Vaccine required for Chicago, NOLA, Denver?!!????

Started by Tjefferson, Aug 16, 2021, 11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

Quote from: Cameron on Aug 27, 2021, 05:04 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 27, 2021, 04:21 PMwhoever said all the people dying are unvaccinated is just not in reality.

The vast majority of those hospitalized are unvaccinated. If you're reading anything differently you should question the source. I work in healthcare and talk to doctors and nurses every single day. They ALL say the same thing.
of course they would, they're all pro-vaccine so it fits their narrative.
Like.....if you're trying to say they're all unvaccinated that's just a lie. Think about it....most of the people would be vaccinated cause of the vaccinations rising, right? most of the population has it....so it's already just not true right out of the gate.

Also, debate me on whatever you want, that's fine.
I just thought I needed to say some words to let those on here (who aren't buying into this charade either) know that I'm with you, we'll get through this and it sucks the band (along with many, Isbell being the worst culprit) have chosen to go down this route.
There's some, mostly on that facebook group, who cannot handle one single word said about the band that isn't covered in silken honeycomb shits....but I have to say, it's funny how usually the left loves freedom and non-censorship and allowing people to live their own lifestyles etc, but here they are trying to seriously legislate our bodies...fuck that.
That's why I'm a registered unaffiliated.
Btw, you don't have to show me your vaccination card for me to say I love you.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Cameron

Pineapple

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 27, 2021, 05:12 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 27, 2021, 04:21 PMwhoever said all the people dying are unvaccinated is just not in reality.

The vast majority of those hospitalized are unvaccinated. If you're reading anything differently you should question the source. I work in healthcare and talk to doctors and nurses every single day. They ALL say the same thing.
Like.....if you're trying to say they're all unvaccinated that's just a lie. Think about it....most of the people would be vaccinated cause of the vaccinations rising, right? most of the population has it....so it's already just not true right out of the gate.

I just thought I needed to say some words to let those on here (who aren't buying into this charade either) know that I'm with you, we'll get through this and it sucks the band (along with many, Isbell being the worst culprit) have chosen to go down this route.
There's some, mostly on that facebook group, who cannot handle one single word said about the band that isn't covered in silken honeycomb shits....but I have to say, it's funny how usually the left loves freedom and non-censorship and allowing people to live their own lifestyles etc, but here they are trying to seriously legislate our bodies...fuck that.

YIKES
If you don't know yourself, how could you ever know me?

Pineapple

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 27, 2021, 04:58 PMhate to see fans so grossly aggressive about this issue.
I believe in vaccines, just not one that was rushed as insanely fast as this one....and not one made by these pharma companies, hell no.
They're profiting big time off of this pandemic and they don't really give a damn if it's going to increase or decrease Covid from the population, it's all about making sure the money can keep rolling in for the big machine, that includes the concert industry.
Seeing fans go after each other over personal choices, sometimes beyond people's control like myself, is disgusting. This whole pro-vaxxer crusade is getting really gross, where anything from money to concerts to "you won't get as good of care if you're unvaccinated and have covid" are used as incentives to terrify and force decisions....
I don't like any of this.
I recently went and saw Wilco and Flaming Lips, 3/4 of the crowd were maskless.
That's the problem, not the vaccine. It's the damn masks that people need to be wearing and adhering to, and if they did, we could have concerts.
I love everybody on this forum, but frankly the lines that are being drawn about this are fucked up....anyone who's against your opinion must be "anti science" must be "pro Trump" must be really stupid, etc upon etc, like the unvaccinated are willingly killing people....
If you believe that, then look at the current rates of hospitalizations, which are higher than at ANY TIME during 2020, and you can see the vaccine is doing nothing but prolong this sense of "normalcy" while these rich fuckers line their pockets.

RESPECT PEOPLE...ALL PEOPLE...
I never see unvaccinated or anti-vaccine people going around and telling people DON'T TAKE THIS! DON'T TAKE THIS!
I only see the vaccinated freaking out at everyone like they're William Calley.

We are all going to look back on this era one day and say "my god...how could we get our Covid response so wrong? From the panic, the delirium of Summer 2020's violent chaos to now a segregationist, classist society based on what you've injected.

btw, listen to your doctor? my doctor has a master's in micro-biology and bio-pharmaceuticals and a lot of other fancy dancy things, and let me tell you this....that man isn't anti vaccine, he's not anti -mask, but he haaaaates this vaccine. He refused to take it, he tells any patients under the age of 40 not to, and I think the guy is awesome for actually researching something hardcore and questioning it, not just making up his mind and cutting off the other half of the population like they're lepers.

It's fucking disturbing........this is worse than Orwellian projections

Orwell was a fascist... we're not quite there yet.
If you don't know yourself, how could you ever know me?

Shug

Quote from: Stevie on Aug 18, 2021, 08:47 AMI should be allowed to drive drunk.  I have personal and/or religious reasons for not calling a cab and i dont exactly buy the "data" about alcohol related automobile deaths.  All that stuff is political.  My dad drove home from the bar 4-5 nights a week and never had a problem.  I hear they are now administering blood tests!  To me, thats a private health matter.   

First they take your keys, then they take your blood...this country is going to shit. 

Exactly. Illegal or not its unethical to drive drunk because of the high probability of killing someone else.  Its unethical right now to go to large gatherings of closely packed people unvaccinated and unmasked.

Personal freedom, for people who give a shit about anybody but themselves, ends when a behavior does harm to some one else.  Its the very simple ethos of the Grateful Deadheads - Do whatever you want as long as it doesn't hurt somebody else.  Freedom combined with kindness.  Freedom with out kindness is just selfish assholery
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Shug

Quote from: Pineapple on Aug 27, 2021, 08:22 PM

YIKES

Yikes is right.  Seriously?  The medical professionals who see firsthand people dying of COVID are lying by saying the vast majority of them are unvaccinated and they are lying because they want to spread a pro-vaccine conspiracy?  Vaccine makers sole motive is to make money not save lives?  Now those are some seriously cynical, illogical and just plain far fetched conclusions.  dude Lonndown, I dig your passion for MMJ music  but I see you projecting your own far fetched conspiracies onto people who are saying things based on actual events and science.

If you want to TRULY respect all people, either get vaccinated and wear a mask at large gatherings or if you choose not to, stay home in quarantine. You can have your personal freedom to not get vaccinated if its that imporant to you, but then take responsibility to not do harm to others by staying in quarantine.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

rkwedge

Well said Shug,  :beer:  unfortunately there's to much "Freedom without kindness is just selfish assholery" going on right now.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

RobRoy286

holy shit man...

mgriff73

slappymoe

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 27, 2021, 04:58 PMhate to see fans so grossly aggressive about this issue.
I believe in vaccines, just not one that was rushed as insanely fast as this one....and not one made by these pharma companies, hell no.
They're profiting big time off of this pandemic and they don't really give a damn if it's going to increase or decrease Covid from the population, it's all about making sure the money can keep rolling in for the big machine, that includes the concert industry.
Seeing fans go after each other over personal choices, sometimes beyond people's control like myself, is disgusting. This whole pro-vaxxer crusade is getting really gross, where anything from money to concerts to "you won't get as good of care if you're unvaccinated and have covid" are used as incentives to terrify and force decisions....
I don't like any of this.
I recently went and saw Wilco and Flaming Lips, 3/4 of the crowd were maskless.
That's the problem, not the vaccine. It's the damn masks that people need to be wearing and adhering to, and if they did, we could have concerts.
I love everybody on this forum, but frankly the lines that are being drawn about this are fucked up....anyone who's against your opinion must be "anti science" must be "pro Trump" must be really stupid, etc upon etc, like the unvaccinated are willingly killing people....
If you believe that, then look at the current rates of hospitalizations, which are higher than at ANY TIME during 2020, and you can see the vaccine is doing nothing but prolong this sense of "normalcy" while these rich fuckers line their pockets.

RESPECT PEOPLE...ALL PEOPLE...
I never see unvaccinated or anti-vaccine people going around and telling people DON'T TAKE THIS! DON'T TAKE THIS!
I only see the vaccinated freaking out at everyone like they're William Calley.

We are all going to look back on this era one day and say "my god...how could we get our Covid response so wrong? From the panic, the delirium of Summer 2020's violent chaos to now a segregationist, classist society based on what you've injected.

btw, listen to your doctor? my doctor has a master's in micro-biology and bio-pharmaceuticals and a lot of other fancy dancy things, and let me tell you this....that man isn't anti vaccine, he's not anti -mask, but he haaaaates this vaccine. He refused to take it, he tells any patients under the age of 40 not to, and I think the guy is awesome for actually researching something hardcore and questioning it, not just making up his mind and cutting off the other half of the population like they're lepers.

It's fucking disturbing........this is worse than Orwellian projections
roughly 1/4 of this once-great country is irretrievably broken.  it wouldn't be so horrifying to watch if they weren't dragging the rest of us down with them.

pzoo

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 27, 2021, 05:12 PMit fits their narrative.

You have a fascinating unscientific narrative yourself. Nice insight to what sort of self-important paranoia is killing us

ranyart

I'm old enough to remember getting the smallpox vaccine in school (!) as a first grader, and it was administered with this crazy scary gun looking setup that left a weird scar on everyone who got it.  Virtually everyone on this planet gets various vaccines at certain points in their lives and because of this diseases are able to be controlled and managed, at least to a certain extent, and some like smallpox have been completely eliminated from causing us trouble.  My brother in law just got through battling throat cancer that is caused by the HPV virus which now has its own vaccine, which he probably would have avoided if it would have been available when we were young and he would have gotten the vaccine.

I won't list the diseases that humankind has addressed with vaccines that everyone benefits from, and I really don't understand how this battle with COVID-19 and the vaccines that are here to fight it are any different.

But I still love everyone regardless, including folks in my own family and friends circle that feel this way, and you too Lonndown27.  I just don't understand why y'all feel the way you do plain and simple.

RobRoy286

Quote from: pzoo on Aug 29, 2021, 10:23 AM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 27, 2021, 05:12 PMit fits their narrative.

You have a fascinating unscientific narrative yourself. Nice insight to what sort of self-important paranoia is killing us
It's truly insane.

No one is forcing anyone to get a vaccine. Everyone, vaccinated or not, has access to food, water, shelter, ways to make income, fair legal representation, communication, etc. Going to a concert isn't a right, it's a privilege.

I got my vaccine for free. Everyone I know got their vaccine for free. These doctors and nurses, you know they're just people, right? If you have a literal diagram of how this whole process benefits my mother - who has seen a lot of young mothers die in the U of M NICU from Covid, I'd love to see it. Because it truly make zero sense.

You won't trust a vaccine from a pharma company? Who the hell else would make the vaccine? It's just funny to me how all these people suddenly are skeptical and so inquisitive of the health care system. Suddenly the doctors' dedication and expertise is debunked because some dude on an MMJ forum had the groundbreaking insight to "just think about it." If you start turning colors and burning and throwing up violently, I bet you would go to the hospital and let them treat you. I bet you wouldn't say "hey before you treat me, I'd like to do my own research because you're clearly just here to make money and you don't care if I die. Your reputation clearly doesn't depend on your patients surviving."

You wouldn't say that because you need help immediately. There are people who need help immediately. There will be people who need immediate help in the future - people who could've avoided needing that help if half our society wasn't so fucking obsessed with individualism.

Everyone want this to be over. EVERYONE. This whole "slippery slope" paranoia is so delusional. Someone mentioned it earlier - the reason this is the first time you've had to reveal your medical records for access to your "rights," is because THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED IN OUR LIFETIMES. This is an extraordinary situation, so there will be extraordinary (read, "not ordinary") measures taken to get out of it.

This is not genocide or ethnic cleansing. Seeing all of these (mostly) white males cry about being oppressed. Give me a fucking break.

For the record - I agree with the main premise of the OP. A negative test should get you in. But, bands and venues are exercising their fReEdOm to not invite whoever they want. Shouldn't you cheer on their patriotism?

I hate to further this argument but people who are spreading this conspiracy bullshit are categorically irresponsible.

Cameron

A lady that works for me won't get the vaccine for all the ridiculous reasons we've heard and won't get tested because she read the nasal swabs cause cancer but she'll shove soda and fast food down her throat 2 or 3 times a day without questioning it. Her brother died of Covid. These folks are just so dug in they can't admit they might not be the most educated on the subject.

pjl44

These threads are the ones you have to read and remember when someone is like "my buddy and I just need a ride to the next show" and you're like "sure I only know them from the internet but it's a MMJ forum so I'm sure it's cool"

Cameron

sillyboob

Some fantastic responses in this thread.  Let science lead the way.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

crooney

lonndown27, i love your contributions to this forum and your passion for the band.  however, on the covid/vaccine issue, you do not know of what you speak.  for the safety of the band and its fans, i would dial down your baseless ranting.

rkwedge

Quote from: michaelbusterkeaton219 on Aug 30, 2021, 01:47 PM-POST REMOVED-
Really dude? You obviously don't know this band or us at all. Hate is not in the vocabulary. I suggest you look within.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

good gravy...this got out of hand. I hope the moderators clean some of this up, specifically Keaton's post. That shit is out of bounds.

Lonn - i hope you are receptive to this data regarding the current situation with the cases/hospitalizations of unvaccinated people:

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/covid-19-vaccine-breakthrough-cases-data-from-the-states/

We're all trying to deal with the algorithmic overlords sowing distrust & encouraging disinformation so please try to be respectful to each other.

Don't you ever turn it off