If your name is Jim James - DON't READ

Started by eiseyrokker, Dec 06, 2005, 12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

tomEisenbraun

do it. it'd be awesome.

an di have no idea if the cd is there or not, I go home tomorrow though, so i'll let ya know when i get back if it's there.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

George_Savage

Is there an address that his management company can supply us with?     That way we could just all send him our individual 'get well'  cards/tapes, etc.   Not that I don't trust Tom or whomever is doing this to get it to Jim - it just sounds easier to me.  

Low Dog

tomEisenbraun

hmmm...my intent was to assemble a box, so that one big box o goodness got to him all at one time, in order to overwhelm him with well-wishes. I don't know exactly what the deal is with the address of the management office, whether they want me posting that on here or what. I'll do my work to find out, and then let you know. If you wanna shoot me an email, I'd be glad to answer it for ya in the meantime.

ali

i think the idea of one box is nicer - bit of an international-cooperation effort....
love a song for the way it makes you feel

tomEisenbraun

indeed. speakin, of which, i got your stuff in the mail. apparently they delivered it on Sunday, which is really weird. USPS doesn't do that. ever. your gift looks awesome, and I might add that you have  pretty kickin handwriting.

Thanks for helpin out with it.

and yeah, I think that having it be one big united effort, instead of a bunch of little stuff, that kind of adds to it. because, instead of just sending somehting on your own, it's sending it in a big group of stuff that Jim gets to root through all at once, and then see how many people have thrown stuff in and contributed and that we do give a rip that he gets over this pneumonia garbage quick and in good spirits.  

tomEisenbraun

hey guys, how bout this get well card? we don't have very many people on board for it yet. in case you didn't read up on it already, here's the deal. i'm gonna send off a get well card in a day or two to somebody from the boards. in turn, they'll sign it and send it on it's way to the next person from the boards. my hope was to get a whole bunch of people in on this one, so we could have 20-25 people signing it. so far we have about eight, so let's get a bunch more on board. if you'd like to get in on the mailing list for it, so that you get the card, drop me a line at tomeisenbraun@gmail.com

let's make this thing awesome

gust

I hate to sound like a party pooper but it's starting to seem like the band will have released another record by the time this thing actually gets to Jim...

SMc55

QuoteI hate to sound like a party pooper but it's starting to seem like the band will have released another record by the time this thing actually gets to Jim...

Well if you hate it don't do it. People are doing their best.

ali

glad the cd arrived ok - still can't believe it got to you that fast! pat on the back for US mail or whoever!

the cd was a bit of a rush job, but i think it came up well in the end... my handwriting's pretty much a result of my job...

and i'm sure jim'll appreciate the effort, no matter how long it takes (not that its taken that long so far) its the thought/love/best wishes behind it that count after all  :)

love a song for the way it makes you feel

gust

Jesus.  When did I ever say I hated it?  Get a grip.

SMc55

QuoteJesus.  When did I ever say I hated it?  Get a grip.

You said you hated sounding like a party pooper.
My grip's fine.

gust

SMc55

QuoteOK, Pollyanna.  My mistake.

No problemo.
(I'll take Pollyanna as a compliment ;))

gust

Feel free.

I think it's a nice thing you want to do.  I was just concerned about is timeliness and frankly, I don't know how to say anything without sounding like a bitch.  Whenever it arrives, I am sure Jim will be thankful.

Dee.

If the card gets sent my way, I'll have at least three other peeps sign it and profess their love.  :)

tomEisenbraun

awesome deal. it'll get there in time, i'm sure. he may be feelign a lot better thaqn bed-ridden by the time it gets to him, but it'll get there. i'm sure he's not gettin better overnight from this deal.

ben grimm

QuoteIf the card gets sent my way, I'll have at least three other peeps sign it and profess their love.  :)

Where are you?
We're a little thin on the ground in Europe.

Dee.

Easy Morning Rebel

If I wanted to send Jim a Get-well-soon card, where am I supposed to send it?
Sorry, if this question been brought up earlier, but I couldn't find where it has.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues