Main Menu

At Dawn LP

Started by c_arias1979, Apr 23, 2007, 03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c_arias1979

Does anyone know exactly how many copies of At Dawn on vinyl exist?

sweatboard

That's a good question, I think Darla was responsible for the first pressing and I want to say they pressed 1000.  Then I think Witchita did a second pressing and I have no idea whatsover how many they would have pressed.  I need to see which ones I have.
There's Still Time.........

CC

Darla: 1000
Wichita (UK): 900

I think that's about it.

c_arias1979

aMD

QuoteThat's a good question, I think Darla was responsible for the first pressing and I want to say they pressed 1000.  Then I think Witchita did a second pressing and I have no idea whatsover how many they would have pressed.  I need to see which ones I have.

ones?  are you looking to get rid of one?

sweatboard

You know if I had one I was going to let go I would hook you up.  Unfortunatly, I have the copy that I play and I have one backup copy (in an airlocked safe in sweden) you know, just so if something happens to the one I play (I spilled a full beer on one of my records once).  If I spilled a beer on my copy of At Dawn I'd probably stop drinking.........at least in the same room as my record player.  

I think I heard somewhere that Darla was considering another pressing.  I would guess that within the next two or three years that will be a lock to happen.  

c_arias1979

man that would be great if they did another pressing. I still find myself in disbelief at how amazing this record is.

sweatboard

I get your drift...It's the most most amazing record that mankind has ever created..it needs another pressing. (period)

Chico

QuoteYou know if I had one I was going to let go I would hook you up.  Unfortunatly, I have the copy that I play and I have one backup copy (in an airlocked safe in sweden) you know, just so if something happens to the one I play (I spilled a full beer on one of my records once).  If I spilled a beer on my copy of At Dawn I'd probably stop drinking.........at least in the same room as my record player.  

I think I heard somewhere that Darla was considering another pressing.  I would guess that within the next two or three years that will be a lock to happen.  

I don't drink (much) when listening to at dawn on vinyl.  Just 1 or 2 beers to keep my hands from shaking too much when I handle it.

MMJ_fanatic

That would suck since it would drive down the value of original releases.  I guess you could distinguish between the pressings by calling the originals "First edition" and the late pressings "Second edition".
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Chico

That would suck since it would drive down the value of original releases.  I guess you could distinguish between the pressings by calling the originals "First edition" and the late pressings "Second edition".

What would really suck is that I would have to buy it again.  I don't much care about the value since I am never selling!  :-)

aMD

a copy just went on ebay for $120.  that's too rich for me.  at this point i think i'm going to have to cross my fingers and hope that they rerelease this one.  the dude at underground sounds told me they plan to, but i don't know where he heard that.