i have the answer

Started by whothrewthecake, Apr 22, 2008, 06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whothrewthecake

i haven't listened to the album, but i mean, dangit, these threads are bananas. and people are gonna have an opinion on EVERYTHING - that's just life. i know that's kind of a NO DOY sitch, but i guess i dislike seeing people getting pissy to one another on here. 2008 ELEVATE MY BABIES. listen to it, don't listen to it, review it, don't review it - the bottom line, in the words of my good friend billy joel,

Hot funk, cool punk, even if it's old junk
It's still rock and roll to me

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

time for my daily cry and whiskey. see ya laters !!!!

Don Dante

Quotei haven't listened to the album, but i mean, dangit, these threads are bananas. and people are gonna have an opinion on EVERYTHING - that's just life. i know that's kind of a NO DOY sitch, but i guess i dislike seeing people getting pissy to one another on here. 2008 ELEVATE MY BABIES. listen to it, don't listen to it, review it, don't review it - the bottom line, in the words of my good friend billy joel,

Hot funk, cool punk, even if it's old junk
It's still rock and roll to me

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

time for my daily cry and whiskey. see ya laters !!!!

Thank you for writing what was on my mind.  Everyone is very agitated today and these posts of dislke, frustration, and downright meanness are really wearing on me.   Though I do not post that often, I have been checking this forum on a daily basis for over a year now, and I would like to say to any new folks that this ain't how it usually is.  Most all fans and posters on this forum are exceptionally gracious and kind, in their words on here and in their actions at shows.  

I guess all I am saying is respect others' opinions and don't post out of anger.  Personally I like the album and I like the artwork.  I don't love either one like I do other Jacket albums.  Maybe that'll change, maybe that won't.  I do know that MMJ is talented and imaginative enough to appeal to all kinds of people, on different levels.  But that also means that some of their music won't sit well with listeners experienced and new, young and old.  Embrace that; don't condemn it.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

Dorothy_Mantooth

hey this kind of reminds me of a table full of like-minded democrats having a good time until someone yells out "HILLARY OR OBAMA?!?!?" and then all HELL BREAKS LOOSE and someone inevitably leaves pissed/crying. It's about as useful as children fighting on a playground.

I like a good debate like anyone, but this getting a little bananz.

HATERZ 2 THE LEFT, LIKE BEYONCE SEZ.
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

ms. yvon

good words, cake!

for the kids keeping it cool, punch and pie by the bike racks after school!  :D
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

aMD

agreed.  sorry if i contributed to the nastier tone of late.  it's just music guys. let's not fight.  :)

tomEisenbraun

anna, would you please....

THRUST IT IN MY FACE?!?!?!

kthxbye!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Angry Ewok

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

If you havn't already, please be sure and check out vc's recent memberpic! :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

evilPaauwe

cheers.

ycartrob

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Dorothy_Mantooth

i wish people would do a little less TALKING and a little more THRUSTING.
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

megalicious

in all these celine pics, it looks like she's holding the babies to her ear and trying to hear the ocean
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

ms. yvon

;D ;D ;D ;D

i just lost a lung laughing
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

MMJ_fanatic

Just hold on til June 10--it will be OK...
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

dragonboy

Quotein all these celine pics, it looks like she's holding the babies to her ear and trying to hear the ocean
;D ;D ;D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

fortbethel

Everyone's mean to me! :(

ms. yvon

j, i've met you and you look nothing like celine dion.

EC

CAN WE PLEASE
oh sorry i was in all caps

can we please make this thread about asking cake a question and her providing the answer?

dear cake:  will i still be living the life of a recently graduated university student when i'm 40?  my roommates would also like to know the answer to that question, too.

thanks!
signed,
young-at-heart