• Welcome to My Morning Jacket Forum. Please login or sign up.

Vaccine required for Chicago, NOLA, Denver?!!????

Started by Tjefferson, Aug 16, 2021, 11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: michaelbusterkeaton219 on Aug 30, 2021, 01:44 PM-POST REMOVED- 

Woh. Dial this shit back a bit. It's not cool and totally uncalled for.

I 100% disagree with Lonn's COVID take here and wish he would get better info and change his thoughts but he's a passionate fan. Even if he wasn't and hardly posted at all, that still wouldn't make your post any less over the top, and a horrible thing to say to anyone.
"Where's Jim going?"

RobRoy286

Quote from: michaelbusterkeaton219 on Aug 30, 2021, 01:47 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 27, 2021, 05:12 PM
Quote from: Cameron on Aug 27, 2021, 05:04 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 27, 2021, 04:21 PMwhoever said all the people dying are unvaccinated is just not in reality.


The vast majority of those hospitalized are unvaccinated. If you're reading anything differently you should question the source. I work in healthcare and talk to doctors and nurses every single day. They ALL say the same thing.
of course they would, they're all pro-vaccine so it fits their narrative.
Like.....if you're trying to say they're all unvaccinated that's just a lie. Think about it....most of the people would be vaccinated cause of the vaccinations rising, right? most of the population has it....so it's already just not true right out of the gate.

Also, debate me on whatever you want, that's fine.
I just thought I needed to say some words to let those on here (who aren't buying into this charade either) know that I'm with you, we'll get through this and it sucks the band (along with many, Isbell being the worst culprit) have chosen to go down this route.
There's some, mostly on that facebook group, who cannot handle one single word said about the band that isn't covered in silken honeycomb shits....but I have to say, it's funny how usually the left loves freedom and non-censorship and allowing people to live their own lifestyles etc, but here they are trying to seriously legislate our bodies...fuck that.

Btw, you don't have to show me your vaccination card for me to say I love you.

-POST REMOVED-
Okay, looks like we have a new craziest person in the thread.

Completely uncalled for, man.

ranyart

Wow.  Unbelievable...  My beautiful wife is a school counselor and she literally does suicide assessments on a regular basis in part because of the language you see above.

I would suggest that the fans here who are having a relatively civilized discussion about this matter are doing it exactly because we love and care about each other even when we disagree.

At least that's where I'm coming from...

RobRoy286

Quote from: sillyboob on Aug 30, 2021, 06:34 PM
Quote from: michaelbusterkeaton219 on Aug 30, 2021, 01:44 PM-POST REMOVED-

Totally uncalled for.  Seriously, adjust your head or GTFO.
Clearly made the account just to post those comments. Makes me worried it's an alt account of someone else here.

Ugh, have we learned nothing at all?

ericm

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Aug 30, 2021, 08:06 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Aug 30, 2021, 06:34 PM
Quote from: michaelbusterkeaton219 on Aug 30, 2021, 01:44 PM-POST REMOVED-

Totally uncalled for.  Seriously, adjust your head or GTFO.
Clearly made the account just to post those comments. Makes me worried it's an alt account of someone else here.

Ugh, have we learned nothing at all?

Damn, that's some spot on thinking and I think you're exactly right.

Even though we disagree with him at least Lonn had the balls to not only air his thoughts but sign his name to them. Not so with this dupe account and it's sad to see people stooping to this level, instead of rising above and trying to actually be kind and helpful.

Thankfully this is the first time in all these years here I've ever seen a post like this, and it's not surprising at all for me to see them being called out for it. This place, like the band has always been about music, peace and love. Let's keep it that way.
"Where's Jim going?"

Bulldog

Quote from: michaelbusterkeaton219 on Aug 30, 2021, 01:47 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 27, 2021, 05:12 PM
Quote from: Cameron on Aug 27, 2021, 05:04 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 27, 2021, 04:21 PMwhoever said all the people dying are unvaccinated is just not in reality.


The vast majority of those hospitalized are unvaccinated. If you're reading anything differently you should question the source. I work in healthcare and talk to doctors and nurses every single day. They ALL say the same thing.
of course they would, they're all pro-vaccine so it fits their narrative.
Like.....if you're trying to say they're all unvaccinated that's just a lie. Think about it....most of the people would be vaccinated cause of the vaccinations rising, right? most of the population has it....so it's already just not true right out of the gate.

Also, debate me on whatever you want, that's fine.
I just thought I needed to say some words to let those on here (who aren't buying into this charade either) know that I'm with you, we'll get through this and it sucks the band (along with many, Isbell being the worst culprit) have chosen to go down this route.
There's some, mostly on that facebook group, who cannot handle one single word said about the band that isn't covered in silken honeycomb shits....but I have to say, it's funny how usually the left loves freedom and non-censorship and allowing people to live their own lifestyles etc, but here they are trying to seriously legislate our bodies...fuck that.

Btw, you don't have to show me your vaccination card for me to say I love you.

-POST REMOVED-

WOW... I choose to keep my opinions largely to myself on such a polarizing subject (just looking at this thread hurts my soul) and while I may not agree with Lon on everything Lon is indeed a rockstar with an unsurpassed passion for this band.

If he feels the need to voice an opposing opinion more power to him, however....U sir are just plain evil, I"ve seen to much hurt and pain in others to allow such cowardly words. Nameless faceless posts from haters out to stir the pot and cause pain in others are the real enemy and YOU sir are that enemy.

Lon my brother I'll buy you a beer and talk opposing views any day.

pjl44

Quote from: pjl44 on Aug 29, 2021, 02:14 PMThese threads are the ones you have to read and remember when someone is like "my buddy and I just need a ride to the next show" and you're like "sure I only know them from the internet but it's a MMJ forum so I'm sure it's cool"

CC

Posts and user have been removed.

Thanks to everyone else for keeping it civil.


RobRoy286

Quote from: CC on Aug 31, 2021, 06:34 AMPosts and user have been removed.

Thanks to everyone else for keeping it civil.


Now, back to regularly scheduled programming  :beer:

sillyboob

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Aug 31, 2021, 09:41 AM
Quote from: CC on Aug 31, 2021, 06:34 AMPosts and user have been removed.

Thanks to everyone else for keeping it civil.


Now, back to regularly scheduled programming  :beer:

I see what you did there.  And I applaud it.   :thumbsup:
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Come Closer

I never know whether to laugh or cry at the whole "Covid is all fear mongering...but that vaccine, that's what you gotta watch out for!" notion.

Lonndown27

Covid is definitely very much real and very much deadly, in fact deadlier than they claim with longer lasting effects of which we still have no idea about. Which is why I hope they're preparing a vaccine that can really do the job without the bizarre side effects caused by the rushed process.

Never has to be one extreme or the other with this. In fact, I feel safest on board neither extreme.
I believe in masks 100%.
MMJ: 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17 (JIM): 11/5/2018

Cameron

What side effects? Nothing was rushed. They've been working on this type of vaccine for TWENTY YEARS!

ericm

Quote from: Cameron on Sep 07, 2021, 07:22 PMWhat side effects? Nothing was rushed. They've been working on this type of vaccine for TWENTY YEARS!

Yup, and it seems the mRNA technology is the future of all vaccines, and hopefully some cures to disease as well.

As for side effects, they're pretty much common in so many things we take from scripts to over the counter meds. I had little to none from the Pfizer except a little bit of soreness at the injection site (way less than my last Tetanus shot) and a little fatigue  for a day after the 2nd dose.

On a side note, I had a heart procedure a few years back and for the first year or so dealt with lightheadedness, some shortness of breath,and I bled and bruised really easy from even the slightest nick because of the  side effects of my meds. I learned what to expect and how to deal with them. Didn't like it, but it sure beat the alternative of pushing up daisies.
"Where's Jim going?"

RobRoy286

Yeah, what side effects?

Ugh.

Dude, I'm sorry, but what do you know about vaccines? About medicine in general?

People dedicate their fucking lives to researching and understanding this stuff.

Just because COVID-19 is a "new" virus, doesn't mean they have zero understanding of it. Science builds off itself. It's not like Rudy Golbert tested positive for the virus and then the scientists rushed out of their houses down to the lab to mix up some random chemicals and hope for the best. I mean come on. There are viruses that aren't here yet, but that doesn't mean we don't understand them at all. Scientists are proactive and are already working on avoiding this situation in the future.

Lonn, I'll echo the sentiments of everyone here that I've always loved your contributions to the site. But you're out of your lane here. You've backed down on the conspiracy pushing and are now just landing on the aspect of it being "rushed."

Remember when this all started, how unifying it was? How we all had a common enemy? How doctors and scientists were heroes? Now suddenly everyone knows better than them because they're tired of life being hard.

RobRoy286

We'll get through this. I'm glad we've been able to discuss this civilly, for the most part. I apologize if I've come off as disrespectful. It's so easy for conversations to turn to shit when they're done with keyboards. I think if we were all in a room together the discussions would be even better (apply that to every single conversation in the world today).

Lonn, mad respect for putting your name on your opinions and not being defensive. It's hard to face criticism and you've done so gracefully. My stance is against your opinion, not against you. Just wanted to clear that up.

parkervb

these vaccines do have side effects however rare. My friends mother got what the doctors called "vaccine related pneumonia" and has now had to have a pacemaker put in because of vascular issues attributed to the vaccine. Their is also this risk of Guillain-Barre syndrome from J&J vaccine, though again, it's rare.

These cases are in the significant minority and can be expected when we're talking about vaccination on the scale we've seen over the last year.

Like many things with this virus, there are nearly no absolutes and new information becomes available all the time so if we all keep that in mind, I think we can have better conversations.
Don't you ever turn it off

iLikeBeer

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Sep 08, 2021, 06:02 AMRemember when this all started, how unifying it was? How we all had a common enemy? How doctors and scientists were heroes? Now suddenly everyone knows better than them because they're tired of life being hard.

I think this all turned on its head when Trump's operation warp speed didn't meet his deadline of getting approval before the election.  Had the vaccine been approved under Trumps watch all of these anti-vaxers and vax conspiracy theorists would have been first in line to get the vaccine?!?!  And the speed of the development would have been an after thought!  Hell, speed was in the name he gave it in Operation WARP SPEED?!?! 

But now, because the vaccine wasn't rushed enough to get it out before the election which factored in Trump losing the election, the speed of the process seems to be the #1 reason anti-vaxers don't want the vaccine?!?!  Makes a hell of a lot of sense don't it???   :rolleyes:

Shug

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/09/08/vaccine-mandate-strong-supreme-court-precedent-510280?utm_source=pocket-newtab


"Could Harlan's notion of competing freedoms transform the still-simmering debate over vaccine mandates, which now seem more possible with full FDA approval of the various vaccines either in place or on the horizon? Certainly, he offers a powerful rebuttal to those who feel that personal liberty is only in play when someone is compelled to be vaccinated: The Jacobson holding suggests that other people, from co-workers to classmates to neighbors, have a corresponding liberty interest in being free from infectious disease. Like those who inhale passive smoke, they, too, are affected by a decision that others deem a matter of personal choice.

And the court's ruling makes clear that a community in danger has every right to protect itself."
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"