If All Else Fails

Started by The_DARK, Apr 30, 2007, 10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

I am being totally honest here: In the time that I've been reading the posts on this forum (since last November I think), this song is the only one that I have never heard anyone mention, other than a few songs from Early Recordings. This shocks me: it is one of my favorite songs on Tennessee Fire, and by default one of my all-time favorite MMJ songs. Not played live on the tour, not listed in underrated lists, etc. This song is more than underrated, it is one of their best.

And does anyone have a live version of this? I would love to hear it.  :)
In another time, in another place, in another face

c_arias1979

i've just assumed its not on any underrated songs list because it is in fact one of their best songs.

BH

If It Smashes Down and If All Else Fails are the only songs from the big 4 albums that I havn't ever found live.  

Magnix?  George?   Ever run accross either of these two gems?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

whothrewthecake

i love this song. i like listening to it really loud when it's cold outside and CHRISTMAS TIME. it just reminds me of winter for some reason. man i love christmas

The DARK

QuoteIf It Smashes Down and If All Else Fails are the only songs from the big 4 albums that I havn't ever found live.  

Magnix?  George?   Ever run accross either of these two gems?

Never played live??? Maybe they'll break it out on the next tour.  :)

realdeal

As well as 'One In The Same' from ISM. Never ever heard that live.

aMD

QuoteAs well as 'One In The Same' from ISM. Never ever heard that live.

"they" (meaning jim at a mmj show) played it live a handful of times in 2003 including their show from the Bowery in NY in February of that year.

BH

QuoteAs well as 'One In The Same' from ISM. Never ever heard that live.

Archive.org
6-5-04
6-8-04
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

The 6-5 show is streamable (word?) and also has a great version of Cobra as well as a How Do You Know? and a How Could I Know? dontcha know.

Oh, and some guy by the name of M. plays harmonica and sings on Death Is The Easy Way. ;)

katkillad

Definately Z, but probably because I was still listening to all of their previous albums continuously.  When I finally got into z, i started liking the songs I didn't like at first most on that album...

It was a strange process.  It's still the album I listen to least, but its pretty incredible.

The DARK

QuoteDefinately Z, but probably because I was still listening to all of their previous albums continuously.  When I finally got into z, i started liking the songs I didn't like at first most on that album...

It was a strange process.  It's still the album I listen to least, but its pretty incredible.

Errr...Wrong thread?