I'm so bummed

Started by songdiver, Oct 05, 2008, 03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

songdiver

It makes me almost sick that I didn't go to the show in Detroit.  That was my last chance to see them this year.  I saw them in Louisville, which was the best show I've ever seen, and I want more, but me and my girlfriend just broke up so it was impossible to go, especially b/c I would have gone with her (so sad).  I know this whole tour had to be insane and I wish I could have witnessed more; MMJ fucking steamrolled this fucking country in 2008 and have changed the course of this world, even if the world doesn't realize it yet.  

So, I listened to the Nashville 08 show, and now I'm on the Louisville 08 show.  The Nashville taping almost killed me tonight, but after it was over I stood by my cds for a while, thinking "okay, Chris...you can do this...listen to other music," but I couldn't stop the MMJ onslaught, I needed to be punished for not going to another show, so I have to sit here now for almost 6 hours and listen to what I am missing out on at the shows.  It's a wonderful punishment, but torturous in the same right.  God, even the recordings of the shows makes me tremble.  I don't even fucking know, I mean it's a feeling and a meaning...that I understand, right?

Man, the real trip is when they play a fun/upbeat/rockin song, and you're thinking, "man, they are badass," and then the next song kicks in and it's a song like 'Phone Went West," or 'Steam Engine,' or 'Dondante' and it strikes you right at the fucking core and just completely freezes time and space.  Do they even know what they do to us?  Maybe not everyone on here has completely been down the rabbit hole, (you should)but they do some crazy shit to me.  They have made me completely insane and addicted and attached so I can't even differentiate between my life and the music, b/c there is not way to separate the two at this point, and THANK JIM FOR THAT!  It's great,

I'm pretty happy, but really sad about not seeing them in
Detroit this weekend.  I might save up money and go to the new year's eve show in NYC.  I guess I could take a bus or something and just do enough drugs there that I can stay up all night and not have to pay for a hotel and not have to eat too much.  How much would a bus fare cost from Fort Wayne, IN?  I think I could do this.  I don't care if I don't have anyone to go with, the energy from this show will be worth it if I had to live on the streets after the show was over.  I will be some crazy homeless guy on the streets of NYC mumbling about a My Morning Jacket show and how it saved the world.  But I'll be so happy, you won't even know it, unless you went to the show, and then you'll be happy too.

I thought of a good baseball analogy, if you are introducing MMJ to a big sports fan who hasn't listened to the band yet.  If they are, for example, a big Boston Red Sox fan, you say this:  A My Morning Jacket concert is like...If you went to a red sox  game and the first red sox hitter sprinted up to the plate and hit a home run on the first pitch and then sprinted around the bases and the next hitter came up and also hit a home run on the first pitch, and then one after another, this trend of greatness continued, with each player crushing home runs on each pitch, some of the homers reaching epic distances and heights that will one day be seem mythical because of it's greatness, and only occasionally will the team hit triples, or doubles, or singles, and only very rare outs will end the inning.  The red sox will have over 30 runs in the first inning, and by the 7th, 8th, and 9th innings the red sox will be scoring apprx. 60 runs per inning.  The final score is: Red Sox360, opposition 0.  At this point, after just one game, David Ortiz already has 27 home runs and every person on the team has already been named an all-star.  Some games, the red sox might only score 240 runs, but some games, they might score 500; either way, they are outscoring the whole league by an average of 300 runs per night, so you will be standing the whole game cheering your face off until you are ready to pass out from too much excitement.  Now wouldn't that make you happy?  Go bosox, go My Morning Jacket.  So, that's what I'm going to tell baseball fans when they asked about MMJ.  If it's basketball..."imagine a center who is 80 feet tall who is slam dunking on people's bodies and souls."  whatever, you can do that with any sport; endless possibilities there.

I'm really a good mood despite still living with my ex-girlfriend.  We still love each other, but we can't seem to really get along all the time, so we decided to split.  But I'm not going to let that get me too down, I like happiness, it's cool.  The weed helps me, the best form of medication in the history of this world (that's the gospel right there) and a good way of seeing people for who they really are, including yourself.  

It's real dark in my apartment, and I have some candles lit...it reminds me of the line in 'One In The Same' about eyes like caves on my cheeks.  It's those lines from Jim that just fucking kill me every time.  Damn
"where we are, in the blink of an eye you get several meanings"

ultravisitor

Quoteme and my girlfriend just broke up so it was impossible to go,

How did that make it impossible to go?  Couldn't you have gone by yourself?

DaFunkyPrecedent

QuoteIt makes me almost sick that I didn't go to the show in Detroit.  That was my last chance to see them this year.  I saw them in Louisville, which was the best show I've ever seen, and I want more, but me and my girlfriend just broke up so it was impossible to go, especially b/c I would have gone with her (so sad).  I know this whole tour had to be insane and I wish I could have witnessed more; MMJ fucking steamrolled this fucking country in 2008 and have changed the course of this world, even if the world doesn't realize it yet.  

So, I listened to the Nashville 08 show, and now I'm on the Louisville 08 show.  The Nashville taping almost killed me tonight, but after it was over I stood by my cds for a while, thinking "okay, Chris...you can do this...listen to other music," but I couldn't stop the MMJ onslaught, I needed to be punished for not going to another show, so I have to sit here now for almost 6 hours and listen to what I am missing out on at the shows.  It's a wonderful punishment, but torturous in the same right.  God, even the recordings of the shows makes me tremble.  I don't even fucking know, I mean it's a feeling and a meaning...that I understand, right?

Man, the real trip is when they play a fun/upbeat/rockin song, and you're thinking, "man, they are badass," and then the next song kicks in and it's a song like 'Phone Went West," or 'Steam Engine,' or 'Dondante' and it strikes you right at the fucking core and just completely freezes time and space.  Do they even know what they do to us?  Maybe not everyone on here has completely been down the rabbit hole, (you should)but they do some crazy shit to me.  They have made me completely insane and addicted and attached so I can't even differentiate between my life and the music, b/c there is not way to separate the two at this point, and THANK JIM FOR THAT!  It's great,

I'm pretty happy, but really sad about not seeing them in
Detroit this weekend.  I might save up money and go to the new year's eve show in NYC.  I guess I could take a bus or something and just do enough drugs there that I can stay up all night and not have to pay for a hotel and not have to eat too much.  How much would a bus fare cost from Fort Wayne, IN?  I think I could do this.  I don't care if I don't have anyone to go with, the energy from this show will be worth it if I had to live on the streets after the show was over.  I will be some crazy homeless guy on the streets of NYC mumbling about a My Morning Jacket show and how it saved the world.  But I'll be so happy, you won't even know it, unless you went to the show, and then you'll be happy too.

I thought of a good baseball analogy, if you are introducing MMJ to a big sports fan who hasn't listened to the band yet.  If they are, for example, a big Boston Red Sox fan, you say this:  A My Morning Jacket concert is like...If you went to a red sox  game and the first red sox hitter sprinted up to the plate and hit a home run on the first pitch and then sprinted around the bases and the next hitter came up and also hit a home run on the first pitch, and then one after another, this trend of greatness continued, with each player crushing home runs on each pitch, some of the homers reaching epic distances and heights that will one day be seem mythical because of it's greatness, and only occasionally will the team hit triples, or doubles, or singles, and only very rare outs will end the inning.  The red sox will have over 30 runs in the first inning, and by the 7th, 8th, and 9th innings the red sox will be scoring apprx. 60 runs per inning.  The final score is: Red Sox360, opposition 0.  At this point, after just one game, David Ortiz already has 27 home runs and every person on the team has already been named an all-star.  Some games, the red sox might only score 240 runs, but some games, they might score 500; either way, they are outscoring the whole league by an average of 300 runs per night, so you will be standing the whole game cheering your face off until you are ready to pass out from too much excitement.  Now wouldn't that make you happy?  Go bosox, go My Morning Jacket.  So, that's what I'm going to tell baseball fans when they asked about MMJ.  If it's basketball..."imagine a center who is 80 feet tall who is slam dunking on people's bodies and souls."  whatever, you can do that with any sport; endless possibilities there.

I'm really a good mood despite still living with my ex-girlfriend.  We still love each other, but we can't seem to really get along all the time, so we decided to split.  But I'm not going to let that get me too down, I like happiness, it's cool.  The weed helps me, the best form of medication in the history of this world (that's the gospel right there) and a good way of seeing people for who they really are, including yourself.  

It's real dark in my apartment, and I have some candles lit...it reminds me of the line in 'One In The Same' about eyes like caves on my cheeks.  It's those lines from Jim that just fucking kill me every time.  Damn

when i stopped smoking weed I was able to stop fighting with my girlfriend so much.  Weed can make you edgy (like any drug) if you smoke a lot.  Just sayin'....
God damn those shaky knees.