Roll Call - Forest Hills

Started by parkervb, Jun 16, 2021, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itrainmonkeys

I was surprised  at now Brittany Howard guest last night.  Expecting makes no difference  (or maybe something  new??) tonight? 

I did love her starting  her set with hit it and quit it  yesterday.

subinai

the live stream is really awesome. wish they did this for more shows

dookie shoot bandit

Ok!!!!! "In color" has officially got me even more pumped for this new album!!!!!!

TheKnoxvilleBear

Man that was great. Thanks you, Nugs! 👏 🙏 Great setlist, but that Marvin Gaye cover was epic!!! Mercy Mercy Me, What Going On!!. Jim has talked a lot about how that album has meant so much to him, so for him to play that on this date during during this crazy time was perfect. Man!! What a show!! 👏 The boys are back!!!

walterfredo

The bear lyrics = bizarro.

That was fantastic!

subinai

hope somebody was able to capture the stream. would love to get the video/audio for that show. so good.

Jbpats

That show was special. Lost for words really.

Might have been the best Jim performance I've ever seen, that man owned that stage tonight.

Lucius

Definitely my favourite so far! This is the sort of thing I'd been hoping for exactly :headphones:
it wouldn't be a party without you

mdgsolo

Just amazing.  In Color, Mercy, and Steam Engine were highlights.  OBH came way too soon.  I was so hoping they would surprise us and come out for one more song but I'm not sad.  The boys crushed it tonight

Pineapple

Quote from: subinai on Sep 11, 2021, 11:25 PMhope somebody was able to capture the stream. would love to get the video/audio for that show. so good.

Any jacket stream is great, but this one was really on point. Great production and camera work; it seems like everybody involved did their homework and knew which band members to feature during specific parts of songs. Loved seeing Matt in the Hat and Analog Mike rocking out in the front row too!!
If you don't know yourself, how could you ever know me?

shumatec1012

I was in Queens last night- and wow. Might be the greatest Jacket show I've ever attended. It's funny because I was privately underwhelmed until they busted out " In Color" and then everything that came afterwards was absolute magic.

The best " Touch Me Part 2" jam I've ever heard- pretty neat how Jim riffed on " The Bear" towards the end. Overall this was an amazing first show back for me. I'm left wanting more!

Compared with the band a few years ago, when vibes were distant and weird- there's a real joy and closeness emanating from the stage.

Brittany Howard had me feeling high! I loved her set.

Jack D

Wow- last night's set was full of stuff I hadn't heard live, some deeper tracks, and an incredible pair of Marvin Gaye covers which MMJ "made their own"! "In Color" is easily my favorite of the first four songs off the upcoming album, and they nailed it in its live debut.

Coupled with Friday's set full of fan favorites, Brittany's powerhouse sets, and beautiful weather both nights, it was the perfect two-night stand. My live music soul is healed!

dcfire

#MOOD

Happy Sunday everyone.

Last night was one of the best in years. On par historic red rocks shows.

dcfire

ericm

Quote from: dcfire on Sep 12, 2021, 01:39 PM#MOOD

Happy Sunday everyone.

Last night was one of the best in years. On par historic red rocks shows.

I loved pretty much every minute of the webcast last night. Just wished there were a bit more minutes to enjoy and that's why I gotta give the RR shows the edge.

Performance wise last night is right up there no question, just unfair for me to compare because of the difference in set lengths.
"Where's Jim going?"

Come Closer

Yea fun show and all, but a 20 song set that has 10 post-Z tunes and is missing many of their best live songs is not in their top uh 100 shows at least.