Spin - MMJ one of top 15 hottest upcoming releases

Started by sweatboard, Aug 29, 2005, 09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Here is what the Spin article says........

Tune in, turn on, freak out:  Kentucky's bearded ones return with two new members for more raise-your-pabst-can classic rock, slow-moaned ballads, and.......a circus waltz about a baby in a blender?  "We were all doing massive amounts of psychedelic drugs," says singer Jim James.  Speaking of drugs........: "We called the record Z because it's the 26th letter of the alphabet, it can easily be bent into the shape of a triangle, and if you knock one of its legs off, it turns into a seven." Southern Comfort:  The quintet have added roller-rink keyboards and '60s-inspired slolw-dance numbers to thier country rock, while James increasingly relies on yee-aaahhs and whoa-oohs.  "I'm kind of shy, and I don't really know what to say in a lot of situations.  So sometimes I just howl"

I told you there was an awesome reason for naming the album Z, and now you have three, I'm sure there are even more to come.  I think next time a journalist ask's Jim, "Why Z?" He should just respond........................"Exactly!"
There's Still Time.........

EC

Quote'60s-inspired slolw-dance numbers
YES!!!

That's it.  We're having a fucking slowdance party on October 4th at my house.  You're all invited.  :)

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

peanut butter puddin surprise

that's an awesome article.  thanx for posting that.  seems like the hive is buzzing already!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

whothrewthecake

YES!!!

That's it. ÊWe're having a fucking slowdance party on October 4th at my house. ÊYou're all invited. Ê:)

EC, this party will be especially sweet for first-time listeners!  ;)

EC

EC, this party will be especially sweet for first-time listeners!  ;)
Listeners AND dancers!!  ;)

whothrewthecake

Listeners AND dancers!! Ê;)

please tell me it can be completely 60s themed and i can wear a fab cocktail dress and a beehive.

EC

Quoteplease tell me it can be completely 60s themed and i can wear a fab cocktail dress and a beehive.
Dude, that's required.  :)

whothrewthecake

Dude, that's required. æ:)

i'm already there. Ê8)
p.s. i wish there was a beehive smiley.

EC

i'm already there. Ê8)
p.s. i wish there was a beehive smiley.
lemme see what I can do...

EC

Dear whothrewthecake:

My friend Rob made this just for you:
Feel freeeeeee to use it as you'd like, lady.

(isn't that fun?) :)

dragonboy

QuoteMy friend Rob made this just for you:

EC that is indeed very funny! You make me laugh ;D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EC

QuoteEC that is indeed very funny! You make me laugh ;D
Yay!  I'm glad I make you laugh.  That's really nice.  :)

whothrewthecake

QuoteDear whothrewthecake:

My friend Rob made this just for you:

GET OUT OF TOWN! that is hilarious!
thank you, EC, and thank you Rob.
i can't wait to express my inner beehive.

EC

Man, I couldn't wait for you to see that.  Huzzah!