What MMJ song does it for you?

Started by maddon, Jan 19, 2006, 01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddon

What MMJ tune gives you goosebumps, sends the tingle up the spine and makes you nearly weep, scream & shout or gets you to close your eyes & sing your heart out?

I think the guys have a quite a few tracks that do all the above, but for me personally....

1) Steam Engine.
2) Burmuda Highway (Preferably the KVRX version)
3) I Will sing you songs.

Get's me every time!!!

I'm sure this has been done before, I just couldn't find it.  So please lock this down if need be.  Dont wanna be a nuisance. ;)
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

tomEisenbraun

I'll agree with Steam Engine there.

Gotta say Golden does it too. And strangely enough (this osng has it's ahters out there) One In The Same.

And Dondante. Holy shit Dondante.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

maddon

QuoteI'll agree with Steam Engine there.

Gotta say Golden does it too. And strangely enough (this osng has it's ahters out there) One In The Same.

And Dondante. Holy shit Dondante.

I forgot about Golden!  Add that to me list now!  Cheers Tom.
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

Sleazy Rider

Run Thru
Come Closer
Steam Engine
Alot of their music is straight baby makin' music. I love it.
Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.

JacketGal

Steam Engine (yes, lots of mindshare here)
Bermuda Highway
Rollin Back
I Will Sing You Songs
Xmas Curtain
Golden
Dondonte
It Beats4U

I don't think One in the Same is an odd choice, it's goddamn freakin beautiful!

ummm, ,getting the feeling here that most Jacket songs 'do it' for me but some a bit more than others! ;D
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

wellfleet

Run Thru
Golden
XMas Curtain
Off the Record

they make me go AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH  :o :o :o :o :o :o
everything sucks. really.

ben grimm

peanut butter puddin surprise

I guess it depends on when you ask me  :)

right now

Gideon
It Beats 4 U
Mahgeetah
The Way that He Sings

ask me in an hour, I may have a completely different list!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

tomEisenbraun

Oh yeah, I forgot Where to Begin. I think my iTunes playcount on that song is in the 50s or so. There was a few days right after i got it where i'd just put it on repeat and melt into it.

That said, I Will Sing You Songs is just damned amazing. And live...whoo boy.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

saki

this list would change for me depending on which day you're asking...but I'd say these are three that I always want to hear over and over again:

1.  I will sing you songs
2.  lowdown
3.  If all else fails

I know that the last one doesn't seem to be on most people's list and I wonder why sometimes.  Anyone else love "If all else fails."  That song gives me chills.

BH

How about all of them.

Actually it changes daily but here's a few for ya that havn't been listed yet.

1)Wordless Chourus - Tell me when your in your car and you got it cranked up you don't start yelling "HOOOOOO" at the top of your lungs.  I can't even wait until Jim starts howling, I start doing it early and I get that tingle in my neck.

2)I will be there when you die - (2 meter sessions) with the Sunrides and the Girls Scream opening.  Wow.

3)Tyrone cover - This one is really great R&B style that is a good departure and shows MMJ's range.

4)Mother - I know I keep mentioning this on the forum but good gawd, if you havn't heard it, you must download it.  It's not available on anything but an old Darla sampler.

Oh, and put "Why Don't You Love Me?" on some night when your hammered and turn the volume up to 11 and hold on.

and, Steam Engine makes me cry so there ya go.....
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

tdan

QuoteOh yeah, I forgot Where to Begin. I think my iTunes playcount on that song is in the 50s or so. There was a few days right after i got it where i'd just put it on repeat and melt into it.

That said, I Will Sing You Songs is just damned amazing. And live...whoo boy.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

Easy Morning Rebel

I agree with tomEisenbraun about "One in the Same". That song freaking gives me chills.

And then also:

Bermuda Highway
Steam Engine
Golden
The Way That He Sings
I Needed It Most
Death Is the Easy Way
They Ran
Evelyn is Not Real

Yeah, that's them I guess,  but then it depends on what mood I'm into. It may be change then. I guess my list would look completely different in a few hours.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

ycartrob

Strangulation

The LIVE version of War Begun, the one they were doing on the Winter 2004 tour (Check out the Cats Cradle version fron Jan 2004)

Steam Engine

I Needed It Most

Lowdown/Way He Sings (the first 2 that hooked me)

Hopefully/Bermuda Hwy (the second 2 that hooked me)

Mahgeetah (LIVE)

O Is the One (again, LIVE)

I Think I Am Going to Hell

I Will Be There When You Die

Lay Low

for now, that's it. Subject to change

Clarkwork

For me It is the At Dawn trilogy of:

Death Is The Easy Way
Hopefully
Bermuda Highway

Hearing those songs back to back to back is a beautiful thing.  
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Chills

1)Wordless Chourus - Tell me when your in your car and you got it cranked up you don't start yelling "HOOOOOO" at the top of your lungs.  .

Yep, me too, can't help it
 :)

EC

Yep, me too, can't help it
:)

Car shmar.  I did it on the street the other day.  ;)  No jokes.  The hooooos happen about 4 times a day in my house, and it's not just me doin' em.  :)

wellfleet

i used to suffer from "listening-to-music-in-my-own-private-universe disease" where i would sing along to whatever was playing on my walkman/discman/ipod. lucky for me i have a good singing voice... but invariably, one of two things would happen. i would either get the "is she deranged?" glare or the "wow, she's so happy and carefree" smile. i say if you want to do the viking yawp along with "into the woods", more freakin' power to you. down with gloomy people. hoorah for happy people.
everything sucks. really.

sweatboard

These Days............

Phone Went West
By My Car
Don Dante
Smashes Down
I Will Sing You Songs
I Needed It Most
Anytime
There's Still Time.........

beammeup