May 1999
April 2001
September 2003
October 2005

Worst Case Scenario  -  2 years 5 months
March 2008

My Prediction
November 2007

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

DaFunkyPrecedent

this is the best post yet!

I LIKE COSMIC SWAMP BOOGIE.  

I predict a sound that is comparable to widespread but less twangy.  this album will make us dance and dance and dance and then we'll throw some glow sticks and then dance somemore.  

I cant wait to see it all live! its going be a show of all shows.  all the music together.  acoustic.  dance. soul. covers.  country.  MAGIC!
God damn those shaky knees.

steelyB

concept album coming up??? maybe? ;)

BH

I love the idea of a rock opera or the soundtrack to an artistic foreign film similar to La Vallee or More.  Maybe not this album, but someday.  Someday.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

All of this anticipation about whatever Jim is writing... watch the album be totally instrumental.

Suckers.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

The Big Come Up

I think the new album will sound like brian wilson and jimmy page teaming up to produce a prince album. sweet.

The DARK

I like the imagery that gives me.  :)
In another time, in another place, in another face

saki

Recently, I've seen Jim and company playing "Tonight I want to celebrate with you," alot.  So, I'm wondering if they might choose to re-record this song for the new album.  The last time I saw it played was their last session with morning becomes eclectic out west and Jim played that weird instrument that's like a keyboard of some kind.  What instrument is that by the way?  And do ya'll think it's possible they may re-record that song for the new album?  I think it would be killer.  That's a great song.  And it would be fitting because they really have everything to celebrate for.

The DARK

I wouldn't think so, but this song deserves some sort of re-recording. And I think it's an omnichord that he's playing.
In another time, in another place, in another face

aMD

rerecording is not their style.  I'd still love for them to rerecord the entire Tennesse Fire.  If I keep saying it maybe they will on the 20th anniversary of the album or something.

Yeah, that instrument is an omnichord.

steelyB

weren't they going to release the demos from Tennessee Fire or did I just dream that up?

cmccubbin@work

Quoteweren't they going to release the demos from Tennessee Fire or did I just dream that up?

they have been scheduled for re-release for about 2-3 yrs now!
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

megisnotreal

you know how when you pick up a seashell and hold it to your ear the sound you hear is, like, intense and delicate at the same time? and no matter how bad of a day you've had or blahblahwhatnot, you just put that shell up to your ear and you're happy again? and how that sound seems so magical and unique that it reminds you of how the world is inherently beautiful?

i think that's what the new album's gonna sound like.