Main Menu

Hey, I'm New

Started by Nikkogino, Apr 26, 2005, 09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkogino

Hey, I'm a new fan of the band...I just bought "It Still Moves" and I am very pleased.  My question is, what album should I get next????

Also, what songs should I get on i-tunes in the meantime?  Thanks guys.

P.S.  My favorite songs on ISM are One Big Holiday, Run Thru, Just One Thing, and Steam Engine..

SMc55

Welcome  :D

I'd say At Dawn is a must for your next album. Once you get started though you'll want it all  8)

EC

QuoteWelcome Ê:D

I'd say At Dawn is a must for your next album. Once you get started though you'll want it all Ê8)

I agree with the doctor.  I'd get At Dawn next, followed by Tennessee Fire, and then start to go nuts with all of the awesome EPs and early recordings.  (Actually, I would DEFINITELY get Acoustic Citsuoca after TF, and then move from there.)

Welcome to the fun!! :)

Drunkre

I've got a couple of live albums (one from Ontario, and one from Atlanta) that I can burn for you if you mail me some cds and a return envelope (self addressed/stamped).
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

EC

Which Ontario show do you have?  Lee's Palace?  Soundscapes?  Opera House?

Drunkre

You know what?  I have no earthly idea.  I know its from 2003, and that they are sounding pretty rough by the end of the show (not that they suck; just it must have been a really bad day, or near the end of a run of shows or something).

EC

QuoteYou know what? ÊI have no earthly idea. ÊI know its from 2003, and that they are sounding pretty rough by the end of the show (not that they suck; just it must have been a really bad day, or near the end of a run of shows or something).

It's probably Lee's Palace, then.  Jim did an acoustic solo show during the day at Soundscapes.  (I think that's right)  So they were probably ti-yerd.  They're such truckers.   :-/

Nikkogino

Thanks bitches!!!!!!!!!

By the way...is At Dawn a slower album than ISM or is it mor remeniscent of "One Big Holiday"  Thanks again guys.

EC

Hm.  It's not necessarily like One Big Holiday.  But it's not not like that, either.  I guess it's a little slower, but it just kind of stands on its own.

It's very awesome.

SMc55

QuoteThanks bitches!!!!!!!!!

???

peanut butter puddin surprise

i'm confused as well
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

(I looked at it as a term of endearment?)

SMc55

EC

(heh.  perhaps i was deluding myself into not feeling bad about it.  people say "bitches" in the same context that they may say "homies" or "peeps", which is translated to "friends".  maybe they don't do that in england...  i'm not hugely "down" with it.)

CC

Quote(I looked at it as a term of endearment?)

I think you're right ;D

nikkogino, you HAVE to get At Dawn. it's bitchin!

Nikkogino

it was very sincere... and very sarcastic.  Thanks for the friendly replies though.  I will surely pick up At Dawn...I'll have to order it online probably because our music stores down here suck and Best Buy only has ISM.  Thanks again guys...this board is very friendly.
I still think you are bitches though.

EC

Perhaps this is a good time to revisit hellaciousc's song called "Bitches".  http://www.clayford.net/hutch/ Just click on the Bitches.  But make sure to take note of the AMAZING, rad yellow pants with special triangles on the cuffs.  ;)

Drunkre

Quote(I looked at it as a term of endearment?)

In that spirit, then.  You guys are all a lot of dirty ass, motherfarking, sonofawhores.  So, in the words of Ice Cube, "Fuck, all ya'll."

EC

QuoteIn that spirit, then.  You guys are all a lot of dirty ass, motherfarking, sonofawhores.  So, in the words of Ice Cube, "Fuck, all ya'll."
Thanks, drunkre - that's so sweet!  :)

peanut butter puddin surprise

we don't need no water... ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there