyd
Grateful Dead
Jimi Hendrix
Neil Young
Bob Dylan

Seems they're in good company!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jaimoe

MMJ would've remained in my all-time Top 10 if EU and Circuital were better (I must say Circuital marked a return to form, IMO, but still not up to the standard of Z or even the uneven It Still Moves).