Pick ONE NEW Monster!!!!

Started by sweatboard, Oct 30, 2009, 01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Not that they need any help or anything, but in your wildest dream what artist would you pick to join the Monsters Of Folk?  I was thinking Ryan Adams but I'm going to go with Neko Case because of the simple fact I don't want Conor to be the only girl in the band......I kid, I kid.......I really do love Conor.

Seriously though, Neko and Jim together on "Sooner"  :o

Third Runner Up - Wayne Coyne (It would make the Halloween show even better)
There's Still Time.........

Ghosts_on_TV

Jeff Tweedy or Andrew Bird. Or Glen Danzig.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

buymycar

wakebord

Tweedy or Ryan Adams would be great.  I think Tweedy would be a better fit though.  

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

capt. scotty

QuoteBeck

After only reading the OP, I started thinking.

It took me less than a minute to come to Beck as my choice. I think he'd bring his own interesting, unique dynamic to the group, just like each current member does.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

el_chode

I'm surrounded by assholes

sweatboard

Andrew Bird, Beck, Glen Danzig, Conway Twitty  all Great choices, sounds like a potential supergroup in itself.

I think Chan Marshall (Cat Power) would be awesome as well.  I've been wanting to hear her sing with Jim for a while.

el_chode

DaFunkyPrecedent

Bonnie "Prince" Billy.  Duh.
God damn those shaky knees.

Willy

Justin Vernon from bon iver
"Welcome......you newb"

el_chode

Serious Answer:

James Murphy, just to see what would happen

- or -

E, just to see how twisted the album became

goose

Ben Sollee picking that cello like a effin banjo!
Hooked on four like one, two, three

AMightyCaporal

Tweedy or Neko Case fer sure
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

ManNamedTruth

Cool topic but I like they way they sound together now. I don't think Andrew Bird's voice would mix in well, although some whistling would sound cool.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

jmk

Damien Rice, but I think a Rice/Yames duo would be even better.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Markus E. Realeus

"I have spent my life, seeking all that's still unsung."-Hunter

sweatboard

QuoteGene Simmons. Obviously.

Yeah good point, but he would always hold a grudge because Jim fills out the costume better than he does.

The last thing the Monster Of Folk need is tension amongst the band members.  Although I would like to see a VH1 behind the music Monster Of Folk special someday.  It would be all about how M. Ward and Gene Simmons snorted coke, drank Jack Daniels and made fun of Conor Oberst the entire time.