"Spring (Among the Living)" download?!?

Started by Woldie, Mar 29, 2015, 07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woldie

Did anyone else notice the tweet about being able to download "Spring (Among the Living)" with an iTunes "The Waterfall" preorder?  I'm not seeing it on the iTunes store, and I'm wondering (even hoping) that this is not the case.
"The owls are not what they seem."

Tutofqueens

I saw that... Weird. I'm guessing it was an error by whoever runs the iTunes Music Twitter account and they meant to type "Big Decisions".

tapeface

New media is released on Tuesdays. Keep your eyes peeled...

Tuesday 3/31 coincides with the listening party MMJ is doing with Sonos. Makes sense to coordinate that with a 2nd track release one month before album release.

antonio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDjGnCvDOk4

From their official VEVO so it feels like fair game. (note, also available for purchase on iTunes)

TheDude

There is A LOT going on here, including what sounds like a Merrill Garbus cameo near the end.

I like it.
First Show: 05/22/06 Most Recent: 08/19/23 Total: 12

MOWJO8185

Oh my. Love this so much.

Also on Spotify.

dookie shoot bandit

What a great way to wake up!!!
Yesssssss!!!!!!!!

This song will be tons of fun LIVE!!!

Fully

This is great!  It will be a great live jam!  Perfect after this past winter too.

parkervb

agree that this is going to so great live.  Could see it as the show opener ala Victory Dance on Circuital tour
Don't you ever turn it off

sb_gli

Yes! 

That is definitely Merrill at the end of the song.

Robbman

Man oh man, this is great. You know how you get off the wall impressions of songs the first time you hear them? This sounded like it could have been from the Blade Runner soundtrack. Love the synth parts. Awesome song.

AlwxanderD10

Lonndown27

OHHHHHHHH SOOOOOO GOOD!!!! this album is going to be their most interesting collection yet  :smiley: ALL IS GREEAT IN JACKETLAND!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Woldie

So spending nearly $200 on Roll Call and a Deluxe vinyl package gets me zero early downloads, while spending $11.99 on iTunes gets you two? Trying really hard not to be grumpy about this, and not finding much success.
"The owls are not what they seem."

subinai

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 31, 2015, 08:19 AM
agree that this is going to so great live.  Could see it as the show opener ala Victory Dance on Circuital tour

had this same thought on the way into work this morning

jimsflyingv

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 31, 2015, 08:19 AM
Can not agree more....looking forward to hearing it live this fall in Cologne !!!

Nikkogino

Quote from: Woldie on Mar 31, 2015, 09:11 AM
So spending nearly $200 on Roll Call and a Deluxe vinyl package gets me zero early downloads, while spending $11.99 on iTunes gets you two? Trying really hard not to be grumpy about this, and not finding much success.
Get spotify and never be sad.

parkervb

Quote from: Woldie on Mar 31, 2015, 09:11 AM

the frustrating part has to be that all they need to do is give you a code to download the tracks. As much as they are putting into the marketing of this album and all the different packages, that something that simple hasn't been done for the people spending the most money. 
Don't you ever turn it off

MikeR1390

Sounds much more like a Jim solo track than the others. I'm diggin it.

MusiKel Mama

Holy fucking Fela. Even before I saw that Merrill was on this, it evoked his ghost. This is so wild and West African. Those repetitive riffs are super groovy and that holy howling makes you feel like a beast waking up from hibernation with stabbing hunger and sex pangs. Favorite.