MMJ Tribute Record Volume II - the goods are here

Started by EC, Aug 25, 2005, 06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willy_Glen

thanks EC

u sound amazing...very pretty.

i think it's u singing....

Oz

Hey, I just had an idea this afternoon. How about making a tribute to Z? We could all pick a song from the album, maybe also 'Chills' and 'How do you know?' and then make a fan-edition of Z. I would love to do something with 'Wordless chorus', if only to try to make it sound even more like Prince... :)
I'm ready when you are

corey

I think that sounds cool.

When I talked to Patrick after the show in BHAM, he said that he is really interested to hear how the fans interpret some of those songs.

Maybe we can start organizing it soon.

EC

I pick Into The Woods.  (please) :)  I think the autoharp will like that song.

tomEisenbraun

hmmmm....

dondante?

or how could i know?

dangit.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

ummmm, Tom.  C'mon.  YOU have to do How Could I Know.  As if.

;)

tomEisenbraun

yeah....

I know. Dang, it's such a tossup though. I've really begun to love Dondante in the past couple of days. It's the kind of song to tear you in half, and I have no idea whether or not i could do it.

But, I guess since i did fiure out the tab for Oxen and it is seriously one of hte best songs ever written, that i will most certainly cover it.

tomEisenbraun

ok yeah, I'm definitely in for How Could I Know.

should i start gettin on it? or when do you think we're gonna set a dealine for? end of january, maybe?

and could I possibly help out with the artwork for this one? I have an idea or two.

EC

Corey, where you at?

It would be great if you have ideas for artwork, Tom. :)

corey

Hey all.
Maybe we should start a new thread for organization of the next one.

Let's not set a deadline yet. We can start working on them and see where everyone is in the next month or two. Honestly, this isn't a great time to try to get it organized. One of the DBT tributes that I did was around this time and everyone puts everything off because of school, work, holidays. Thanksgiving is just around the corner, then Christmas right after that. This sort of project gets pushed back in people's priority lists.

So let's not structure anything just yet. I'm actually even OK if there are more than 1 version of the same song since we don't have that many to choose from since we're just gonna do "Z" stuff. It's a lot easier to spread songs out when we were pulling from 3 albums, 2 Early Recordings, and various mp3s.

Maybe we can do a deadline for sometime at the end of January. That would give people time to start a project now and maybe finish it after the holidays.... or start it fresh right after the holidays in some cases.  :)

Thoughts?

tomEisenbraun

sounds good. but might as well at least get the ideas rollin and introduce the thought with a thread about it.  don't have to get super-serious about it yet, but rather start gettin people thinkin about what they can do for it and whatnot. I mean, we still have to figure all these songs out too, so it won't be horribly quick.

this should rock.

:)

EC

DD

im in.  ill start working soon.  i need to listen to the song a few more times to get it in my head and then put something together.

itd be a great idea to start a new thread on this one.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

tomEisenbraun

EC