AcousticitsuocA

Started by eiseyrokker, Jan 28, 2006, 04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob

That's great! Would've never heard it otherwise. Thanks!
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

JacketGal

Thanks Tom! A perfect start to Monday! Listened to Z coming in and  By My Car was a great chaser! Cheers!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Dee.

dragonboy

I can't stop playing this track, it's just so beautiful.
If I ever get to see Jim play solo I swear I'll spend the whole concert in tears.
Thanks again Tom.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

rob

When Acoustic Citsuoca came out, I remember reading.....maybe here?.....that it wasn't recorded in front of an audience at all, and that the applause/hooting/hollering was added in later. It wouldn't diminish my appreciation of it, but I'm just wondering if this is true or not.  ???
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

tomEisenbraun

haha, there was definitely an audience. i think these are rarities from a couple live shows over the year that they decided to record. someone else like aMD can verify what shows they probably were.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Jon T.

QuoteWhen Acoustic Citsuoca came out, I remember reading.....maybe here?.....that it wasn't recorded in front of an audience at all, and that the applause/hooting/hollering was added in later. It wouldn't diminish my appreciation of it, but I'm just wondering if this is true or not.

That is strange.  I get the same feeling listening to Okonokos.  There are some parts that sound "dubbed" in.  In particularly during Wordless Chorus, after Jim sings "We are the innovators".  There is a loud cheer from pretty much only female voices.   It just doesn't sound right to me.  Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

CC

QuoteThat is strange.  I get the same feeling listening to Okonokos.  There are some parts that sound "dubbed" in.  In particularly during Wordless Chorus, after Jim sings "We are the innovators".  There is a loud cheer from pretty much only female voices.   It just doesn't sound right to me.  Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

That's no dub, those females were really cheering their asses off during that part of Wordless Chorus. I clearly remember it because one of em had wings.

ycartrob

That is strange.  I get the same feeling listening to Okonokos.  There are some parts that sound "dubbed" in.  In particularly during Wordless Chorus, after Jim sings "We are the innovators".  There is a loud cheer from pretty much only female voices.   It just doesn't sound right to me.  Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Okonokos won't play on my CD player yet.

CC

QuoteWhen Acoustic Citsuoca came out, I remember reading.....maybe here?.....that it wasn't recorded in front of an audience at all, and that the applause/hooting/hollering was added in later. It wouldn't diminish my appreciation of it, but I'm just wondering if this is true or not.  ???

I believe it was recorded in Austin, Dallas and Athens in October 2003... in front of an audience.

sweatboard

I guess it's just the way the mix is on Okonokos, because it (crowd noise) does all SOUND dubbed in.  I'm guessing they were spiking what the audience mic recorded at certain points.
There's Still Time.........

realdeal

Quotehttp://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1YG9YQ813A9TB24X44MZFOO7KU

enjoi

its telling me that page can't be found. any ideas??

Jon T.

QuoteThat's no dub, those females were really cheering their asses off during that part of Wordless Chorus. I clearly remember it because one of em had wings.

Thanks.  That's good to know.  I thought it was pretty damn cool either way, but it's even better that it was real.

dragonboy

QuoteOkonokos won't play on my CD player yet.
Very good point Sir!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

tomEisenbraun

check yer damn pm's, tracy, sir
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

jrat

noooooo its not werking for me!!!!  awwww piss
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd